Monica opened up about her affair with former President Bill Clinton in ‘Vanity Fair’ and now HollywoodLife.com can tell you things you have no idea about!
Monica Lewinsky, 40, is bringing up her scandal that rocked a nation in the new issue of Vanity Fair. The former White House intern admits that the affair was consensual but that she “regrets” what happened. Don’t forget, President Bill Clinton was later impeached for lying about the affair.
Monica Lewinsky — Five Things To Know About Her Sex Scandal
1. Monica talks about burning the famous blue dress. This is the dress that investigators later tested for semen to prove that the affair did happen, despite the President denying the affair on national television. “It’s time to burn the beret and bury the blue dress.”
2. She says she regrets what happened: “Let me say it again: I. Myself. Deeply. Regret. What. Happened.”
3. Monica turned down $10 million to speak about the affair. The former intern also says that she was never paid off by the Clinton family to stay quiet about the affair. The reason she never spoke out is because she felt it wasn’t the right thing to do.
4. She says Bill “took advantage” of her: “Sure, my boss took advantage of me, but I will always remain firm on this point: it was a consensual relationship. Any ‘abuse’ came in the aftermath, when I was made a scapegoat in order to protect his powerful position.”
5. Monica Slams Beyonce. She mentions Beyonce‘s song “Partition” and says: “Thanks, Beyoncé, but if we’re verbing, I think you meant ‘Bill Clinton’d all on my gown,’ not ‘Monica Lewinsky’d.’”
Monica — Why She’s Speaking Out Now
She went on to say that when Rutgers student, Tyler Clementi, committed suicide after his roommate outed him after filming him making out with a guy, it made her relive her own “global humiliation.”
“[My mom] was reliving 1998, when she wouldn’t let me out of her sight,” Monica says of her mother after the death of Tyler. “She was replaying those weeks when she stayed by my bed, night after night, because I, too, was suicidal. Thanks to the Drudge Report, I was also possibly the first person whose global humiliation was driven by the Internet.”
The full article hits stands on May 8!
HollywoodLifers, what do you think about Monica’s tell all?
— Chloe Melas
More Bill Clinton News:
- Bill Clinton — Did He Have An Affair With Elizabeth Hurley?
- Hillary Clinton — Is She Bisexual?
- Chelsea Clinton Pregnant With First Child!