Clay Aiken Wins Democratic Primary For North Carolina Congressional Seat

Wed, May 7, 2014 3:02pm EDT by 9 Comments
Clay Aiken Wins Democratic Primary North Carolina
Getty

Clay Aiken won against Keith Crisco in a neck-and-neck race for the primary congressional seat in North Carolina on May 7!

In his toughest competition yet, Clay Aiken’s race for Congress got down to the wire, leading Keith Crisco at 40.9 percent to 39.5 percent, as of the morning of May 7. Look out, Simon Cowell  Clay’s winning the hearts of America yet again, but this time the former American Idol contestant wasn’t looking to be a runner-up again.

Clay Aiken Wins North Carolina Primary — Relying On America’s Votes Once Again

It has been more than a decade since we witnessed Clay blossom as a successful entertainer, and now it’s time for the former singer to let his voice be heard from a different stage! Funnily enough, it seems like all of his career paths rest on the shoulders of voters.

Now, with a shift in career choices, he is ready to shake things up offstage and into Washington. Clay is putting his entertainment career on hold in order to seek the Democratic seat for North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District, and he will face off against the two-term Republican Rep. Renee Ellmers in November.

Clay Aiken: ‘The Name Recognition Is A Plus — It Gets People To The Table’

Needless to say, Clay has created quite the buzz for himself. But, is he riding on the coattails of his fame to endorse his political campaign? Or is he really the fresh choice congress needs? Despite his name recognition it was and will continue to be an uphill battle for the star.

“There’s obviously a little bit of a hurdle that we’ve had to overcome. Obviously the name recognition is a plus — it gets people to the table,” the former star told ABC News on May 6.

Tweets have started to pour in to show support for Clay, with Arsenio Hall tweeting:

The former Celebrity Apprentice runner-up finally broke his streak of being second-best in a competition, but the big race isn’t quite over, as Clay has to look towards securing his congressional seat in the November election.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Did Clay’s fame win him the nomination?

– Brittany King

More Clay Aiken News:

1. Clay Aiken Is Running For Congress — Watch His Campaign Announcement
  2. ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Got It Wrong — Clay Aiken Should Have Won
  3. ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Live Season Finale: Was Arsenio Or Clay Hired?

Arlene Belk

Posted at 12:53 AM on May 13, 2014

I live in NC and do not support Clay Aiken for NC democratic party. Matter of fact I don’t support any Democratic party. I think most are not honest people. I know they are not a people of God. If they were they would not live the immoral life style they live and they would not support abortions and such. When you don’t live by the word of God you are more easily led down a wrong path of deception. He doesn’t have experience in managing anything other than children. He just doesn’t have leadership quality. I just pray Americans in NC don’t fall for the celebrity status he has because in my opinion he doesn’t have much of that either. Please NC vote NO No No to Clay Aiken

Niae1962

Posted at 4:56 PM on May 7, 2014

=====================
W­W­­W.­­WORKS23.US
=====================

Matthew B. Samford

Posted at 4:24 PM on May 7, 2014

Money is very important for every person.I earn a lot lo money through online jobs.I earn at least 90$ per hour,I work at least 5 to 6 hours a day and fulfill my all necessities.if you also can get an online job plz visit the site given below…………………………… W­W­­W­.­J­O­B­S­6­0­0­0­.­C­O­­M­

ELVIS PRESLEY

Posted at 3:17 PM on May 7, 2014

A HOGG, WHY ARE YOU SO AGAINST HIM? WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU? IS IT BECAUSE HE IS GAY? I THNK THE ONLY LOSS HERE IS YOU!

RS

Posted at 12:19 PM on May 8, 2014

Some people are just negative and can’t find anything good to say. Research says people who must hate on others do not live as long (look it up). Haters are the real losers. They call others losers to make themselves feel superior.

As for Clay, he may not be my favorite idol, but good luck to him! We need some changes in congress and he could probably do better than some of the bumbling idiots in congress now. Some more youthful congresspeople would be good.

Ruth Clark

Posted at 1:05 PM on May 9, 2014

He’s certainly a change but I’m not sure for the good

B.Nyte

Posted at 1:14 AM on May 13, 2014

I had no idea that Clay Aiken knew anything about politics, but then again, I don’t really follow it very closely either.
Hope he knows what he’s doing…

A Hogg

Posted at 3:04 PM on May 7, 2014

He was a LOSER on IDOLS & he will be a LOSER in the Senate Race~

Candy MacGourdal

Posted at 12:24 PM on May 8, 2014

UM Haters are LOSERS. Good luck with that.