‘The Voice’ Playoffs: Usher Cuts [SPOILER] & Top 12 Are Revealed

Tue, April 15, 2014 9:08pm EDT by 14 Comments
The Voice Playoffs Top 12
Courtesy of NBC

Ally

Posted at 9:17 AM on May 3, 2014

I just read the comments. Yes, I lost a lot of respect for Usher too! But then, how can you respect someone who steals their children away from their mother. Children should be with their mothers full time if there is a divorce. At the very least, I guess joint custody even though that’s harder for the kids because they keep getting pulled back and forth. But to take them full time because he has the power and money to pay off the judge, is disgusting. He’s never home anyway because he works all the time. Children should be with mother. He is not a good person.

Ally

Posted at 9:03 AM on May 3, 2014

I cannot believe they cut Stevie Jo. He had the best voice!!!! I was so obsessed with him singing Ushers, There goes my baby. He sang it a million times better than Usher did. I was hoping he would come out with his own CD. I would definitely buy it. I think he made a mistake by singing, The Thrill is Gone. It did not compliment his voice at all. I could listen to him sing all day. I thought he was going to win. I hope he gets a recording contract. I just don’t know what the motive was for cutting him. He was the most talented.

Kitty

Posted at 2:45 PM on April 22, 2014

Bria needs to loose the Guitar. She doesn’t even play it. Still don’t understand why she’s there and Stevie Jo is gone.

Brynne

Posted at 1:47 AM on April 19, 2014

I agree with all the Stevie Jo comments here. Stevie was my favorite to win, and I was very surprised and disappointed to see Usher let him go. He really did have a great voice and that rare charisma, and I could not wait for those qualities to really have a chance to shine through for America in the live shows. No longer watching Season 6. And lost a little respect for Usher.

Ms Simp

Posted at 1:26 AM on April 17, 2014

I didn’t like her before, but I thought Melissa was so good. I loved her version of the Beonce song.I wish she would’ve made it through.

gail

Posted at 11:56 PM on April 16, 2014

I thought he should have kept Stevie Jo to he was great that was the one I was hoping for during the whole show he was promising and I really enjoyed him. I am really bummed that was a dumb choice.

dakter

Posted at 7:54 PM on April 16, 2014

Usher should’nt hve sent steve jo back home >>> i <3 watching him n i'm quitting watching dis show

daisy

Posted at 4:46 PM on April 16, 2014

Funny- the we were laughing today at work- why..why..why did you do it Adam??? please one young and sexy guy-obviously you are not looking at the marketing value

Cindy

Posted at 4:08 PM on April 16, 2014

Stevie Jo’s preformance of “the Thrill is gone” by BB King was weak however I think Usher should have steered him away from that song choice. Clearly a bad match for his voice style. He was my favorite and I still think he was the most unique choice to win and I love his voice.My 2nd choice was Josh so I am happy to see him move on. In my opinion BIG MISTAKE to let Stevie Jo go. Bria Kelly really???

Caroline

Posted at 1:02 PM on April 16, 2014

Soooooo wrong!!! Stevie jo was the runner up to bria kelly!! What a joke!!!!!! im not watching any more :((((

Timmyyyy

Posted at 1:21 AM on April 16, 2014

Eliminating Stevie Joe is the worst decision of The Voice 2014. By Far. If you recorded it you could see Shakira and and Adam were not impressed with that choice.

Marilyn

Posted at 10:42 AM on April 16, 2014

I agree! What was he thinking? He had charisma, which is something a lot of them don’t have!!!!!!

Mister Baja

Posted at 10:33 PM on April 15, 2014

it simply depends howmuch the contenders pay……………

Debbie

Posted at 3:19 PM on April 17, 2014

TOTAL mistake to send Stevie Jo home. He was the only reason I was watching because I thought for once they may actually have an artist who can become a marketable star. He has a great personality and a GREAT voice. What a disappointment. Not watching this season any longer.