R. Kelly: You Need To Support Your Transgender Son, Jay, 13

Wed, June 11, 2014 6:38pm EDT by 10 Comments 11,870 Article Views
R Kelly Supporting Transgender Son
Courtesy of Instagram/ Jive Records

R. Kelly — your youngest son, Jay, proudly came out as a transgender teen on the social media website Ask.fm recently. Jay, who was born biologically female, needs your love and support now more than ever, R. Kelly, so it’s time for you to step up to the plate!

R. Kelly Jay Kelly, the 13-year-old son you share with your ex-wife, television personality Drea Kelly, has revealed to the world that he is transgender. While Jay has told fans that his mom and siblings have been very supportive of him, it’s been reported that you don’t even know about your son’s transgender identity. If that’s true, then it’s not okay, R. Kelly! You need to reach out to your son and make sure he knows that he has your full support, as he takes steps to become the person he was meant to be.

R. Kelly Supporting Transgender Son? — Stand By Jay Now That He Has Come Out

R. Kelly — nearly 14 years ago on June 28, 2001, you and your ex Drea Kelly welcomed a beautiful baby girl named Jaya. When Jaya reached the age of “6 or 7,” she gradually began to identify with being a male. Now, at 13, Jaya goes by “Jay” and has boldly announced that he is transgender.

“I believe I am a boy and want surgery, and the medication to help me who I was supposed to be,” Jay explained while opening up about his sexuality on Ask.fm, a social media site that allows users to ask each other anonymous questions.

Jay came out to his mom, Drea, about a year ago, and he shared her amazing reaction with his Ask.fm followers, writing, “[My mom] was like, ‘Baby, you know I love you if you were bi, gay, [lesbian], you name it and I would still love you so much. She was very proud of me, I was like, ‘Thank you mom for accepting the fact that I’m a transgender.'”

Jay added, “And same with my sister, she told me that she was proud of me, and respects me by calling me handsome and calling me her little brother now, and I love her for that, so you know it was great for me.”

R. Kelly, it’s truly wonderful that Jay is surrounded by such loving and understanding people — but what have YOU done to show your support? According to the UK’s Daily Mail, Jay has not spoken to you about his sexuality, nor have you reached out since he made his transgender revelation.

Jay explained on Ask.fm that he and his sister are not close to you, adding, “I absolutely love my mother… and yea my dad has not reached out.”

R. Kelly, you divorced Jay’s mother, in 2009 after almost 13 years of marriage, but you will be Jay’s parent for life. Whatever has happened between you two in the past, now is the time to resolve it. Jay needs the love and support of his father, as well as his mother and siblings, during this important time.

R. Kelly — You Need To Support Jay As He Transitions From Female To Male

R. Kelly — it’s not easy being transgender. Did you know that only .03 percent of the U.S. population is transgender? Or that, in the first four months of 2014 alone, 102 acts of violence against transgender people have been reported, according to the Transgender Violence Tracking Portal?

Jay is so brave for coming out to the public, but his journey has only just begun, and he will need you to help him through it.

Jay has revealed that he wears a binder around his breasts, and that he wants to undergo hormonal treatment to fully become a man once he turns 16 years old. Are you going to comfort and reassure him throughout this difficult and emotional transformation?

As his father, you need to show him that you will be there, every step of the way.

Do you agree, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

– Tierney McAfee

More R. Kelly News:

1. Lady Gaga Performs ‘Do What U Want’ With R. Kelly At 2013 AMAs
  2. Lady Gaga: Celebs Tweet About Her Sex Simulation With R. Kelly On ‘SNL’
  3. Justin Bieber Releases ‘Put You Down’ Featuring R. Kelly — Listen

Blackshire

Posted at 7:54 PM on June 13, 2014

Does Jay need R Kelly to support him? Probably not, he’s already far wiser than most grown men will ever be by acknowledging who he is and what path his future holds. Does he deserve the love and support of a caring family including the guidance of a strong father figure? Yes, just as every other child in the world does.

Luckily, Jay does have a loving family with or without R Kelly. After all, you don’t need your biological father to teach you what it means to be a man.

erick

Posted at 4:49 PM on June 12, 2014

trapped in the closest lol made her changeee

Mike

Posted at 1:44 PM on June 12, 2014

She was born a Girl, and I will always consider her a Girl. I dont get society trying to be things that they truly are not. Be proud ot be a girl and live a life like a girl.

Blackshire

Posted at 7:59 PM on June 13, 2014

What you consider him to be is irrelevant to what he is. He’s not trying to be anything he isn’t. Given that his mother has been the one raising him I’ll bet he has enough strong female role models in his life to understand that women are proud and powerful just like their can be weak and pathetic men. He’s simply living true to who he is and will have a journey that involves a lot of maturity on his part and so much more negativity from others who are not nearly as secure in their own identities.

Joan

Posted at 10:58 AM on June 26, 2014

I have to ask you Mike, if you had a daughter and whether or not she was a more girly girl or a tomboy,come puberty things don’t happen and she has to go to the Dr. and just suppose the Dr. finds out through exam and tests that she has XY(male) chromosomes, essentially looks like a girl below the waist, whether or not she identifies as female or male what would you accept her as?

I don’t know this child’s situation but I do know that what I see in the photos of him is one happy young man who is very comfortable in HIS own skin. I would say to him.. you go dude!!!! And to HIS mom, you are doing it right. I guess I can only feel sorry for his dad, after all, it is his loss if he can’t accept his child.

salehlupapuro

Posted at 1:20 PM on June 12, 2014

never supporting this…just thinking when your mom were transgender where you have been this moment ? your she and you should be as you had been from your mom

salehlupapuro

Posted at 1:09 PM on June 12, 2014

i couldn’t supported what you like. even you mom when were transgender never you had been on the atmosphere. i hating this foolish……..@jaya kelly

TeamRKelly

Posted at 11:53 AM on June 12, 2014

To the writer of this blog,I need for to have several seats and get a life.You don’t know R.Kelly personally so you have no clue on what’s going on.I believe that R.Kelly is supportive of his son and I believe he has reached out since then. You get your information based off the media and that’s not cool at all.R.Kelly loves his kids and that’s that.Stop writing stories you know nothing about.

Abetterplace

Posted at 10:38 AM on June 12, 2014

His pops cares only for little girls. Proven over and over again.

elworthybzxb

Posted at 10:27 PM on June 11, 2014

Wowo… My friend Lucy has just married to a handsome black man met through ~~ ♥ M i x e d L u v.Çom ♥ ~~Here is most successful Interracial online dating site for black and white singles share their life and love with friends online. It is a nice dạting service for mixed race singles to find their romantic soul mate.. You can meet (lawyers,busy professionals, CEO,benefactors. models, celebrities, etc….). If you are single , Try a try.
rqwrqwrqwr