Miranda Fugate: I Might Lose My Hearing After Getting Hit With Shovel

Thu, May 8, 2014 12:00pm EDT by 13 Comments
Miranda Fugate Shovel Girl Injuries
Courtesy of Vine, Twitter

This sounds (sorry, no pun intended) about right. Two days after the video of Miranda getting pummeled in the head with a shovel went viral on May 5, she gave an interview detailing the altercation — along with the immediate aftermath and her visit to the hospital. Read on to see what the infamous “Shovel Girl” had to say.

After watching Miranda Fugate take a shovel to the back of her head for the twentieth time, most people likely then wondered how badly the 18-year-old was injured. Thankfully Miranda, who is not in a coma, gave an interview on May 7 detailing her hospital visit and injuries — and they’re about as brutal as you’d expect.

Miranda Fugate Reveals Her Shovel-Related Injuries

Miranda, the “star” of a Vine video that went viral on May 5, said she blacked out immediately after her skull hit the pavement, in an interview with Rover’s Morning Glory in Cleveland, Oh.

“My head bounced off the pavement and after that, I was crying for them to take me to the hospital. I was completely blacked out,” Miranda said. “I don’t really remember much. The last thing I remember is my head hitting the cement and then being off in the cornfield. It hurt a lot.”

Considering Miranda’s extensive blackout, it’s no surprise that she was diagnosed with a concussion, but doctors are also worried about her hearing! “I ended up with a concussion and blood behind my eardrum. My ear was bleeding from the inside. I have to go to an ear doctor because I might not be able to hear.”

Well that’s not good!

Shovel Girl’s Health Woes Continue

But at least Miranda had the presence of mind to actually go to the hospital — she almost decided not to. The 18-year-old admitted that she initially just went home after the fight, and it took her eight hours before heading to see a doctor.

“After I got hit in the head I just kind of laughed at myself about it and thought it was funny,” Miranda said. “Then I realized I might have a concussion and probably shouldn’t go to sleep for awhile.” Clearly, though her head was not in the right place because of that whole shovel to the head thing, Miranda made the right call.

But Miranda isn’t quite out of the woods yet in terms of her health: “They called me this morning and said there’s something wrong with the CAT scan and if I throw up today or start feeling weird I need to come back immediately because they didn’t look through it enough the first time and they found something.”

So, um, stay tuned?

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Viral Sensations:

1. ‘Shovel Girl’ Attacker Being Investigated By Police
  2. ‘Shovel Girl’ Dead? — Was Vine Sensation Victim Of Death Hoax?
  3. Luke Bryan & Blake Shelton’s Bored Reaction To Ariana Grande Goes Viral

Kamb

Posted at 1:13 PM on June 19, 2014

The fight I heard she specifically said are you done now? We can be done. And the girl in the black was instructing her where to fight. Both girls are to blame for the fight but the girl in the black was a sorry pathetic excuse of a person using a weapon. Don’t fight someone if you know you can’t take them. Especially over a pathetic boy.

Jo

Posted at 10:49 AM on May 14, 2014

She is 14 not 18.

Zoey

Posted at 3:43 PM on May 13, 2014

I wish people would stop feeling sorry for this ratchet piece of scum. She went to a girls property fight. The girl told her to leave and then hit her. Both are as bad as each other, and god help us if this weed smoking white girl gets any more media coverage!

austin plumlee

Posted at 12:28 PM on May 11, 2014

R u okay and there’s hoax going around u r dead

Babegirl27

Posted at 9:15 PM on May 8, 2014

Don’t feel sorry for her in the least bit that girl told her more than once to leave her property she said she wasn’t gonna go and she got that wig split!! Exactly what she get maybe now her lil skinny behind won’t go to people’s home attacking them when they say leave leave! Dumb a** lil girl it was funny too

Brooklyn

Posted at 8:44 PM on May 8, 2014

That was cruel.

Michelle

Posted at 4:42 PM on May 8, 2014

Hey Andrew, would you mind explaining how an Ohio teenager getting hit with a shovel is related to Hollywood Life?

AdriaCPratt (@AdriaCPratt)

Posted at 3:31 PM on May 8, 2014

my co-worker’s step-aunt makes $74 every hour on the computer . She has been fired from work for 5 months but last month her pay was $21988 just working on the computer for a few hours.
…………………………………………………………………
==============================================
straight from the source >>>>>>> ­W­W­­W­.­Y­E­L­L­W­O­R­K­.­­C­O­­M­
==============================================
GO O THE SITE LINK AND GO TO THE NEXT WEB PAGE FOR MORE INFO AND HELP

Garink32

Posted at 3:07 PM on May 8, 2014

Start working from home! Great job for students, stay-at-home moms or anyone needing an extra income… You only need a computer and a reliable internet connection… Make $90 hourly and up to $12000 a month by following link at the bottom and signing up… You can have your first check by the end of this week­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­…………..WWW.JOBSBAT­­­­­.ℭO­M

Garink32

Posted at 3:06 PM on May 8, 2014

dfdfddddd

Rhian Fancourtlru

Posted at 2:20 PM on May 8, 2014

hiiiii

0205aryannast

Posted at 1:57 PM on May 8, 2014

or nawww

0205aryannast

Posted at 12:33 PM on May 8, 2014

Reblogged this on Aryanna's webby weblog and commented:
HA!!! lol that’s what she gets.