From Kristen Bell hosting solo, to John Legend’s performance, the 2014 CMT Music Awards were definitely memorable — and we have a run down of all the big moments you missed.
Kristen Bell kicked off the show saying it would be a “ladies night,” and of course — we loved that! However, we of course adore seeing those guys in their super tight jeans. There were a ton of great moments at Nashville’s Bridgestone Arena. Click through our gallery to see every one!
CMT Awards Show: Best Moments
1. Kristen sang about “moose knuckle” and it was absolutely hilarious when she opened the show, and while Blake Shelton didn’t look thrilled, I totally was. Plus, I love that she brought out her husband Dax Shephard and called him the cutest man in the room and they made sex jokes — love it!
2. Luke Bryan. I mean, he doesn’t really have to do anything to make our list — you saw him perform! However, in the beginning of the show, Kristen made a joke about him falling off the stage (poor guy!), and just to be safe, he was sitting in the audience wrapped in Caution Tape. So harsh on him, but of course he took it like a champ — a sexy champ, at that.
3. Blake presented the award for Breakthrough Artist of the Year award to Cassadee Pope — in case you didn’t know, she won the third seadon of The Voice and Blake was her mentor! It was so cute to see her run up and hug him after her big win. He even tweeted right after, saying “Congrats @CassadeePope on your CMT award!!!! So proud.. I love you sis!!!!!” and when he won Male Video of the Year for “Doin’ What She Likes,” he said he was just so proud of Cassadee. How cute!
4. For the first time ever, John Legend took the stage at the CMT Awards with Jennifer Nettles and Hunter Hayes for a country version of “All of Me,” and I’ve got to say — it sounded better than any others of the night. The song was different than we’ve ever heard
5. Naturally, the closing performance of the night, Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood singing “Something Bad” was the hottest moment of the night and made us just want to be them. They never have looked better and sounded absolutely breathtaking! I don’t know how they could sing with all that wind blowing, bt they totally pulled it off.
HollywoodLifers — what was your favorite moment of the night? Let us know!
— Emily Longeretta