‘Swamp People': Tyler The Swamp Dog Dies From Heart Failure

Tue, April 29, 2014 11:15am EDT by 15 Comments

Sad news for the ‘Swamp People’ family. Bruce and Janet Mitchell’s  beloved dog, Tyler the Swamp Dog, has passed away after a three-year battle with congestive heart failure.

Swamp People‘s Bruce and Janet Mitchell were forced to say goodbye to their beloved dog, Tyler, after he passed away from heart failure on April 28.

‘Swamp People’s Tyler The Swamp Dog Dies

How sad.

Swamp People star Bruce’s best friend passed away on Monday, April 28.

After a three-year battle with congestive heart failure, Tyler the Swamp Dog lost the fight at around 1am on Monday surrounded by his loving owners.

Bruce buried his beloved dog in the family’s yard, according to TMZ. Tyler was 13 years old.

Tyler was best known for always accompanying Bruce on his swamp boat, and his love for delicious Little Debbie‘s Zebra Cakes.

Losing a pet is never easy, and our thoughts are with the Mitchell family at this time.

– Lauren Cox

More ‘Swamp People’ News:

1. ‘Swamp People’ Star Mitchell Guist Dead At 48
  2. ‘Duck Dynasty’: Phil Robertson’s Wife Admits She Almost Committed Suicide
  3. ‘Duck Dynasty’: Lisa Robertson Reveals She Was Molested & Had Secret Affair

darrell morris

Posted at 4:03 PM on July 9, 2014

I am so sorry to hear about tyler.bought zebra cakes and enjoyed them for tyler.

Tanya

Posted at 8:37 PM on July 7, 2014

So sorry to hear about Tyler! I know he will be missed. A pet is a family member no matter what anyone says!

lisa a russell

Posted at 8:34 PM on July 1, 2014

bruce i am so sorry for your loss tyler oo was su a sweet dog i loved watching you and himon swamp people tyler would love for ou to have another alligator dog not to replce him but to carry on his tradition with you god bless both of you

April

Posted at 12:24 PM on June 24, 2014

My heart and many blessings goes out to Tyler’s family. It was always great to see him doing what he loved. He sure did love those zebra cakes. Bless you all and we will miss him!

peggy

Posted at 9:34 AM on June 24, 2014

My heart goes out to you I know how you feel I’ve lost 3 and about to lose another my baby is almost 17 now . I’ll miss tyler so much I love him and love watching him on the boat with you. He will always be there with you.I hope one day you will get another puppy tyler would like that .Take care and god bless you R.I.P. Tyler

Thressa

Posted at 4:59 AM on June 24, 2014

I am so sorry to hear about sweet Tyler!! As being a pet owner I do know the pain you’re in and your heart feels as if it is broke in half and it even hurts to breathe!! You might not want to hear this ‘ but there is another baby puppy that needs a safe warm home
And someone to love them and give them a chance to show what a devoted best friend they can be too!! Bruce no dog will be able to take Tyler’s place in your heart but you can begin a path with another one and help ease some of the pain of losing Tyler this does not mean you don’t love Tyler !’ Tyler would want his daddy to not grieve so much ‘n Tyler will always be number 1 Bruce you have a lot of life left in you!!! So give another puppy a chance of being needed and loved!! It worked for me and never

jaybird

Posted at 2:45 AM on June 24, 2014

R.I.P Tyler you will be truly missed by all who loved watching the show and seeing you eat the zebra cakes, lick the gators head and a side kick to Bruce. To the best gator hunting dog that ever lived!!!!!!!!! R.I.P Champ

jayme

Posted at 2:14 AM on June 24, 2014

God Bless him, I loved watching Tyler he was an amazing dog. He will truly be missed. My prayers go out to you Bruce. I am a dog owner too, they are like your children.

Denise Lane

Posted at 2:04 AM on June 24, 2014

My sympathies. Tyler rocked!!!!!!

Felicia C.

Posted at 11:15 PM on June 23, 2014

So sad to hear about Tyler, I loved watching him on the show. Bruce I know your pain & I pray for you. I always think of Tyler when I eat zebra cakes. RIP TYLER!!

Lisa

Posted at 10:49 PM on June 23, 2014

So sorry Bruce!! Y’all gave him a Happy Life!!

Lanney Cook

Posted at 5:26 PM on April 30, 2014

Bruce I am SO SORRY for your loss He was a great friend to you

Judy Prause

Posted at 3:58 PM on April 30, 2014

Sorry to hear about Tyler, he was a great partner for Bruce. May he find more Zebra cakes across the Rainbow Bridge.

Georgia Cagle

Posted at 9:38 PM on April 29, 2014

So sorry to hear of the loss of Tyler,he was a great part of the show and will be missed. So sorry for your loss! RIP TYLER!

Sherry L.ch a thing

Posted at 2:20 PM on April 29, 2014

I’m sorry to hear that Tyler died I love the swamp people. He was an amazing dog I know his family will really miss him. I wish them the best.