Katy Perry Releases Hilarious New ‘Birthday’ Music Video — Watch

Thu, April 24, 2014 1:17pm EDT by 11 Comments

Happy birthday to us! It’s Katy Perry like you’ve never seen her before in a just-released music video for her new song ‘Birthday’. Watch the hilarious new clip right here and let us know what YOU think!

Who knew Katy Perry was such a good actress? In her brand new “Birthday” video, the 29-year-old actress is unrecognizable as a series of characters who collectively make up the “world’s worst birthday party entertainers.” Hilarity ensues as Katy transforms herself into her alter egos Goldie Dancer, Yosef Shulem, Kriss The Clown, Ace The Animal Trainer and Princess Mandee. Watch!

Katy Perry’s ‘Birthday’ Video — Singer’s Hilarious New Music Video

Katy excels at portraying each and every member of this ragtag team of entertainers but our personal favorite is aging flapper Goldie the dancer.

Katy Perry Proves She’s More Than Just Sexy With New ‘Birthday’ Video

“My name is Goldie because of my golden nuggets,” Katy explains in a British accent and full wacky old lady costume. “I moved to Las Vegas because I love dance. I was great friends with all of those boys in the Rat Pack. Have you ever heard that song ‘The Lady Is a Tramp’? That might be about me.”

We believe it! It certainly is amazing what they can do with makeup these days. We never would have recognized the gorgeous, svelte young singer beneath her costume of wrinkly skin, sagging breasts and stringy gray hair. This is definitely not a good look for Katy, but it’s hilarious nonetheless!

In the video, Katy goes around to five different birthday parties in disguises and no one knew it was her! These costumes are absolutely hysterical! You’ve got to see it.

HollywoodLifers, is Katy’s “Birthday” video everything you hoped it would be? Do YOU think it’s funny? Drop a comment with your review of Katy’s latest release below!

— Tierney McAfee

More Katy Perry News:

1. Katy Perry: Colorful, Egyptian-Inspired Beauty At BRIT Awards
  2. Katy Perry’s Wild Beauty In ‘Dark Horse’ Video — The Exact How To
  3. Katy Perry Rocks Spooky Performance Of ‘Dark Horse’ At Grammys

Makee

Posted at 10:07 AM on June 27, 2014

i hate the video!!!
it was the video’s fault that this song didn’t enter the top ten on billboard.
it doesn’t promote the music!

katie

Posted at 3:20 PM on April 26, 2014

She was quite brilliant. I would have loved to see all the reactions when she revealed herself. I think acting is next for her.

michele

Posted at 10:22 PM on April 25, 2014

thank god Katy Perry is a wonderful entertainer and has a awesome sense of humor!

Melissa

Posted at 8:30 AM on April 25, 2014

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lo

Posted at 10:12 PM on April 24, 2014

I hated the video. I didn’t find it funny at all.

Jane White

Posted at 6:01 PM on April 24, 2014

Yes. I didn’t really like her until this new album. She’s still making songs for radio, but they’re just…better? It’s like she amped up everything that worked for her and ditched the excess. This and the last single were especially great. As for the video, I could’ve done without the princess and the animal trainer, but the Bar Mitzvah and nursing home scenes were hysterical.

Guest

Posted at 5:02 PM on April 24, 2014

Go Katie, you are the best!

ginger_leslie (@ginger_leslie1)

Posted at 3:01 PM on April 24, 2014

my best friend’s step-mother makes $78 an hour on the internet . She has been out of work for 10 months but last month her payment was $13224 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this out
WWW.J­­O­­B­­­S­­C­­S­­­­­.C­O­M===============

Cletuswte Garber

Posted at 2:03 PM on April 24, 2014

Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this – 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go to tech tab for work detail……….

LINK HERE: W­­W­­W­.J­­O­B­S­9­­0­0­­.­C­O­­M­