Tori Spelling: How Dean McDermott Told Me That He Cheated

Thu, April 17, 2014 2:06pm EDT by 18 Comments

Oh man, this is sad. Tori Spelling has opened up about the cheating scandal that is tearing her marriage with Dean McDermott apart, and she even revealed exactly how Dean McDermott confessed to his cheating.

With their Lifetime reality drama, True Tori, premiering on April 22, Tori Spelling, 40, is opening up about the cheating scandal that rocked the foundation of her marriage to Dean McDermott, 47. “I don’t know if my marriage can be saved,” the actress told Us Weekly. Read on to find out exactly how Dean confessed to the cheating scandal — and, as you can imagine, he didn’t do so until he was cornered and forced to confess.

Tori Spelling: Dean McDermott ‘Said That They Kissed But That Was It’

When rumors began to swirl that Dean had cheated on Tori with Emily Goodhand on Dec. 6 while Dean was at an event in Toronto, Tori’s publicist approached her about it but Tori just thought it was another crazy rumor. Then, once the stories started to go to print, Tori’s publicist asked her about it again, and then Tori went to Dean directly.

“I asked Dean to talk privately,” she revealed to Us Weekly. “I asked him if it was true. He was very nervous — I saw it in his face. He said that they had kissed but that was it. I knew in that moment the worst had happened. I said, ‘I don’t believe you for one second. I don’t believe that’s all.'” And why should she have? After all, let’s not forget that both Tori and Dean were married to other people when they met in 2005 — this is kiiind of a pattern.

Dean McDermott Admits Cheating On Tori Spelling — ‘Sex Was An Escape’

“I was really angry,” Tori continued. “I had a million different emotions running through my body, but I didn’t want the kids to pick up on anything being wrong. We’ve never had a big fight in front of them.” Tori approached Dean again later that day, once their four kids were in bed, and said, “I didn’t hear it from you first, but I deserve to  hear it before the world hears it.” Then, Dean confessed. Tori told the mag that “he didn’t get graphic; [she] didn’t want him to,” and that he “kept it to facts. It wasn’t about feelings. It was a concise conversation. I listened and I made sure I didn’t show emotion. [She] didn’t cry. He didn’t cry. He sounded remorseful.”

Dean sounded “like a husband who had gotten caught.” Sounds about right!

Tori Spelling: Dean McDermott ‘Took Full Responsibility’ For Cheating

At that moment, Dean also admitted that they had had sex. Said Tori, “He took full responsibility. He admitted that he had been drinking when it happened, but he in no way, shape or form ever claimed that as the reason he did it.” Well, that’s… good? We suppose?

The next morning, Dean left for treatment, and the rest is history. “He needed to go away and work on himself,” Tori told Us Weekly. “I agreed, and it wasn’t a big conversation. I was just like, ‘Yep, that’s best.’ Because what else could we do? How else could we live in the same house? How else could we go on?”

That is just so sad, and so dire. Can her marriage be saved? It looks like trust has been broken, and irrevocably. As she put it in the interview, “If I can’t ever let my guard down again, then there can’t be a relationship.”

Wow.

What do you think, HollywoodLifers? Can their marriage be saved? Were you surprised that Dean lied to Tori before confessing, or not so much? Let us know.

– Amanda Michelle Steiner

More Tori & Dean News:

1. Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott: Another Sex Scandal Revealed
  2. Dean McDermott Admits Cheating On Tori Spelling — ‘Sex Was An Escape’
  3. Tori Spelling & Dean McDermott: Another Sex Scandal Revealed

njo

Posted at 12:18 PM on May 3, 2014

TORI….YOU Teach your Son How to Treat A Woman, You Teach Your Daughter How to be Treated by A Man… LEAVE HIM!!!! HE IS A LOSER……..YOUR KIDS DEPEND ON YOU. !
THERE ARE GOOD MEN OUT THERE…… I PROMISE YOU…! WHERE IS YOUR SELF ESTEME?

LaLa

Posted at 11:38 PM on May 2, 2014

Dean the con artist thought he would end up with Spelling’s millions. Tori made a big mistake not listening to her mom! Dean kept knocking her up so she could be preoccupied with kids…so he could cheat in peace. Tori is an idiot. Got played, still being played!

LaLa

Posted at 7:21 AM on May 2, 2014

Free loading days of Dean will soon be in the past…he belongs working for Home Depot or Rentboy.com

Candiis

Posted at 10:32 AM on April 25, 2014

Ladies – when you cheat with a man you are telling him that your are ok with and support that type of behavior…that’s how you got him! lol good for her

Gurl With A Curl

Posted at 11:02 PM on April 23, 2014

Boo hoo. Funny how she never felt any regret for the lives she and Dean hurt with their selfishness. But now that SHE is the victim, cheating is so wrong.

Fugly skank needs to suck it up. I do feel sorry for all the kids and Dean’s ex wife, though.

Bionda

Posted at 6:12 PM on April 19, 2014

What goes around, comes around!

Lola

Posted at 12:48 PM on April 20, 2014

Hey Tori Spelling fans, what do you think about your tawdry little idol whining about getting back what she gave? Tori, you and yours deserve you and your lousy husband.

nancy cabray

Posted at 4:44 PM on April 19, 2014

What a shocker! Tori and Dean were both married when they hooked up the first night they met. So…..duhhh can either be trusted. Maybe Karma is biting them both in the butt.

LaLa

Posted at 1:25 PM on April 19, 2014

Lola

Posted at 12:49 PM on April 20, 2014

What, a legitimate job, foolish one? Maybe get off your lazy butt and get job, honey.

Terri

Posted at 1:23 PM on April 18, 2014

People make mistakes. If both parties are willing to be honest and work on the relationship and tori can truly forgive and put it in a box and move on then yes this marriage can be saved. It will take time, yrs. To get the trust back but it does . The key is after about a yr. Of marriage counseling for tori to truly put it in a box seal it and never open it again. If a spouse can’t do this than move on.

LaLa

Posted at 1:13 PM on April 18, 2014

Is Dean a top or bottom? He did dudes too don’t forget.

MtothaE

Posted at 3:32 PM on April 17, 2014

She should cut his dick off so he could never ever do it again

Katie

Posted at 2:28 PM on April 17, 2014

THis young woman continues to amaze me. I thought she was the rick day of a Hollywood mogul who got a role for that reason.I have come to thoroughly like and respect her. I find her to be genuine, kind, generous and funny! You reap what you sow and unfortunately this is not a surprise when you look at their history. However for their sakes and for their children I do hope their marriage survives
He needs to get sober, attend 12 step meetings daily, develope an attitude of gratitude and keep your priorities in order. Run to Alanon Tori!! God bless.

Lola

Posted at 12:52 PM on April 20, 2014

What’s to respect about a cruel, nasty little homewrecker who slept with a married man the day she met him? And to top it off, making nasty comments about the wife of the man. She is reaping what she has sown. She is a disgusting, tawdry, pitiful excuse for a female.

gypsyess

Posted at 2:09 PM on April 17, 2014

Heard this is all a publicity stunt

Tana

Posted at 5:43 PM on April 23, 2014

I totally agree, what goes around comes around. She broke up another women’s marriage/family, and she feels betrayed? She deserves it.

Kathy

Posted at 9:34 PM on April 23, 2014

This is so obvious! It is a publicity stunt! She will do anything to stay relavent and anything for money!