Terrible news was released on April 28. At a press conference Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott explained that the surface search for missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 was being scaled back because it is ‘highly unlikely’ any more clues will be found on the surface of the Indian Ocean. Here’s what’s next…
The news released by the Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott on April 28 was probably crushing to the families of the missing 239 passengers aboard Malaysia flight 370. The Minister expressed his condolences but stated that if there had been any debris left from the aircraft, which has already been missing for 52 days, it would have sunk by now.
Prime Minister Finally Reveals The Fate Of Flight 370
The Prime Minister did make a point during the press conference to pay tribute to the “tremendous work” the search received from air crews of eight nations, reports the DailyMail.
“By this stage, 52 days into the search, most material would have become waterlogged and sunk,” the Prime Minister said.
It makes sense to us that the Prime Minister would make these statements — seeing as how the underwater searching device, Bluefin-21, has currently turned up nothing in its hunt for the missing debris or black box recorders.
Prime Minister Reveals Malaysia Airlines Flight 370’s Fate
These comments are a sharp contrast to ones made on April 24 by Malaysia’s Prime Minister, Najib Razak, in an exclusive interview on CNN.
The Malaysian prime minister stated again that the search would continue and that Malaysian authorities still held out some hope of finding at least debris from the missing plane.
“Right now I think I need to take into account the feelings of the next of kin — and some of them have said publicly that they aren’t willing to accept it until they find hard evidence,” the Malaysian Prime Minister explained to CNN’s Richard Quest.
What do you think HollywoodLifers, do you think the plane is lost, or do you believe pieces of it are still out there somewhere? Tell us what’s on your mind.
— Bryant Perkins