Kailyn Lowry’s Heartbreaking Tell-All: I Had An Abortion After Being Raped

Wed, April 16, 2014 2:23pm EDT by 6 Comments
Kailyn Lowry Raped Abortion Tell All
Courtesy of Instagram

In her new tell-all book Pride Over Pity, Kailyn Lowry reveals heartbreaking details about the traumatic years before she became a ‘Teen Mom.’ New passages revealed from her first book reveal that Kailyn was raped as a freshman in high school, and later made the difficult decision to terminate the pregnancy that came from it.

Kailyn Lowry, 22, had an incredibly difficult upbringing before becoming a mom at the tender age of 16-years-old. Now, in her first tell-all book, the Teen Mom 2 star is finally opening up about her traumatic sexual abuse.

Kailyn Lowry’s Tell-All: I Was Raped

This Teen Mom should be proud of herself for finding the strength to tell her traumatic story.

In her first-ever tell-all, Pride Over Pity, Kailyn is finally opening up about the sexual abuse she endured as an adolescent.

One horrifying story tells of how she lost her virginity in eighth grade solely because she believed it kept her relevant among her group of friends.

“I was too young to understand that I wasn’t ready— physically or emotionally— for sex,” she writes. “I believed then that I had to have sex to keep up with my friends.”

Another reveals that her first high school boyfriend forced her into having sex, and refused to wear a condom — which resulted in her first unplanned pregnancy.

Kailyn’s boyfriend went against her wishes and forced himself on her, which left her pregnant just a couple of months later. So sad.

Kailyn’s Mother Forced Her To Have An Abortion

In the tell-all, Kailny reveals that she first found out she was pregnant by taking a test in a Wal-mart bathroom.

When she told her mom Suzi the news, she was determined to have Kailyn terminate the unplanned pregnancy.

“She was adamant that I would not be allowed to deliver this baby into the world, even though deep down that was what I wanted,” Kailyn confesses.

The abortion took place on Kailyn’s 16th birthday, and caused her severe emotional distress.

“It felt as though they had taken every fiber of my being…I felt a mother’s grief.”

How sad.

We are so happy to see that Kailyn has raised an incredible little boy, Isaac Rivera, and found true love in her husband, Javi Marrouqin.

– Lauren Cox

More Kailyn Lowry News:

1. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Reunion: Leah & Kailyn Confront Their Relationship Demons
  2. ‘Teen Mom 2’ Reunion Preview: Kailyn’s Husband Disses Jo Rivera
  3. ‘Teen Mom 2′ Canceled After Season 5 — The Truth Revealed

Nena

Posted at 7:25 PM on July 11, 2014

I think she is a great mother first and foremost and when I watch the season Jo treated her like crap and I’m happy she finally found happiness marrying her second babyfather Javi. The kids are beautiful and I wish them the best! Even though it is sad that she was raped and a lot of guys don’t understand no means no! Looks like a good book to read.

Raven

Posted at 12:33 PM on April 25, 2014

He did rape her. She felt pressure to have sex with him and she also asked him to wear a condom. he abused his rights. so there for that is rape. No one has lived a day in her life to know how she feels. Kailyn is the best mother i have seen on tv and she takes care of her kids. her mother is pity and selfish and should have never abandoned her . a REAL mother is suppose to do the things kailyn is doing.

Mary

Posted at 8:18 PM on April 18, 2014

Not to be cruel but after this happened you got pregnant again? Just saying. NOT THROWING SHADE #Iamarapesurvivor

Mackenzie

Posted at 7:27 PM on April 16, 2014

“I didn’t want to sleep with [him], but he persisted,” Kailyn recalls. “Denying him seemed fruitless. I believed Toby loved me, so I decided I could give him this one thing as long as he wore a condom.” So he just persisted and she gave in? Sounds to me like she regreted having sex with him then just cried rape!

Kyla

Posted at 9:18 PM on April 16, 2014

Giving in is what you are told to do in dangerous situations. Fighting things you can’t stop would only lead to more pain and injury both emotionally and physically.

lisa

Posted at 4:31 PM on April 16, 2014

This is one strong woman. She is not a teen. She had done EVERYTHING ON HER OWN! Thank God for Javi. He is so patient with her. She has abuse issues that she wants to work on. SHE IS A GREAT MOM! Now she needs to focus on being a good wife because she is finding it hard. Joe REALLY messed with her mind. HE IS A JERK! She also needs to stay away from her drunk a** mother. Only will bring trouble. These days…just letting her in the house could make her lose her kids. STAY AWAY!