Alex Preston: ‘I’m Honestly Surprised I Made It This Far’ on ‘American Idol’

Fri, May 16, 2014 10:08am EDT by 7 Comments
Alex Preston American Idol Elimination Interview
Courtesy of FOX

cj.

Posted at 3:55 PM on May 23, 2014

I am soon to be 55 this year, I have heard a lot of music in my time. Hearing Alex sing Fairytales for the audition on idol sold me on whatever he sings. His voice and style are one of a kind .I cant wait to buy his first album . One more thing ,his last perfomance of fairytales on idol was the best yet ,and I can’t wait to see him in concert this summer.

BekaP

Posted at 10:33 PM on May 18, 2014

I voted for Alex every week – can’t believe he is not in the finale – I’m not even watching it now! Of course I’m buying his album!!

Lisa

Posted at 5:06 PM on May 18, 2014

I won’t be watching the finale of American idol. very disappointed alex is gone. I will follow his career, which will be amazing. I think he will sell more records than jena and caleb combined.

Linda

Posted at 3:55 PM on May 17, 2014

Alex Preston you are the American Idol….You are so incredible and you are so humble to say you didn’t think you would make it this far. I picked you from the beginning to win!!!! No need to worry You are going to be a hit and I will be the first to buy your music…I hope AI features you on tour and in the finale. You deserve it!!!! You and Jena should have been in the finales and many of America agrees. Good Luck you have an amazing future!!!!

Melissa lewis

Posted at 11:38 PM on May 16, 2014

That would be on my top 5 favorite concerts to see Alex Preston, Jillian Jensen and Alex & Sierra! Please make it happen!!! I think Alex will do better in his career than who ever wins Idol this year’

Linda

Posted at 3:50 PM on May 17, 2014

I so agree

mimi

Posted at 1:29 PM on May 16, 2014

Hard watching American Idol this year. Too corny not classy anymore and way too much Jennifer putting on an act for the camera. The only thing that kept this household watching was Alex Preston, what a talent. Jenna is good when she singing at the piano but still needs time to blossom. Caleb good voice but hard to watch too much screaming. Contestants truly needed to clean their appearance up, looked like a middle school gathering. Alex was the American Idol, the only choice, unfortunately the public thought otherwise. Thinking “The Voice” will be my AI from now on. Classy but fun. Alex you should have gone on there, they know talent!! I’m sure you will have the better career in the long run. Just like Jennifer Hudson!!