‘The Vampire Diaries’ Fans Livid Over Damon’s Death, Stage Online Protest

Sat, May 17, 2014 11:21am EST by 65 Comments
The Vampire Diaries Fans Protest Damons Death
Courtesy of CW/Twitter

Tiana

Posted at 4:26 AM on September 23, 2014

I, for one, am not watching vampire diaries anymore. The show is crap on crap without Damon.

Lillie

Posted at 12:43 AM on July 10, 2014

I will not watch TVD if Damon isn’t on it and Elena and Alaric….Please. :/ Not even on a good day.

Karen

Posted at 7:03 PM on July 6, 2014

This show is so badly written! Damon is the only thing holding this show from being dropped!! I know he signed up for season 6, but I bet knowing these writers he will be gone for half the season. Cant wait till Ian gets a big Tv role or movie role and the other cast members are forgotten. No Damon- No more of The Vampire Diaries for me

Joyce Anne Ingram (@JoyceAnneIngram)

Posted at 5:38 AM on June 2, 2014

No Damon – No Show. He is the only reason I watch the show. Damon and Elena are the only couple on TV that their love life seems natural with such chemistry. I don’t know why Julie Plec and the other writers want to ruin the show by killing off Damon and not keeping them together. I have a feeling Season 6 will be the last for The Vampire Dairies. Watching Ian Somerholder’s interviews on twitter, I get the feeling that he is tired of playing Damon and wants to do other things which is a shame because he plays Damon so well.

N

Posted at 10:17 PM on May 25, 2014

Julie Plec, u got me! But Damon can’t be dead!!! he got to be return to TVD world!!!!

alana

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 23, 2014

people he coming back i love damon too Ian somerhalder signed for season 6 and julie said he and bonnie coming back chill

Deathmon

Posted at 11:56 AM on May 23, 2014

Damon should stay dead for a while. .what better way is there to arouse fans ? I’m always a Stefan fan ..and He puts the show on a coast drive while Damon accelerates . Delena is like fire – destructive n radiant . stelena like water – peaceful calm and gentle .

#DELANA

Posted at 4:16 PM on June 3, 2014

are u KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elana and Damon are the PERFECT COUPLE like in the history of THE UNIVERSE, people LIKE acceleration AKA Damon partly YOUR words what do U think about that -@Deathmon

Reagan

Posted at 11:49 PM on May 22, 2014

Oh, everybody get over it. It’s hard and very inspiring to kill off a major character. Seriously. Watch Game of Thrones to understand that. I feel like something is in store, whether or not Damon comes back. Maybe we can see his adventures as a ghost too. I read the books, but the show doesn’t follow the books at all, so there’s no absolute answer.

alana

Posted at 3:23 PM on May 23, 2014

he is comin bak he is signed for season 6

yvetter

Posted at 8:47 PM on May 22, 2014

I’m not waiting around for Damon to return towards the middle or end of season 6. The moment I realized he died, I decided that I was done with TVD. It’s poorly written compared to the Originals, They never take time to develop relationships between the characters anymore, they continue to make Damon and Elena break up, get back together, break up, get back together. It’s messy and poorly written. Now I can move on to a new show on Thursday nights. I will not return to watching TVD unless I’m bored and skimming through Hulu. I look forward to the Day Ian quits that show and moves on to bigger and better things.

alana

Posted at 3:24 PM on May 23, 2014

he is comin back around mid season finale and bonnie too and yh she running out of stories but delena is end game i think season 6 should be the last or as she said season 7

Anonymous

Posted at 8:19 AM on May 21, 2014

If the Salvatore brothers are not alive (ok, so undead-alive!) and loving/saving/protecting Elena, the core story line dies. The writers should take a lesson from True Blood – they detoured from core story into stupid story lines – and their fan base continued to drop. If there is no chance that Damon is going to be in the same world as Elena, I may be one of the TVD fans who becomes a former fan – I sure hope not.

Natasha

Posted at 4:52 PM on May 19, 2014

Damon is the heart of the show and is a fan favorite they will bring him back. To me, No Damon= No TVD. He is signed on through season 6 so HE WILL be in it. Such bad writing, I mean seriously.

sandip

Posted at 12:30 PM on May 19, 2014

how could you do that to us..that’s really unfair. He is One iconic character I’ve ever seen, and now his dead. It’s truly unacceptable..We want Damon back in any cost..if you don’t I’ve to goodbye to the vampire diaries….forever.

alana

Posted at 3:25 PM on May 23, 2014

he signed on for 6th season he comin bak

NS

Posted at 9:48 AM on May 19, 2014

And of course no one saw our protes for Stefan Salvatore and the WWTT ”No TVD Without Stefan Salvatore” this is getting so disgusting just stop please

ElenorC

Posted at 12:46 PM on May 19, 2014

bring back Damon has been trending worldwide uninterrupted since the Show, WWT+47, and Petitions since then has been in the tenth of Thousands, every where so yes ,it is much bigger news,.

Val

Posted at 3:46 AM on May 19, 2014

I don’t thing Damon has to come back cause Vampire diaries must start killing off people.It is somehow predictable now that when someone dies he will surely return somehow!!!!!!

alana

Posted at 3:26 PM on May 23, 2014

if he doesnt come bak the show is over bt he is comin bak he signed for 6th season

Kait

Posted at 10:56 PM on May 18, 2014

Kind of sucks that all the fans don’t believe in grammar. Makes their opinions a bit pointless looking.

alana

Posted at 3:27 PM on May 23, 2014

your grammar isn’t any better ‘a bit pointless looking’ is not proper english

Ellen

Posted at 10:32 PM on June 30, 2014

Thank you Alana, there are a lot of fans from different countries, I am one of them, who’s English is not perfect, but we try..

Sandy

Posted at 7:28 PM on May 18, 2014

NOT a good ending. Damon must come back. TVD won’t be the same without him. I have faith Damon will be back.

alana

Posted at 3:28 PM on May 23, 2014

he signed for season 6 he is comin bak around mid season finale with bonnie

#DELANA

Posted at 4:22 PM on June 3, 2014

I hope so because plec and the other writers would be the reason almost EVERYBODY would stop watching