‘Rising Star’ Recap: New Competition Puts You In The Judge’s Seat

Sun, June 22, 2014 11:26pm EDT by 18 Comments
Rising Star Premiere
Getty

Heather

Posted at 10:03 AM on June 23, 2014

It was a joke on the West Coast, our votes didn’t count. We get to save someone who might be eliminated yeah that’s going to make me tune in….NOT!!!!! It should be live here on the West Coast too, it’s filmed in LA for goodness sake. It’s basically a show determined by East Coast viewers. When they have to pre-film reactions, one for if they make it and one for if they don’t, that’s called scripted not live. I usually like Brad Paisley but making fun of epilepsy isn’t funny.

Katie

Posted at 6:12 AM on July 6, 2014

How does the west coach look? Do you see the east coast scoring?

Ron

Posted at 8:46 AM on June 23, 2014

Ludicrous,? seriously Ludicrous ?

Delsey S. Mccrimon

Posted at 8:45 AM on June 23, 2014

I’m new. to this,so please help me out!

Ron

Posted at 8:38 AM on June 23, 2014

Maybe we should vote on the commercials instead, since commercials are the heart of the show. Man they need to have at least two contestants before a commercial break.

Katie

Posted at 6:14 AM on July 6, 2014

I noticed that also… Maybe because they have to get the back in place

Katie

Posted at 6:15 AM on July 6, 2014

I meant wall in place…
Thinking faster than I’m typing

el

Posted at 3:59 AM on June 23, 2014

The show dragged too much. Keep it moving with more contestants. Was a little boring.

Harold

Posted at 2:00 AM on June 23, 2014

Girl picked out of the crowd posted this on facebook that morning. Looks like she already knew and didnt help make it facebook legit.

Macy Kate
13 hours ago
sad news, I had 2 cancel my stageit tonight:( I had something really exciting come up TONIGHT that I can’t tell u about yet but stay tuned;) all of you who bought tickets already I am sooo sorry but I will be sending you an MK VIP kit so make sure you keep a look out:) love you guys so much and thank you so much for understanding

John

Posted at 1:28 AM on June 23, 2014

To much bs and not enough entertainment. It took 20 minutes after the show started before we heard anyone sing. If it’s going to last they need to cut out the bs and double the amount of contestants singing.

Lorinda

Posted at 1:23 AM on June 23, 2014

What happens next for contestants that do move on?

internet marketing

Posted at 1:15 AM on June 23, 2014

As the admin of this site is working, no uncertainty
very quickly it will be famous, due to its quality contents.

Laurie Cyr

Posted at 1:02 AM on June 23, 2014

Great new format finally! Too bad they had to put that Ludacris on as a judge; if anyone ever had a stage name that suits, it’s him!

Katie

Posted at 6:19 AM on July 6, 2014

What makes it worse is that he doesn’t sing.

I have great respect for what he does but he isn’t qualified to act like if simon Cowell and hockey players…

Ren

Posted at 12:49 AM on June 23, 2014

One of the worst shows I have ever seen. It wont be returning.

Shellie_g11

Posted at 12:38 AM on June 23, 2014

I think the whole concept of the show is great, just terrible judges/host.

Heidi

Posted at 12:50 AM on June 23, 2014

I agree. Terrible hosts/judges! The whole app thing doesn’t ‘t seem to work either. I want to see more before I make a final judgement.

SKDogLover

Posted at 11:47 PM on June 22, 2014

Hmmm. Is Macy 16 or 17? Conflicting info.

Show was blah. May watch one more time but cannot believe it will grab my attention for any longer than that.