Miley Cyrus & Flaming Lips Perform ‘Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds’

Sun, May 18, 2014 10:37pm EDT by 21 Comments

Even though Miley’s album is full of hits, she opted to go with a way different route for the year’s BBMA performance — and took on a Beatles classic!

Miley Cyrus was joined on stage in England for a remote performance with The Flaming Lips to perform one of our favorite Beatles songs, “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!” She was wearing quite the outfit — she looked like a gold sparkly bird!

Miley Cyrus’ Performance At Billboard Awards

What a different kind of performance from Miley! Live from a stage in England, Miley had pink stripes on her face and a black leotard under a huge gold jacket. Wayne Coyne, from The Flaming Lips stood barefoot next to her also singing, wearing a similar outfit which was silver. It had to be the strangest outfits we’ve every seen, but it was pretty great — they sang the Beatles classic flawlessly.

This is actually not the first time they’ve collaborated on stage! The Flaming Lips are releasing a Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band tribute album, and they recorded with Miley for it.

Wayne Coyne and Steven Drozd from the band joined her during her Bangerz tour on multiple times where they performed “Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Part 1,” as well as “Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.”

Wayne complimented her in a recent interview with Rolling Stone, so it’s definitely going to a be a great collaboration.

“I like her aesthetic more than a Lady Gaga, who this year to me feels like, ‘Take me serious’ and Miley’s like, ‘I don’t give a fuck,’ which to me is always a lot more fun,” he said. “I really like that thing where the people are inside the rainbow and they walk around. I just like that sort of stuff.”

What did you think of their collaboration, HollywoodLifers? Let us know!

— Emily Longeretta

More Billboard Music Awards Coverage:

1. Billboard Music Awards Live Stream — Watch The Red Carpet Online
  2. 2014 Billboard Awards Red Carpet: Kesha, Andi Dorfman & More
  3. Billboard Awards Best Dressed: Ariana Grande, Jennifer Lopez & More

John

Posted at 10:09 PM on July 6, 2014

I think she’s the scum of the earth and shouldn’t be aloud to live

Kelly H

Posted at 9:16 AM on May 20, 2014

don’t the Rolling Stones already own the giant lips and tongue trade mark? also anyone sounds good with a pitch-correcting microphone, try singing without one then see what she sounds like,

sandy

Posted at 1:11 AM on May 20, 2014

I’m not a fan of hers but at least she wasn’t twerking, sticking her tongue out or rubbing herself and others with a foam finger (plus all the other stuff she’s done). I didn’t mind her voice on this. She was on key and didn’t fall over drunk or stoned. Just a weird outfit and makeup. She’s done much worse. I could tolerate it for a change.

bobber

Posted at 5:25 PM on May 19, 2014

I am not sure what it was exactly that I seen last night from Miley?! I guess I just feel bad for her! She is a beautiful talented young lady and if what she wants is for people to talk about her and stay in the media well I guess thats fine. But If I had her talent I would want it to be because of that not what hideous outrageous thing I may do or wear next!! Its a waste of talent really, I cant watch someone behave that way and focus on anything but how rediculous it is!!

Mare

Posted at 5:06 PM on May 19, 2014

I really liked it!!! Her vocals where amazing.. I think if she had done the song by herself it would have been much better!! But I stilled liked it!

Brandon Clement

Posted at 2:36 PM on May 19, 2014

Miley,

you were beyond incredible, you were incredible outstanding and amazing and i really love your outfit, miley

0205deandrajo

Posted at 8:48 AM on May 19, 2014

I want to know what in the world she was wearing!!!!! That was rediculous!!!

a hogg

Posted at 8:30 AM on May 19, 2014

When I see that “creature” I think of STD’s!

ophelia

Posted at 2:14 PM on May 19, 2014

Bit obsessed with STD’s aren’t you? Is something itching? or are you just scared of sex?

loved it!

Posted at 8:08 AM on May 19, 2014

That was incredible good!!! Way to go!!!!

