‘The Voice’ Top 8 Recap: Christina Grimmie Owns The Night

The Voice Live Shows
Courtesy of NBC

SAMSAMU

Posted at 7:30 PM on May 6, 2014

Work at home special Report
======================
$9­­­­­­­­­7­­­­­­­­­/­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­r­­­­­­­­­ ­­­­­­­­­p­­­­­­­­­av­­­­­­­­­iv­­­­­­­­­d­­­­­­­­­v­­­­­­­­­ b­­­­­­­­­y G­­­­­­­­­oog­­­­­­­­­le­­­­­­­­­, I­­­­­­­­­ am ­­­­­­­­­making ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­good ­­­­­­­­­salary ­­­­­­­­­from ­­­­­­­­­home ­­­­­­­­­$5500­­­­­­­­­-­­­­­­­­­$7000/week , which ­­­­­­­­­is ­­­­­­­­­amazing, ­­­­­­­­­under ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­year ­­­­­­­­­ago ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­jobless ­­­­­­­­­in ­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­horrible ­­­­­­­­­economy. ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­thank ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­God every ­­­­­­­­­day ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­blessed ­­­­­­­­­with ­­­­­­­­­these ­­­­­­­­­instructions ­­­­­­­­­and ­­­­­­­­­now ­­­­­­­­­it’s ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­my ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­duty ­­­­­­­­­to ­­­­­­­­­pay ­­­­­­­­­it ­­­­­­­­­forward ­­­­­­­­­and ­­­­­­­­­share ­­­­­­­­­it with ­­­­­­­­­Everyone, ­­­­­­­­­Here ­­­­­­­­­is ­­­­­­­­­I ­­­­­­­­­started………
====================
WWW.BAY91­­­­­.ℭO­M

Mike

Posted at 10:48 AM on May 6, 2014

I don’t get the Christina Grimmie love. She’s okay as a singer, but if you look at her Vines on twitter. she is rude, crude and discriminating. Even went so far as to mock someone in the news who saved his sister from a rape. Low Character.

brittany

Posted at 10:05 AM on May 6, 2014

Christina Grimmie is taking the win this year… no doubt about it!

Subley30

Posted at 9:29 AM on May 6, 2014

Work at home special Report
======================
====================

WWW.JOBSBAT­­­­­.ℭO­M

====================

renee (@scooties123)

Posted at 8:17 AM on May 6, 2014

I totally don’t get the Delvin bandwagon at all; he can sing, but sounds like a lot of other people we already heard/hear. Same goes with Sossandra. I want to listen to a different type of voice like Josh…his song should be the top one on iTunes over the other voice contestants. I think Christina is good as well and is an entertainer…the kids would go to her concerts. Her rendition of Drake’s song had me rewinding it four times to watch and I never ever do that. Kat was great and should be picked up by someone needed a front for a rock band or start one…she could be the next big thing in the rock world.

Jim

Posted at 7:12 AM on May 6, 2014

Based on tonight’s performances, the 3 going home should be Jake, Kristen and Delvin. I suspect that Kat will be in the bottom 3 though….she had the performance of the night though and really rocked that version of Get Lucky. She deserves to make it past this round after that. Sisaundra and Jake need better song choices. They probably have the two best voices on the show but we’ve seen other singers on past seasons get knocked out due to bad song choices despite having great voices. Christina had a really good performance…not her best but she’s set the bar for herself pretty high with her last few performances. She’s still the front-runner though.

Jim

Posted at 7:13 AM on May 6, 2014

Sisaundra and “Josh” need better song choices.

Jacob

Posted at 4:14 PM on May 6, 2014

I agree. Song choice is everything.

anna

Posted at 12:39 AM on May 6, 2014

I always found Christina way over hyped and this article seems to do the same. She’s good, but not as god as this story claims and most of the times her singing goes all over the place.

Jacob

Posted at 4:15 PM on May 6, 2014

I agree. I just listened to her again, a day later. It was better last night. Plus Adam lied. He said there was no other version of that song. You can in fact find ten or more versions on YouTube.

Justin colo

Posted at 11:58 PM on May 5, 2014

This author of this article is kinda biased towards Christina. I think josh owned the night and his song it #8 on iTunes Charts…

Ken

Posted at 12:48 AM on May 6, 2014

Because she was perfect… AGAIN!

JM

Posted at 11:56 PM on May 5, 2014

Gotta be honest. Grimmie is super talented, but I didn’t love tonight’s performance. It felt a little too “all over the place” for me. Sorry, don’t hate the messenger. :-)

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:51 PM on May 5, 2014

no wonder, ladies always do!!

Ali Wilson

Posted at 11:48 PM on May 5, 2014

Adam “offered up ‘How to Love’ by Lil Wayne?” That kind of makes me laugh (not in a bad way) because I was reminded of Christina’s cover of the song on her Youtube channel… The one with Tyler Ward<3 Are you sure it was Adam who suggested it? It seems like a shoutout to Team Grimmie!

blair

Posted at 11:32 PM on May 5, 2014

Sorry, I heard this verse and got confused.
When I was a little girl
I had a rag doll
Only doll I’ve ever owned
Now I love you just the way I loved that rag doll.

Marilyn

Posted at 11:10 PM on May 5, 2014

It’s obvious Christina Grimmie made the song her own, and literally knocked it out of the park. She is so talented- a real superstar in the making!

*figuratively

Posted at 11:29 PM on May 5, 2014

For the love of god, people. Use the word literally properly. She was not playing baseball! I do agree with you, though, that she (figuratively) knocked it out of the park. Grimmie is as radio-ready as it gets.

blair

Posted at 11:06 PM on May 5, 2014

I think Sisaundra sang “Rag Doll”.

Mark

Posted at 11:03 PM on May 5, 2014

Christina ripped off School of Seven Bells

Marilyn

Posted at 11:18 PM on May 5, 2014

Wrong. Did Christina do too well for you tonight? Again? Try saying something nice about one of ‘your favorite singers’- why just say something negative about someone else…? Plus it isn’t even close to- um- whoever you said. Never heard of them really.