Jena Irene Deserved To Be The Next ‘American Idol’ Over Caleb Johnson

Thu, May 22, 2014 9:41am EDT by 53 Comments
Jena Irene Should Have Won 'American Idol'
Courtesy of FOX

Elisabeta Roja

Posted at 6:39 AM on August 8, 2014

YES, of course … that is why they had to intentionally GLITCH her emmy/grammy winning Elvis performance … she was just too da– good and he is not an original nor an artist, he is a singer who is like many many other singers …. Jena is totally original and in the pocket of the pop trends right now … total fix

H. Fairbanks

Posted at 12:31 PM on June 20, 2014

Simon Fuller won the comp for Caleb. As long as Caleb could hit the note, what song chosen for Jena could compare?

deb nerad

Posted at 12:14 AM on June 16, 2014

;ena is better than Calyb and she’s so young.

R Anderson

Posted at 7:04 PM on June 13, 2014

Totally agree with everything you said. Jena is so obviously more talented and versatile. And, did anyone else notice that J Lo looked really mad about it. It was clear how she felt.

anthony11

Posted at 7:36 PM on June 7, 2014

Jena should have won hands down… still cant figure out how her songs on itunes rank higher than calebs and she still some how lost… hope somebody picks her up and gives her a record deal… very talented and versatile voice as you mentioned above still very disappointed she lost… my wife cant get enough of her she plays “cant help but falling in love” over and over again hahaha

reece tackett III

Posted at 12:17 AM on June 7, 2014

OMG I soooo agree with you that Jena should have won. I dont think they counted all of her votes. She is everything an American Idol is. Everything. Just looking at him you think who wants to be like him. I think the judges should vote who should be the Winner do to this disaster. I’m still furious when I think about it. Thanks for your time.

Charles R. Bell

Posted at 4:04 PM on May 28, 2014

I loved watching both Jena and Caleb on AI this season. The two best performers I’ve seen during the years I’ve watched AI. But what I don’t understand is that the American viewers have a hard time remembering each week’s performances and who was the best performer, talent, voice etc. PLEASE if you can remember or have downloaded the performances of Jena and Caleb during the weeks of 3/12 through 5/20 staring with Jena’s versions of Decode by Paramont, Bring me to Life, Creep, Baracuda, My Body etc you should have seen a star in the making. Don’t get me wrong, I think Caleb will have a great career as a lead singer in a rock band but Jena will be the recording star. Just like Quincy Jones told her that she will be a star. I wish the best to both of them.

Steve Potvin

Posted at 11:53 AM on May 28, 2014

Jena by far,That’s a no brainer!!

peepeehead

Posted at 4:20 AM on May 26, 2014

This is the first American Idol show that either of the two finalists winning was okay by me.

D Paige

Posted at 11:57 PM on May 25, 2014

I was GLAD she didn’t win, that the real stamp of approval in this case. AI winners seem to drop out of site. Places 2-5 is the sweet spot. Clay Aiken, Jennifer Hudson, Daughtry (sp?),, eg

tutor

Posted at 11:15 PM on May 25, 2014

I agree with you. Caleb’s a great rock singer, but Jena is a multi-talented artist (lyricist, pianist, singer). And such a quick learner about the business. Look at how quickly she evolved on the show. I think she has the potential for longevity in the business. I’m afraid Caleb’s success will be short-lived.

Catherine Banks

Posted at 5:05 PM on May 26, 2014

I looked forward to watching Jena’s performances each week. I hope that she is picked up by one of the very best producers. I am very interested to see what she continues to write and perform. I wish Caleb the best. I agree with you of Jena’s potential. I can’t help but feel that those who voted for Caleb wanted to here more rock and roll. Many of them were oblivious of Jena’s talents.

werdna9

Posted at 1:35 PM on May 25, 2014

What a wanker! Caleb clearly steals the show. Everytime. Lets compare again when they release there second albums