Caleb Johnson Can’t Believe He Won ‘American Idol’

Thu, May 22, 2014 2:18pm EDT by 14 Comments
American Idol Caleb Johnson
Kevin Winter/Entertainment/Getty Images

susan

Posted at 7:01 PM on May 26, 2014

Caleb I so wish you the best, you are a wonderful Singer as well as a great entertainer ,I saw your free spirit and loving emotions for music as you perform each song, good luck to you and last but not. least you are a very handsome man, you hold your head high and rock on ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :) you are the greatest

Jeff Teach

Posted at 10:50 AM on May 23, 2014

Caleb deserved the win bc he generated the most consistent excitement. I hope he can inspire more musicians to bring back some of the best of the old rock songwriting styles.

I love Jena and look forward to hearing a lot more of her, too.

SimplyNancy

Posted at 8:36 AM on May 23, 2014

Caleb is a great singer and performer and deserved to win and he did! Love that he won! Go Caleb, congratulations!

Justine

Posted at 7:39 AM on May 23, 2014

Caleb all the way – by far the best ever Idol winner!

Kbomb

Posted at 11:46 PM on May 22, 2014

I’m so happy for him. He has an amazing voice And auditioned 2 other seasons. He was my favourite right through. Jena is good but there’s already a katy perry. Don’t think for a second she isn’t getting a record deal too folks

jumped the shark

Posted at 6:53 PM on May 22, 2014

I have to agree with the majority of people, Idol had to fixing the vote. Caleb is a wannabe rocker wannabe not the real deal. He’s terribl

Lorna Moulton

Posted at 4:17 PM on May 24, 2014

as usual when your favorite doesn’t win, people always say the vote is fixed, so if Jena won then you would be okay with the vote, ridiculous, Caleb won because he has a lot of fans that voted for him. There have been some in the past that I thought should have won but didn’t but I never said the vote was fixed, it was because they just didn’t get enough votes. Caleb is fantastic and deserved to win, even Jena said that!

tom rowan

Posted at 5:01 PM on May 22, 2014

As usual the voting was rigged—as Jena should have won! She was 100% better than that eyesore!

Alaire

Posted at 4:51 PM on May 22, 2014

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income… You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up… You can have your first check by the end of this week­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­…… more information open this link——————>>>> x.co/4glMD

avg age

Posted at 3:16 PM on May 22, 2014

Average age of AI viewers this season was 61.

Carolyn

Posted at 5:22 AM on May 23, 2014

I AM 61, BUT I sure didn’t vote for Caleb!!!! I voted for Jena!! I saw enough of the screaming, long-hair shaking, mike dragging & slamming in the 80’s! Didn’t like it then and don’t like it now! Jean wil have a GREAT career even though she didn’t win!! Just look at Daughtry as an example!!!

Lorna Moulton

Posted at 4:18 PM on May 24, 2014

well I am 59 and I loved Caleb!

he sux

Posted at 3:12 PM on May 22, 2014

He has no lower or middle range. The producer is going to have to manipulate his voice to get a complete song.

Lorna Moulton

Posted at 4:19 PM on May 24, 2014

he sure does, didn’t you hear him sing Skyfall and Maybe I’m Amazed, he was absolutely fantastic on those songs.