The longstanding rivalry between Bray Wyatt and John Cena continues! John beat Bray at WWE Payback, coming out on top at the Last Man Standing match. Read on for the details of their showdown!
Bray Wyatt Falls To John Cena At WWE Payback 2014
The rivalry thickens!
At the June 1 Last Man Standing match at WWE Payback, Bray Wyatt fell to John Cena, his longtime opponent.
Bray beat out John at WWE’s Extreme Rules, earlier this year, but the Cenation leader defeated him during the intense battle — talk about payback!
Although Bray struck early on and was in control of John at the offset of the match, John turned it around and took him down. The two even dueled into the crowd of opposing chants, but in the end, John fought and sent Bray crashing down, and he couldn’t get up, as the referee counted to 10. The big win goes to John Cena!
WWE Payback 2014: Full Results
El Torito defeated Hornswoggle. This was a mask vs. hair match on the PPV pre-show.
United States Championship Match: Sheamus (c) defeated Cesaro.
Rybaxel defeated Cody Rhodes and Goldust.
Rusev defeated Big E.
- Kofi Kingston vs. Bo Dallas was announced, but never (really) happened. Kane showed up and beat up Kingston, tombstone piledriving him.
Intercontinental Championship Match: Bad News Barrett (c) defeated Rob Van Dam.
Last Man Standing Match: John Cena defeated Bray Wyatt.
- Stephanie McMahon brought out Daniel Bryan and Brie Bella in the hopes that she’d get Bryan’s title belts and fire Brie. Instead, Brie called her a bitch, quit, and slapped her in the face. Brie and Bryan chanted yes while Stephanie ran away.
Divas Championship Match: Paige (c) defeated Alicia Fox.
No Holds Barred Six-Man Elimination Tag Team Match: The Shield defeated Evolution. Seth Rollins pinned Batista after a spear from Roman Reigns. Dean Ambrose pinned Randy Orton following a headlock driver onto a steel chair. Roman Reigns hit a spear on Triple H to win the match.
John Cena Is Dating WWE Diva Nikki Bella
Nikki, and her sister Brie – the ladies are known as The Bella Twins in the WWE world — recently spoke to HollywoodLife.com, beaming about John, but she did admit that there’s no wedding in the works…yet.
“In my dreams there is,”Nikki joked about a wedding. “But hopefully in reality.”
HollywoodLifers, are you happy that John Cena beat out Bray Wyatt at Payback or was it a big upset? Let us know — Team Wyatt or Team Cena?
– Elizabeth Wagmeister
More WWE News:
- WWE Extreme Rules: Hardcore Match-ups Take Over 2014 Showdowns
- Hugh Jackman Wrestles Magneto During WWE Raw Event – Watch
- WrestleMania: Daniel Bryan Wins World Heavyweight Championship