Russell Brand Storms British Parliament Calling For A Revolution

Mon, June 23, 2014 12:59pm EDT by 9 Comments
Russell Brand Storms Parliament
Courtesy of Getty

Oh, no! Russell Brand is at it again. On June 21, Russell crashed British Parliament and called on protesters to join him in a “joyful” revolution. This is not the first time Russell has shared his controversial views in public. Read on to watch what happened.

Russell Brand, 39, is no stranger to protests. In 2013, Russell asked young people not to vote and now he is urging protesters to join him in a “joyful” revolution. On June 21, Russell spoke to London protesters who gathered to rally against new austerity measures by the British government.

Russell Brand Calls For A Revolution

During the protest, Russell spoke to nearly 50,000 protestors in London’s Parliament Square and urged them to join him in a “peaceful, effortless, joyful revolution.”

“The people of this building [the House of Commons] generally speaking do not represent us, they represent their friends in big business. It’s time for us to take back our power,” Russell said in a video posted on Sky News.

In the video, Russell goes on to say that power lies with the people, not with the government. Katy Perry, how did you neglect to tell us that your ex-husband was such a freedom fighter!?

The recent march marked the one-year anniversary of the formation of the People’s Assembly Against Austerity. The group will have a second march in October with the Trades Union Congress.

Russell Brand’s controversial Antics

This is not the first time that Russell has been in the news for his controversial antics. On October 23, 2013, Russell made some heated political remarks about the British government in an interview. In 2001, Russell was arrested and charged with criminal damage and indecent exposure when he stripped naked while covering the May Day protests for MTV.

HollywoodLifers, what do you think of Russell’s call for a revolution? Let us know!

– Stephanie Bray

More Russell Brand News:

1. Russell Brand: Parliament Member Slams Him After Divisive Interview
  2. Russell Brand Disses Katy Perry: I Thought Of ‘Anyone Else’ During Sex
  3. Katy Perry: Russell Brand Shared Divorce Plans With Text Message

Curt

Posted at 7:23 AM on September 8, 2014

I appreciate, cause I found just what I was having
a look for. You have ended my 4 day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a
great day. Bye

Jerold

Posted at 2:19 PM on September 1, 2014

Hi! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to
give a quick shout out and say I truly enjoy reading your posts.
Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same subjects?
Thanks for your time!

Marcia

Posted at 12:04 PM on August 29, 2014

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied on the
video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence on just posting videos to
your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

Carroll

Posted at 11:22 AM on August 29, 2014

When I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a
comment is added I receive 4 emails with the same comment.
Perhaps there is a means you can remove me from that service?
Cheers!

Ismael

Posted at 10:02 AM on August 29, 2014

I am extremely inspired along with your writing skills as well as with the
structure in your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize itt yourself?
Either way keep up the excellednt quality writing,
it’s uncommon to peer a great blog like this one these days..

Fatima

Posted at 2:44 AM on August 29, 2014

Hello there! Would you mijd if I share your blog with my myspace group?
There’s a lot of people that I think would really
enjoy your content. Please let me know. Thank you

Mellissa

Posted at 10:43 PM on August 28, 2014

It iis not my first time to visit this website, i am brosing this site dailly and take pleasant data from here daily.

Calvin

Posted at 8:59 PM on August 28, 2014

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and
it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I
could I desire to suggest you few interesting things or advice.
Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
I desire to read even more things about it!

DonnaNGregory (@DonnaNGregory1)

Posted at 1:18 PM on June 23, 2014

my friend’s half-sister makes $78 /hour on the computer . She has been without work for 9 months but last month her pay was $20528 just working on the computer for a few hours. you can look here
…………
▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼
you could try this out >>>>>> xd5.ℕℯt/7ca3
▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲
GO TO THE SITE FOR MORE INFO ANd HELP………