Melissa McCarthy Talks Weight: Why She Refuses To Diet

Fri, June 20, 2014 5:07pm EST by 13 Comments 18,864 Article Views
Melissa McCarthy Rolling Stone
Courtesy of Rolling Stone

Melissa McCarthy is the star of the upcoming movie ‘Tammy,’ out July 2, and also on the June 20 cover of ‘Rolling Stone.’ In the mag, she is described as being ‘fearless, fierce and funny’ and we can see why! She has never abided to any Hollywood standards and does not regret it one bit! See what she has to say about her much-taked-about weight below.

Melissa McCarthy, 44, is back on the big screen on July 2 in another hilarious movie, Tammy, giving Rolling Stone magazine a perfect reason to put the actress on its July 2014 cover. In it, she confesses some unusual (yet still funny!) acting techniques, and why she does not care about weight gain or dieting.

Melissa McCarthy On ‘Rolling Stone’ — She’s Happy With Her Weight

This may come as a shocker to some celebrities who are weight-obsessed and spend their days searching for the perfect diet, but Melissa actually does not mind her extra pounds and is actually happy the way she is now.

Remembering her early acting years, when she was between a size 6 or 8, Melissa said she never felt fully satisfied — she was taking care of herself but she was not appreciating it. This is why she completely dismisses anybody criticizing her weight and her looks – she just doesn’t care!

She Does Not Think It’s That Important

Melissa agrees: she could work out more, she could eat healthier, she could drink less, but after two kids, she admits that some stuff just does not matter to her anymore.

Her philosophy in her own words? “I could eat healthier, I could drink less. I should be learning another language and working out more, but I’m just always saying, ‘Ah, I could get hit by a bus tomorrow.’”

She would much rather enjoy the present moment than to worry about future consequences, and we can’t blame her for that! As long as she remains as radiant and glowing as she is now, nothing can get her down.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Is Melissa right to feel this way?

–Marie MG

More Melissa McCarthy News:

1. Melissa McCarthy’s Super Glam Waves — Get Her Exact Hairstyle
  2. ‘The Heat’ Reviews: A Buddy-Cop Comedy For The Ages?
  3. Sandra Bullock, Melissa McCarthy & Kids Go Incognito Trick-Or-Treating

Kathy Hill

Posted at 7:16 AM on October 29, 2014

If she is happy just leave her a lone. I never look at people’s weight. I look at there personality .
What dose if matter if your not a nice person. she seems to be just that a nice person. that s all that matters

Lazy woman.

Posted at 2:55 AM on October 13, 2014

bunch of fat women on here eh? have fun when your feet get removed because you think this cow is inspirational.

maria

Posted at 9:36 AM on October 7, 2014

Melissa we love u the way u r only change for u no one else u inspire the beautiful big girls to be happy as long as we r healthy

Sval

Posted at 11:19 AM on August 26, 2014

I don’t believe people need to be skinny – in fact I think women are more attractive with a little “meat” on their bones. The one thing I don’t agree with is pursuing unhealthy habits. When you have kids you should at least try to make your lifestyle a little healthier for the simple reason of your kids need you. People who are TOO overweight have shorter life spans and more incidents of illness. That being said I also think everyone is overly invested in OTHER people’s business. Look out for yourself and stop snarking on other people’s decisions.

maria

Posted at 9:33 AM on October 7, 2014

It can be a problem like u said but im sure she goes to a doctor and if there was a concern she would address it i am a big girl and get my cholesteral and suger checked every year i have kids and want to be here for them like any mother.and i love melissa for the fact that she is big and proud as am i cuz damn she is pretty and i am also lol

Lisa

Posted at 7:24 PM on August 5, 2014

I love Melissa. She is so pretty and funny. I am plus size too, I think this world needs to change and quit looking down on each other. If being plus size isn’t your thing keep your mouth shut and mind your own business! I love my curves and my style is sexy.

Shevorah Jacobson

Posted at 10:52 PM on July 4, 2014

All womenbwant to feel at home in their own skin the sad part hard to get respect when your fat.

kateperry (@kateper41345802)

Posted at 11:04 AM on June 28, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister brought home $20864 a week ago. she has been making cash on the internet and bought a $519900 home. All she did was get lucky and apply the advice exposed on this link
➜➜➜➜➜➜➜ M­­­­­­A­­­­­­X­­­­­­4­­­3.C­­­O­­­M­­­

Mara Shapshay

Posted at 5:10 PM on June 25, 2014

I LOVE Melissa. I think she is talented beyond measure but I don’t buy that her weight doesn’t bother her. Being obese which is what she is, is not healthy in the slightest. There are a myriad of health problems you get when you’re overweight. I don’t agree with dieting but I do agree with eating healthy and exercising. There is also a large emotional component when someone over eats. If you read any Geneen Roth, you will realize that food is not love and what you put on your plate is how you view the world.

Nancy J

Posted at 3:06 PM on June 21, 2014

As long as someone is able to do all they want and it seems she is, then it is no one else’s business what she weighs. If she is happy and content…we do not have to be someone else’s vision of how everyone should look. John Goodman and other male actors do not get the same obsessions from the public on weight, so it is also a double standard. It is possible for someone overweight to be physically fit and Melissa is probably more physically fit than many of her 110 lb peers. She seems like she is emotionally and physically healthy and that is really all we should hope for her as one of our favorite actresses.

Lazy woman.

Posted at 2:58 AM on October 13, 2014

if shes your idea of healthy you must be a bigger cow than her. oh yeah, john goodman was funny. not some obnoxious, fat train riding hog in the name of “female power”.

Jackie Jacks

Posted at 6:29 AM on June 21, 2014

I Love MELISSA! You ROCK Baby!

cluelesscanadian

Posted at 5:18 PM on June 20, 2014

I was told to stop talking. Sigh…… I really did meet her at the flying canoe and I bent down on one knee that time even and she hated every moment for the rest of her music career then married some random guy and wrote a song about it. Why am I so embarissing? All I wanted was the red lobster for the rest of my life. But no I get a frenchman that can read my hat with powerful optics on some kind of government vessal.