Ariana Grande Lashes Out At Marilyn Monroe-Hating Fans In Twitter Rant

Mon, June 2, 2014 3:37pm EDT by 20 Comments
Ariana Grande Twitter Rant
Courtesy of Instagram, Courtesy Photo

Kat

Posted at 8:43 AM on September 10, 2014

It’s great how she had the guts to stick up for her role model, most Celebrities don’t do that. Although I agree that she could of dealt with the situation much more better then how she did deal with it. Calling people A-holes isn’t necessarily the greatest way to get your point across. Everything that she said was great, up until she said “I truly do feel sorry for you because when you’ve been dead for 50 some odd years… Nobody will be wishing you a happy birthday” she just made herself look like a complete jerk. Thats what a ten year old kid would say at a birthday party just because they didn’t get a piece of cake… Or because they wanted the last red lollipop but another kid already took it.

JoJo

Posted at 6:23 AM on September 9, 2014

In a way I can understand why Ariana Grande was upset, after all, she does adore Monroe, but to go as far as calling her fans “A**holes” was a step too low, even for her. People have different perspectives of things, and she has to understand that. Some people like shopping, some people don’t. Some people love playing sports, others not so much. We all like different things, and it’s hard to believe that such a “Sweet, nice, funny” girl who use to be one of my favourite Nickelodeon actors would even say something like that. I’m sorry to say, Grande, but you have lost me as a fan, you could have dealt with the situation more maturer and less harsher than you did.

;)

Posted at 9:27 PM on August 30, 2014

I agree that Marilyn Monroe was a horrible role model. She used her looks for attention and it was all she was really famous for. It was stupid of her to say that no one’s going to be wishing the “haters” a happy birthday just because they aren’t famous. Then again, I might be biased because I’m not a fan of Ariana Grande and her image.

Marilyn Monroe

Posted at 3:45 AM on August 8, 2014

Good for her for sticking up for what she loves, those aren’t very good fans if that happened. Just like Paul Walker was a beautiful and amazing Actor just like Whitney Houston and they are going to get mad about this? lol

JoJo

Posted at 7:29 AM on September 9, 2014

I hope you realised that this made completely no sense at all. How is Paul Walker and Whitney Housten even related to this topic?

I'm an Arianator

Posted at 12:57 AM on July 21, 2014

I’m a little shocked……. I thought Ariana was a really sweet , lovely, kind person….
I dont to twitter so this is news to me! But i guess she does have feelings like us and since i love her so much, I dont feel any hate for her! I know that she just got angry! thats it. I want to know whats up with her google+ account!

Lucky Guy

Posted at 10:33 PM on July 17, 2014

The only people I hate are Marilyn and Ariana. Ariana is worthless and ugly midget who has got no talent. I know the secret about your mental illness, so you better shut up, Ariana. Your stupid fans have no idea what you are turning into.

Marilyn Monroe

Posted at 3:48 AM on August 8, 2014

LOL not so lucky anymore are ya lol Her mental il…..if i was around people like you all the time, i would more than likely have a mental illness.

Lucky Guy

Posted at 2:52 AM on August 10, 2014

What makes you think you know me well enough to say that? You don’t even know my name. LOL.

Member of The Loves

Posted at 4:39 PM on July 9, 2014

she’s changing too much in a bad way :/

S.J

Posted at 6:43 AM on July 10, 2014

I soooooooooo agree

Kay

Posted at 7:17 PM on August 22, 2014

We all knew that was going to happen one day, fame’s killing her.

Tina

Posted at 6:14 AM on June 12, 2014

I am with Ariana. Marilyn was completely misunderstood. She was actually highly intelligent. Search her IQ. Marilyn was extremely deep and capable of great inner feeling. Much more so than most. Marilyn had a very rich and deep inner world. If you research her, you can read her poetry and other bits and pieces she wrote. As for being called a home wrecker. Marilyn had an extremely sad upbringing. Extremely extremely sad. She was a very caring and thoughtful person. She was incredibly beautiful to children and animals. No one who truely knew her had a bad word to say about her. Marilyn trusted and was easily manipulated. She seeked loved wherever she could.

Marilyn Monroe.

Posted at 3:51 AM on August 8, 2014

Don’t tell those who don’t care about her that LOL it’s bad enough i said something….at all. Beautiful comment your’e a true fan

Katelyn

Posted at 9:30 PM on June 4, 2014

Ariana made herself just look bad. They’re comments on social media, it’s not that serious. She’s a big girl posting stuff about “haters” on her twitter. Besides, not that many people are gonna be playing “problem” 50 years from now either. She should’ve known already that, by showing her reaction it makes things worse.

Deidre Patrick

Posted at 7:56 PM on June 7, 2014

That’s besides the point, ppl say rude things all the times and once she puts somebody in their place, its a problem?<<(haha)…I'm proud that she stood up so I dnt think she made herself look bad…oh and its not that serious? Well the ppl who say rude things constantly are the ones who are making it a big deal about her simple bday post to Marilyn, therefore she wouldn't of had to say that in the first place.

me

Posted at 12:44 PM on June 3, 2014

Funny thing is all these celebs are always trying to be the next Marilyn Monroe.All these years later and they can’t seem to find anyone else to copy.Marilyn Monroe is a Goddess even if they do or they don’t like her.Marilyn Monroe was a very sad lady used for her looks in that time and never finding true love made her that way.Ariana Grande has balls to not cave in to people and their ganging up on her for posting a simple birthday wish ,most celebs cave in start apologizing and changing what they said.Good for Ariana for standing up for Marilyn Monroe.

dunjav2013

Posted at 10:45 AM on June 3, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Rose

Posted at 9:47 PM on June 2, 2014

GO ARI!!!

amanda

Posted at 8:39 PM on June 2, 2014

Yes go ariana she had every right to defend her