Karrueche Tran: Thank You For Empowering Women & Their Bodies

Thu, June 19, 2014 1:36pm EDT by 127 Comments 13,995 Article Views
Karrueche Tran Body Shaming
Courtesy Of Instagram

Good for you, Karrueche! Thanks for posting a real, unretouched photo to your Instagram on June 18, showing a fit, sexy woman with stretch marks! I’m happy you spoke out — here’s why!

Karrueche Tran, model and girlfriend of Chris Brown, is standing up for women’s bodies and I love it. She posted this picture of a woman’s butt on Instagram on June 18, writing: “this is me.. I’ve got a tiny little booty w stretch marks.. there’s nothing wrong with the way God made us ❤️.” I love her inspirational message! Don’t you?

Karrueche Tran On Body Shaming — There’s Nothing Wrong With Us

I give Karrueche props for admitting that she isn’t perfect, that she has “flaws” — but who doesn’t? Her picture and caption sends a great message to young girls: accept yourself as you are.

Karrueche isn’t saying that is her in the photo, but she is saying she sees herself in this woman.

Karrueche admits she has a small butt, but even being “skinny” doesn’t mean you’re immune to things like cellulite and stretch marks. Stretch marks occur when the skin stretches, so many women get them while pregnant. You may also see stretch marks if you gain a lot of weight or muscle in a short amount of time. Sometimes body builders have stretch marks!

These body “imperfections” shouldn’t be criticized — they should be celebrated. If a woman has them on her stomach, it’s probably from giving birth to a baby — that’s an amazing thing!

Stretch Marks Should Be Celebrated

I’m happy Karrueche posted this photo.

In our world, young girls see so many images of celebrities, many of which are photoshopped, or the celebrity has had some sort of plastic surgery to make them look “better.” It’s important to celebrate our bodies for all they can do for us, and not have them take away our self-esteem and self-worth.

Thank you Karrueche, for starting the conversation.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Talk to me in the comments below.

– Dory Larrabee

More Karrueche Tran News:

1. Karrueche Tran’s Beautiful Braid — Her Long Hair Makeover
  2. Karrueche Tran Dyes Hair Bright Blue — Feeling Sad About Chris Brown?
  3. Karrueche Tran Is Ready For The New Year With New Red Hair

Jan

Posted at 5:06 PM on July 3, 2014

Seriously? When you can use something like striafade and just get rid of them? I understand that women should be comfortable with their flaws, but it’s much more empowering to improve yourself. Yes, that means mentally, physically, and in every way possible.

Mrs. Robbins

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 27, 2014

Honestly this made me feel better because I know now that I’m not the only one. I often feel so insecure with girls especially models who have flawlessly perfect bottoms. Thanks Karrueche for empowering women.

Ireland

Posted at 1:41 AM on June 23, 2014

I thought it was her and thought very cool, now I think very uncool!! Misleading.

apsyrtos

Posted at 7:14 PM on June 22, 2014

You’re taking her comment “this is me” too literally. She isn’t saying that’s literally her, that’s not a picture of her. She should’ve said “this is like me”. Again, the picture isn’t of her.

Maverick

Posted at 8:37 PM on June 22, 2014

i understand that it may not have been her intention to take credit for the image, however, although the article clears up that it isn’t a picture of karrueche, she was very misleading when posting the image if all she said was, “this is me”. let’s be serious, she totally insinuated that it was a picture of herself and that’s unbelievably uncool.

charming

Posted at 10:44 PM on June 21, 2014

kae keep loving herself , while some of you will be ashamed of just being yourselves ,wearing thick make up and cosmetic creams to hide who ya’ll truly are,for just a few hrs to be notice then have to go back to the reality of the two options to either wash them off or go to bed with it on so you won’t be a surprise to anyone in the morning

Yonce traz

Posted at 6:56 PM on June 20, 2014

that’s nice of karrueche tran and people should at least grow up on guess some of yall on here are teenager & SOME OF YALL need to get a grip!.

Patricia

Posted at 6:09 PM on June 20, 2014

She must be crazy. Chris really ?!! I guess Breezy like it just the way it is. It must be how it feels and not how it looks.

!!!!!

Posted at 1:13 PM on June 21, 2014

he doesn’t care because he’s sleeping with blair, karizma or other women this girl is just a picture for him for make chrianna ,rihanna fans ,TB talk about him and we all know 80% of TB doesn’t like this girl he doesn’t care if those comments are positive or negative he just care about bla bla ….maybe he told her to do this

TARA

Posted at 5:49 PM on June 20, 2014

NASTY GIRL HIDE THAT UGLY STRIPES HOW MANY KIDS SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BRING FORTH . LOOK UP KARRUECHE ON DRUGS YOU WILL SEE WHAT SHE IS GOOD FOR AND THEN TALK ABOUT ROLL MODEL FOR YOUNG GIRLS AND I AM SURE NO YOUNG GIRLS WOULD WANT THAT YOUNG GIRLS DO NOT WANT A BODY WITH THESE UGLY STRIPES.

even if you tried

Posted at 6:44 PM on June 20, 2014

You need Jesus

fried dyed and laid to the side like tamar

Posted at 11:23 PM on June 20, 2014

Tara….then I guess that you don’t plan to have children huh?

!!!!!

Posted at 1:05 PM on June 21, 2014

maybe…. no one know her past no one know her family or her mother she’s Mysterious she isn’t real in her personal life

Lynn

Posted at 9:11 AM on June 22, 2014

It sounds like you made that comment, because you get no attention at home or work… and look like you got it based on your replies. Next time make sure you read your comments, because they really do reveal a lot about a person. Dido!!!! to the persons reply before me, because you need JESUS…right now! if you want to survive in your everyday living.

she can do whatever

Posted at 5:04 PM on June 20, 2014

if she feels to be a prophete, it’s her good right. she thinks, she’s a role model already. It has nothing to do with the fact that I don’t like her. she’s ignoring a lot of things. deep inside is not her focus, surface is her thing. but there she is not alone. we have people who bleech and go through diets while they say perfection is a disease.

Duba

Posted at 2:21 PM on June 21, 2014

What?????? Doesn’t make sense.

Lekwetse

Posted at 7:58 AM on June 20, 2014

#RESPECT

Daniel Ferrara

Posted at 11:31 AM on June 20, 2014

I freelance over th℮ internet and earn about 80-85$ an hour. I was without a job for 7 months but last month my paycheck with big fat bonus was $15000 just working on my computer from my home for 5-6 hours. Here’s what i have been doing… B­­­­­­U­­­­­­ZZ­­­­­­1­­­9.C­­­O­­­M­­­

bellechoco

Posted at 7:15 AM on June 20, 2014

I reall love kae she knows what she’s doing.Big up girl for standing for all the women.

chocolate

Posted at 7:12 AM on June 20, 2014

Yay go Karrueche u luk really sexy hot and natural. Not lyk some ppl who like using PHOTOSHOP n think they look gud while it’s FAKE!!!!. I appreciate u, lav u garl (always stay positive ;)

xIslander

Posted at 2:51 AM on June 20, 2014

pls don’t do this agn hl, nasty

chris

Posted at 1:32 AM on June 20, 2014

Stripes like that makes a man feel nauseated, put some clothes on it looks nasty.

even if you tried

Posted at 6:46 PM on June 20, 2014

Not every man…*coughs Chris Brown*

!!!!!

Posted at 12:57 PM on June 21, 2014

but chris is sick !!!!!she talk about the normal man

Good4her

Posted at 9:07 PM on June 19, 2014

ABOUT time this site puts real people on instead of the FAKE Kardashians