‘The Voice’ Recap: Usher & Shakira Lose Two Of Their Best Singers

Tue, April 29, 2014 10:19pm EDT by 31 Comments
The Voice Bria Kelly Tess Boyer
Courtesy of NBC

timo

Posted at 10:20 AM on May 2, 2014

Bria has the most unique supercool rock voice,
It was a terrible song choice for her, Wy do they always force people to sing another genre of music.
I really hate it when they do that, Imagine acdc singing soul music,
for example: mary j. blige sings a rock song for the first time (u2 and mary j. blige one), wow that girl is born to sing rock music.
Of course i was hoping for more, and yes the movie Rock of Ages came out with mary j. blige in cast, What a powerful rock voice.

Wy do people always vote the same way as the jury?
Isn’t it a bit strange that every jury member still has one singer left, isn’t obvious when a coach is really fighting to keep a team member or when he is ready to let go.

Michele

Posted at 10:56 PM on May 1, 2014

I think Adam undermined Bris as she was competition for Christina whom is good but come on you affected Bria’s confidence with the comments regarding the Avril song! I was disappointed last season at some choices now I debate if I will even watch next season ! Also stop allowing these pros like Sesandra Lewis who was a paid singer with Celine Dion

Cheryl j.f. Kennedy lady joy

Posted at 10:28 AM on May 1, 2014

i usher Raymond iv shekaree Adam and blare or blake keep up the good work its better help people and keep them off the street than having them been like animals on the street but most off all to usher my most faverred idiol and artist most of all you are rite no one can sing your songs better than you usher Raymond iv i mite be lookin forward next year to enter the voice dials contest i wanna put in my vote but am gone with some more cause you all have some off the best. Artist working for you all are with you contigratunations to you all from5|1|2014 moment lady joy same Cheryl j. F. Kennedy.on this day

Couglag

Posted at 7:39 AM on May 1, 2014

my neighbor’s mother makes $68 /hour on the computer . She has been fired for eight months but last month her pay check was $14920 just working on the computer for a few hours. check

…………………………… ­­W­­W­­W­.W­­O­R­K­s6­­­.­C­O­­M

yezzjvqvzxbzx

Posted at 9:38 PM on April 30, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixëdLuv.Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here. Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. cbxcbxcb

Julie

Posted at 9:09 PM on April 30, 2014

You need to improve the band and sound system
Doesn’t compare to American idol.
I think the contestants are the same quality
I love the voice is a better show but needs improvement

brian

Posted at 1:31 PM on April 30, 2014

Bria Kelly being voted off can be contributed to one thing… Adam Levin being negative nancy on her performance Monday night. I think it was a strategic move by Adam to remove a true threat to win the competition. On the other hand… Who are these idiot voters? Bria Kelly has a once in a lifetime sound. I’m glad Usher told her not to worry what others (like Adam) think about her. She rocks and I hope she does nothing but be herself and if so she will be successful. Rock on Bria! The Voice will miss your unique talent.

jacki

Posted at 8:42 AM on April 30, 2014

wrong decision, Kat needs to go, she is just a screamer and already had her chance and just cannot get into devlin, wrong 2 went home tonight shake your heads

wjm41358

Posted at 12:03 PM on April 30, 2014

Agreed and we need to continue voting for the best singers to support them. Vote everybody!!!

Bob

Posted at 8:27 AM on April 30, 2014

Watching the tears from Bria told the story of her demise, however, her rendition of “Steamroller Blues” will rock on forever. Best of luck Bria, you are a shining star.

sharon cox

Posted at 7:20 AM on April 30, 2014

Voters, are you serious….Belvin Perry was almost one of the last to be saved. You are voting on the voice and performance as an entertainer, not looks. This guy rocks anything and has wonderful range and tone. He’s just as good, or better, than Sabrina/Sierra (whatever her name is)!
Anyone else shocked too that his name was not called in first two or four??

sharon cox

Posted at 7:22 AM on April 30, 2014

OOOPS…that’s DELVIN!

