Solange Knowles: You Should Have Never Hit Jay Z

Mon, May 12, 2014 5:18pm EDT by 61 Comments
Solange Knowles Fighting
SplashNews

D'Jai

Posted at 7:49 AM on May 14, 2014

I am sorry to hear that Solange Knowles was out of control in the elevator. In my opinion, there should not have been anything that could have been said or done by Jay-Z for her to lose her composure and violently lash out the way she did. She is a grown woman and mother and should carry herself that way….I am glad that Beyonce stayed out of it (which is probably why Solange is childishly removing photos of her sister on her social media)…Hopefully, Solange and Jay-Z (and Beyonce) can work out their issues and become a united front in the near future…I also hope that all of them will sue the establishment that leaked the elevator incident in the first place…(And, I hope that the person who did it gets fired.)…Nowadays, it’s like most people love to get a payday for sensationalized scandalous behavior by showing the world what people do….We are all human beings and we should know that none of us are perfect beings and do not want all of our dirty laundry to be aired in public….I will pray for all of them to have continued success: personally and professionally….God Bless!!

Janey Doe

Posted at 2:01 AM on May 14, 2014

It’s silly for anyone to sit up on their grown @%$ up and come up with all of these different scenarios. The only thing we see is Solange crazy derange a%$ striking her sisters husband. If the police were called Solange would have taken her a%$ to jail. Plain and simple. She had no business with her hands on that man. Period.

GeneSBlanton (@GeneSBlanton)

Posted at 1:11 PM on May 13, 2014

My last pay check was $8500 working 1o hours a week online. My younger brother friend has been averaging 12k for months now and he works about 22 hours a week. I cant believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is wha­ I do…… J­­O­B­S­9­­0­0­­.­C­O­­M­

Lisa

Posted at 12:37 PM on May 13, 2014

I don’t blame her! She should have knocked his cocky a$$ out! He is a cheating PIG!! Would you stand by and let your sisters husband openly flirt with another women?? If so, you are as bad as him!! She is a grown women…I don’t really think she gives two craps about your scolding her!! Who the hell are you?? Good for you Solange for having your sisters back!

Diane

Posted at 12:34 PM on May 13, 2014

Solange wrote on twitter the. Deleted it. He hit her sister so..Solange you did the right thing…

Hollyberry

Posted at 11:19 AM on May 13, 2014

If it wasn’t beyonces little sister he would have probably hit her

lae

Posted at 10:22 AM on May 13, 2014

shut up you don’t even know why she did it so how can you say she was out of line and yes there are justified reasons for whooping your sisters husband like if he but his hands on beyonce

ConnieLPitts (@ConnieLPitts)

Posted at 10:04 AM on May 13, 2014

Denise

Posted at 9:45 AM on May 13, 2014

It is amazing how people’s memories fade. There is a video clip of Jay Z smacking the mess out of a woman and nobody said a word!!! If Solange got this upset at Jay Z you can best believe it has to do with protecting her sister because Beyonce is too scared to protect herself. This article is shallow and not real researched.

Hollyberry

Posted at 11:18 AM on May 13, 2014

Exactly..he has put his hands on a woman before!!!

Dee

Posted at 9:31 AM on May 13, 2014

We don’t know why she did it but from the looks of it it’s serious. Beyonce didn’t jump in because she didn’t want to. Jayz messed up at some point and it must’ve been bad. Maybe cheating or domestic abuse?

Dean

Posted at 8:21 AM on May 13, 2014

I would of paid to of seen it with my own eyes , GO SOLANGE!!!!

Lourdes

Posted at 7:55 AM on May 13, 2014

Solange’s behavior was completely unacceptable and it just sheds light on her true nature and maturity level. No matter what Jay Z may have done (with the exception of harming or molesting a little child, which I don’t think he is capable of doing), solange had no right to do that. I respect him for not fighting back even though she deserved a slap or two. What a violent, pretentious human being!

EB

Posted at 3:30 PM on May 13, 2014

Finally a mature rational comment.

Rhonda

Posted at 4:34 PM on May 13, 2014

Thank you!!!!!!!!! My thoughts exactly. Sick and tired of people saying GO Solange! Since when is it o.k. for Violence to be o.k. If he had hit her upside her head would they be saying Go Jay-Z??

Michelle

Posted at 4:57 AM on May 13, 2014

We are from the outside looking in. He could have disrespected Solange over time, or even disrespected Beyonce. It has to be more than that for her to flip like that. Who knows if there were alcohol involved? We don’t know if she was drunk. Plus, Jay z isn’t the ruler of the world. If he’s out of line, he’ll get it like a normal person would. He seem like he controls Beyonce, & she’s afraid to speak up for herself. I wouldn’t be surprised if he treats her bad.

Ebony Love

Posted at 4:50 AM on May 13, 2014

Bonnie, your attempt at playing un-hired counselor/psychologist is condescending and tacky at best! The sideswipe about Solange having her son at the age of 17….in what way is that at all relevant to the incident in the elevator? I seriously doubt that ANYONE in the Carter family would come to you for any advice, refereeing or worthless opinions on what any of them should do in their own family situations or how any of them should or should not feel indebted to each other. I’m betting you have some family business of your OWN that needs fixing. The energy you mustered up to pen this trashy piece should be spent on sweeping around your OWN front porch. Especially seeing that you weren’t there and don’t know what caused this in the first place. Have several seats Miss Bonnie.

Freeda

Posted at 1:15 AM on May 13, 2014

Jay-Z is a VERY VERY BAD BAD MAN! He is sooo fake and two-faced pig it disgust me! If any man NOT TO MENTION HUSBAND AND FATHER CHEATED ON MY SISTER I will go bonkers! How many times has Jay cheated on Beyoncé? He has a damn baby too now! Will he ever give up his ways? Why does Beyoncé stay with him? She really believes his words? Words spread, and Solange has tons of friends who are willing to spill the beans. Jay is a really bad bad man. I use to like him a lot (still a fan of his music) but I have no respect for unloyal men.

Yar

Posted at 11:40 PM on May 14, 2014

it’s funny people are so convinced without a single fact to back up their accusations. just hear-say and gossip. stop throwing stones and go be useful with you time instead of speculating on someone else’s relationship

Goosh

Posted at 12:46 AM on May 13, 2014

If a woman attacks a man you can be pretty sure who is in the right

the Truth

Posted at 11:06 AM on May 13, 2014

@ Goodh- And you wonder why you are still single.

Seanshine

Posted at 12:40 AM on May 13, 2014

… Oh! I almost forgot to congratulate the biggest BLATANT and most BRAZEN troll of them all Bonnie! you’ve truly outdone yourself here. Good Job! A real Junior Achiever (aka Jack**s)