Autism & Vaccinations: Major New Study Proves There’s No Link

Mon, May 19, 2014 3:04pm EDT by 11 Comments
Vaccinations Do Not Cause Autism
ThinkStockPhotos

A professor at the University of Sydney has released a brand new study that will hopefully put an end to the debate that necessary childhood vaccinations cause autism. Finally!

In 2007, Jenny McCarthy raised eyebrows and sparked controversy when she publicly declared that her son Evan‘s autism was caused by his childhood immunization shots. A dangerously large amount of parents and celebrities followed her footsteps, deciding not to vaccinate their children “just in case.” Now, a new study conducted with over one million different children from all over the world has proven that there is no connection between vaccination shots and and childhood autism. Take that, Jenny!

New Study: Autism Is Not Caused By Vaccinations

A new study released by Associate Professor Guy Eslick from the Sydney Medical School at the University of Sydney has proven that there is no connection between immunization shots and autism.

The professor watched numerous different documentaries about the controversial subject, and found that no one had ever combined all of the different studies to see the results.

What Guy found after combining over 1.25 million case studies was astonishing — not a single connection could be found between necessary childhood immunizations and autism.

“The data consistently shows the lack of evidence for an association between autism, autism spectrum disorders and childhood vaccinations … providing no reason to avoid immunization on these grounds,” the professor told the New York Post.

The data Professor Eslick speaks of consisted of information collected by seven different major studies conducted all over the world.

Professor Eslick admits that even he was surprised to find the lack of connection after seeing so much anti-vaccine propaganda.

“I want my research to elucidate the truth and find out what’s real. When I saw the data, I would have to say I was a bit surprised but happy overall.”

Prof. Eslick Concerned About Measles Outbreak

Of course, because of celebrities like Jenny McCarthy, Kristin Cavallari, and Jim Carrey, thousands of parents have been influenced not to provide their babies and children with necessary immunization shots.

After the rise of anti-vaccine activists, there have been 11 measles outbreaks in the United States since 2000. Professor Eslick also confirmed that Australia has seen a spike of measles infections starting in 2012.

Sadly, Professor Eslick does not believe this study will change the minds of those who firmly believe in anti-vaccinations. He believes they are already dead-set in their beliefs, despite any scientific report claiming otherwise.

“[This study)]will be cold comfort for them and I don’t think it will change their minds. You will probably never be able to change their minds,” he said. How sad.

You can read Professor Eslick’s full report at ScienceDirect.com.

– Lauren Cox

More Related News:

1. Mono Mono Twins: Hospital Delivers Second Set Of Extremely Rare Babies
  2. Tara The Hero Cat & Family To Throw Out First Pitch At Baseball Game
  3. Boy Saved By Cat: Tara Was a Stray Who Followed The Family Home

hoskeebo Foley

Posted at 1:07 PM on May 26, 2014

So when there is an anti-autism vaccine, will she be against that, too?

Samuel Brooks

Posted at 10:17 PM on May 20, 2014

Good article. Parents looking for autism answers try http://www.WhyAutismHappens.com

ang

Posted at 11:53 AM on May 20, 2014

So how come studies in India and China proved it has

Michael P. Shipley

Posted at 3:21 AM on May 20, 2014

The vaccine autism controversy is a red herring. There have been verified adverse reactions to vaccines. Some reactions are far worse than the disease the vaccines say it prevents!

GOOGLE: “Gardasil Vaccine Reaction”

GOOGLE: “Over $2 billion has been awarded by the federal government to children and adults injured by vaccines.”

The US govts is FORCING every child to get multiple vaccine shots against their will despite the verified possibility of severe adverse reactions. This is wrong. I dont care what you think, you never force anyone to get a shot.

The US govt has gone insane with power and it has to stop. Its excuse is that they are “doing whats good for you.” BS. I can show you many examples of the horrors they have inflicted on people “for their own good.” Wars, economic collapses, millions incarcerated in cages, SWAT raiding ranchers with para military goon squads to “protect the tortoise”. Yeah right.

I DONT TRUST GOVT AND NEITHER SHOULD YOU.

GOOGLE: “The Witch Hunt of Jenny McCarthy for Talking About Vaccines”

GOOGLE: “How Vaccine Policy & Law Threatens Parental Rights in America”

Laurie

Posted at 12:39 AM on May 20, 2014

Good…maybe this will shut up those WHACKOS who think vaccines cause autism and other imagined diseases. All it does is put others at risk – they should be mandatory!!

Robert

Posted at 10:30 PM on May 19, 2014

Every time they want to make the push for legislation to make vaccinations mandatory, they come out with this news story. it’s like clockwork and it’s starting to get old. FORCING medical procedures on people is just wrong, it’s not even about if it’s good or not.

My 2 children don’t eat gmo, drink fluoride or have shots. both are A students with out even trying and they are healthy with no teeth work required. They put me to shame when i was their age and i wish my parents done the same for me.

Heard immunity: So my child who’s healthy enough to fight off the disease should take the risks of the shot as well because your child even when vaccinated still isn’t safe? Do you people listen to yourselves?

Each way it boils down to this, It is my right as a parent to decide.

just saying so chillout

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 19, 2014

The children who are not vaccinated are a threat to other vaccinated children Polio is making a return and so are other deadly childhood disease that can be prevented if everyone gets vaccinated.The biggest Threat is the misinformed people spewing incorrect information. Don’t believe a celebrity but believe in the Doctors who study and have the intelligence to make intelligent, informed opinions and not the opinion of a so call celebrity.

Jasmine W.

Posted at 6:04 PM on May 19, 2014

Isn’t vaccination supposed to protect those children so why are you scared that non vaccination children will but others at risk?

alicia

Posted at 9:29 PM on May 19, 2014

Because vaccinations work on heard immunity, as not every vaccination will be 100% effective, this means that if a child who is not vaccinated is a carrier of a disease, and a child who did get vaccinated (but was unknowingly not 100% effective) then they are at risk of catching the disease. Also there are people who cannot receive vaccinations due to autoimmune disease and others, they are the ones who are also at risk!
At the end of the day, Wakefield, the doctor who originally purposed autism was caused by vaccines, was proven to have altered all his results and the study was completely discredited but every study since. He is also no longer allowed to be a doctor according the the UK medical board.

Bad Kitty is back

Posted at 12:36 AM on May 20, 2014

Ok, I didn’t vaccinate mine in the beginning. Then when I had to, I really didn’t want to, because you really do not know what is in the vaccine itself.
Here’s the thing: I was vaccinated,when i was little. I was also diagnosed with Asperger’s syndrome when I was 6,back in 1974.
I personally do not believe that vaccines cause autism. However, I also feel it is up to the parent if they want their child vaccinated.
I had signed a religious exemption paper,so i did not have to vaccinate my 3 kids.
I also had been homeschooling my kids,too,so that played a part in the vaccination debate.
In the end, when I did send my kids to public school, after 3 years,I did vaccinate them, not because I felt pressured to do so, but because certain diseases was making a comeback. I also got to choose the vaccines I wanted my kids to have.

joejoev

Posted at 5:43 PM on May 20, 2014

I will believe any celebrity over your drug company doctors, and that’s a sad thing to say.