F N hob

Posted at 12:44 AM on May 1, 2014

Delvin is aaaamazing. I would love to hear him do john legend “I give my all to you”

F N hob

Posted at 1:01 AM on May 1, 2014

Sissaundra’s voice is unbelievable. With the right song, she would blow the roof off every week. Tessanne Chin could sing in her softest voice and everyone would be on the end of their seats hanging on every world. Let alone those powerful songs.

sharon cox

Posted at 7:14 AM on April 30, 2014

Did I hear right; they are ADDING two more chairs/judges next season? OR will two we have now be leaving? If so, I hope it’s Blake that leaves.

casey

Posted at 10:54 AM on April 30, 2014

No, Gwen and Pharrell will be taking over Usher and Shakira’s spot. They rotate. It used to be Christina and CeeLo. Adam and Blake never leave.

sharon cox

Posted at 7:12 AM on April 30, 2014

I was SHOCKED that Kat was in the bottom three; she can sing anything! Glad for the save.

Popcorn Whiskey

Posted at 4:17 AM on April 30, 2014

Josh is my fav this year….the right two went home this week

OldLadySoul

Posted at 7:10 AM on April 30, 2014

Josh fan here as well, although I think Jake should have gone home. What I really think is that country singers need a singing show of their own. There seems to be a huge quantity of country fans that vote which always keeps country singers at the top, edging out much better pop and r&b singers.

D

Posted at 9:13 AM on April 30, 2014

Bria should not be gone. And I agree, this love affair with country music tends to ignore other talent that doesn’t sing country music.

Popcorn Whiskey

Posted at 10:43 AM on April 30, 2014

Blakes’s wife got her big break on a country show like that. I think it’s ok for them to be on the show just as long as they sing different styles of songs. I would hate an American Idol with out Carrie Underwood you know what I mean?

TSD

Posted at 5:35 PM on April 30, 2014

Bria definitely shouldn’t have gone home as she is one of the most powerful singers to ever enter one of these competitions. The biggest problem is that some coaches like Usher have no idea how to coach. They force songs on people that are not right for them and that is what happened to Bria. Adam allowed Grimmie to select a song she loves and she absolutely killed it. This is a big reason why Adam or Blake win each year. Also, I think fans have decided they like Adam and Blake best and automatically vote for their singers because fans are as committed to the coach that wins as to the singer that wins.

Popcorn Whiskey

Posted at 4:12 AM on May 1, 2014

Usher is a really bad judge, that’s for sure. Steamroller Blues was a great performance from Bria but I’m with you and Rolling in Deep where not great. I’m really rooting for Josh.

Urban Consultant (@UrbanConsultant)

Posted at 1:27 AM on April 30, 2014

I think Payton Manning should sit in for Cee-Lo

Mark

Posted at 12:57 AM on April 30, 2014

Are you kidding? 3 of the 4 best singing for the save? American Idol and The Voice have the same problem. Girls voting for boys and talented girls getting the shaft! The two voted out tonight were the two with the best chance to actually make it as solo artists in pop music.

Meri

Posted at 8:59 AM on April 30, 2014

Uh…between Jake, Josh and Delvin who exactly is the heartthrob there???? None of their music styles are directed at teens. None of them are hot (though none of them are ugly either) – T.J was the most good looking and he was the first guy gone. Also Jake and Josh have both emphasized they are not available. Also in seasons 3 and 4 the very good looking guys (Dez Duron and Josiah Hawley) were gone before the top 6. I’ve actually found The Voice to be the more fair show for girls because it doesn’t seem to favour the heartthrobs. The two winners that have had some post-show success are girls.

Wendy

Posted at 12:20 AM on April 30, 2014

So sad to see Bria Kelly go. I have to say that I think she was a much better singer BEFORE she was coached. Her blind audition rocked the world. I hope we see more from her after The Voice.

Will

Posted at 12:05 AM on April 30, 2014

I’ve given up on the voice!! I can’t believe the results!!

Mark

Posted at 1:54 AM on April 30, 2014

My reaction exactly! Blind auditions of not, it takes more than a voice to make it as a solo artist. This voter demographic keeps eliminating girls with the most potential for success, just like on Am Idol!

cxacep46643

Posted at 11:29 PM on April 29, 2014

Are you still single? If you think black and white is a beautiful combination. JOIN
—–>♥ BlackWhitëHub.COM ♥ site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women. Millions of singles have joined it. What are you waiting for?xcbxcbxcb

Mister Baja

Posted at 10:30 PM on April 29, 2014

so eliminating F*ggots from scene may be a relief for most of you!!