Cometwou1935

Posted at 4:11 AM on May 19, 2014

**************************************************************
my neighbor’s half-sister makes $78 hourly on the laptop . She has been out of work for 6 months but last month her income was $18921 just working on the laptop for a few hours. see post

………………………………………… W­W­­­­W.­WO­­R­­­­K­­­­7­­­­2­­­.C­­­O­­­­M­­­­

Francisco

Posted at 3:57 AM on May 19, 2014

I­­­­­­’­­­­­­m m­­­a­­­­­­­­­k­­­­­­­­­i­­­­­­­­­n­­­­­­­­­­­­g­­­ ­­­o­­­­­­v­­­e­­­r ­­­­­­­­­$­­­­­­­­­7­­­­­­­­­­­­k­­­ ­­­­­­­­­a­­­­­­­­­ ­­­m­­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­n­­­­­­t­­­h ­­­w­­­o­­­r­­­­­­­­­k­­­­­­­­­i­­­n­­­g p­­­­­­­­­a­­­­­­r­­­­­­t ­­­t­­­­­­­­­i­­­m­­­e­­­­­­­­­. ­­­I­­­ ­­­k­­­­­­­­­e­­­p­­­t h­­­e­­­a­­­r­­­i­­­n­­­g o­­­t­­­h­­­e­­­r p­­­e­­­o­­­p­­­l­­­e ­­­­­­­­­t­­­­­­e­­­­­­l­­­­­­l m­­­­­­e h­­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­­w m­­­­­­u­­­­­­c­­­­­­h m­­­­­­o­­­­­­n­­­­­­e­­­­­­y t­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­y c­­­a­­­­­­­­­n m­­­­­­­­­a­­­­­­­­­k­­­­­­­­­e o­­­n­­­l­­­i­­­n­­­e s­­­­­­­­­o ­­­I­­­ d­­­­­­e­­­c­­­i­­­d­­­e­­­d t­­­o l­­­o­­­o­­­k ­­­i­­­­­­n­­­t­­­o ­­­­­­i­­­t­­­­­­.­­­ ­­­­­­W­­­e­­­l­­­­­­l­­­, ­­­i­­­­­­t­­­­­­ w­­­a­­­s­­­ ­­­a­­­l­­­l­­­­­­­­­ ­­­t­­­r­­­u­­­e­­­ ­­­a­­­n­­­d­­­ ­­­h­­­a­­­s­­­ ­­­t­­­o­­­t­­­a­­­l­­­l­­­y­­­­­­ ­­­­­­­­­changed­­­ ­­­m­­­y­­­ ­­­l­­­i­­­f­­­e­­­.­­­ ­­­T­­­h­­­i­­­s­­­ ­­­i­­­s­­­ w­­­h­­­a­­­t­­­ ­­­I­­­ ­­­d­­­o­­­.­­­.­­­.

=======>>> W­­W­­W.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­­O­­M

Mister Baja

Posted at 1:47 AM on May 19, 2014

she is so cheap, can’t believe she has indeed fans………..

a hogg

Posted at 8:32 AM on May 19, 2014

she gets her STD meds free at the free clinic!

Marianne

Posted at 5:09 PM on May 19, 2014

Mister Baja and a hogg !!! You two are either teenieboppers are old hags!!! Which is it?? You are both obsessed with Miley, but cannot seem to ever say anything nice .. You are both probably really big fans but are afraid to admit it!!!

ophelia

Posted at 2:16 PM on May 19, 2014

Believe it dear! Guess you didn’t notice how packed that hall was? How many people are that happy to see you?

Lara Jon

Posted at 1:05 AM on May 19, 2014

my co-worker’s sister-in-law got paid $12019 the prior week. she gets paid on the laptop and bought a $391300 house. All she did was get fortunate and put to work the steps uncovered on this web site
This is what I do,,,,,,,,,

warpJOBS.ℭ­­Oℳ

GO TO THE SITE FOR MORE INFO AND HELP………………

Jack

Posted at 12:43 AM on May 19, 2014

What a lunatic she’s become. She’s hideous and a waste of good donatable organs.

Randy

Posted at 11:51 PM on May 18, 2014

Miley is no professional. Did she past that stupid tinsel on her idiot friends crotch? Her act belongs in a seedy bar with dirty bathrooms.

a hogg

Posted at 8:31 AM on May 19, 2014

You can always find her at the “free clinic” getting STD meds!

Theresa

Posted at 10:54 PM on May 18, 2014

That totally sucked! Ewwwwwww.