‘American Horror Story: Freak Show': Sarah Paulson’s Character Revealed

Thu, June 12, 2014 3:33pm EDT by 25 Comments
American Horror Story Freak Show Sarah Paulson
Courtesy of FX

CaseyUndead

Posted at 1:18 AM on June 15, 2014

I think the psychologist/ bloody face’s son would be a great clown killer. It just suits him a lot with his mellow facial impression. I just can’t help but think he would be a great clown.

jodi

Posted at 2:03 PM on June 14, 2014

I am a ridiculous ahs fan all 3 seasons last season it was a 3 hour event every week in my household the new episode the last weeks and the current week refresher lol… i was a little obsessed i can not wait to do it all over again .

Francisco

Posted at 2:54 PM on June 13, 2014

I’m missing Zachary Quinto in AHS, so far it seems he won’t be back either next season. I hope is due to he being busy in other projects and not because he’s no longer interested in working for the show.

mooshki

Posted at 6:44 PM on June 13, 2014

I’m sure it’s because he’s busy. He’s been making films steadily and also has been on Broadway.

Connie Bratten

Posted at 2:44 PM on June 13, 2014

No, no, don’t like this. I want the witches back. I was looking forward to the new season, and I understand it takes place in a 1950s freak carnival, but this is just too freaky for me.

Violentz3

Posted at 9:48 AM on June 13, 2014

Bring back Pepper! Prequel to her entering the nut house in Season 2.

Francisco

Posted at 2:51 PM on June 13, 2014

That actually is a great idea, although if I remember correctly Pepper gets in the asylum because she killed someone. I guess it would have to be written in a way where they can justify the two versions of the story. Pepper was indeed a cool character.

Natalie

Posted at 4:33 PM on June 13, 2014

Nah, she didn’t actually kill anyone; it was her brother-in-law who killed the baby but since Pepper was already microcephalic and couldn’t defend herself she got blamed for it :(

Pepper was the best.

Pamster

Posted at 11:06 PM on June 12, 2014

I like Sarah Paulson as an actress, too. I don’t really remember seeing her in much before AHS. Here’s a little history, though. I was watching that movie, “What Women Want” with Mel Gibson and Helen Hunt the other night, and I was surprised to see Sarah Paulson had a small part in it. She was Mel Gibson’s assistant. I want to say it came out in mid 2000s.

SpursGal

Posted at 12:18 AM on June 13, 2014

She was in “Down With Love” and was awesome in it!

Scott

Posted at 11:25 AM on June 13, 2014

She was also in “The Other Sister”, which was a cute movie!

Ashley

Posted at 1:33 PM on June 13, 2014

sarah paulson was on a show called “american gothic” a looong time ago…she played the sister of lucas black’s character (don’t want to ruin it by saying anymore)…the show had a very small run and it really reminds me of american horror story (and same type of horror genre) but something did happen that some of the episodes were played out of order (political maybe? can’t remember)…i was a kid at the time and remember watching it and being so scared, yet couldn’t stop watching even past my bedtime lol…wish it would have lasted longer because i loved it…hard to find but if you love ahs you’d probably like it too :)

mooshki

Posted at 6:42 PM on June 13, 2014

I watched American Gothic back in the day too. I really liked it. Gary Cole was great in it.

William.

Posted at 7:05 PM on June 13, 2014

AMERICAN GOTHIC was developed by Shawn Cassidy. Sarah Paulson’s character would always say: “Someone’s at the door!” She got whacked in the head with a shovel by her father and was basically a vegetable after that. It is a shame it only made it one season. or was it 2? back in 1995 or so.

Jon Goldstein

Posted at 9:54 PM on June 12, 2014

Two much of a good thing?

Natalie

Posted at 9:53 PM on June 12, 2014

That picture is just a photoshop of her character Lana from season 2. It’s nothing new.

Mecca

Posted at 10:44 PM on June 12, 2014

I think that’s the point. Don’t want to give much away a guess. Still gotta be excited for this right? It’s gonna be freaking great!!

Natalie

Posted at 6:35 PM on June 13, 2014

“Obviously, it’s hard to tell too much from one picture, but it looks like they’ll have fairly opposing personalities. One has her eyes cast down, demure, and the other is staring intensely into the camera”

The author of this article implies that this is a legitimate picture of Sarah’s character, which is still in development. I just wanted to point out that this is not a new picture and thus inaccurate to describe the picture as being such. :)

kayla

Posted at 6:21 PM on June 12, 2014

So glad Kathy Bates + Angela Basset are both returning!

Lassie

Posted at 6:06 PM on June 12, 2014

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!! EEEEEEEE!!!!!!! 50’s! Freak Show! (now watch all the people come out of the woodwork to whine about exploitation, and what about REAL two-headed people and how they feel, and what is it with people who hate clowns…)

Alison

Posted at 6:27 AM on June 13, 2014

I hate clowns and I still will watch every episode.

aclay (@GAMEONCOCKSUCKR)

Posted at 6:05 PM on June 12, 2014

ugh. i hope its not more awful comedy and jokes. last season was so awful. nothing was scary, creep or made sense.

Tay

Posted at 12:06 AM on June 13, 2014

i literally disliked last season so much. it was such a bummer they took a lighter approach to it. i want gore and more of evan peters being emotionally unstable! maybe he will be the so aptly named Clown Killer!

mooshki

Posted at 5:54 PM on June 12, 2014

I’m glad AHS has given Sarah a chance to be noticed by more people. She is really talented.

Regina

Posted at 4:30 PM on June 12, 2014

Jessica always says it’s going to be her last season… But IT NEVER IS! I won’t believe its her last until she doesn’t appear in any episodes.