‘Game Of Thrones’ Shocking Death: Who Killed [SPOILER]?

Sun, April 13, 2014 10:10pm EDT by 69 Comments
Who Killed Joffrey Game Of Thrones
Courtesy of HBO

Mickey Kriese

Posted at 8:40 AM on April 18, 2014

Really? Maybe if you read the books you’d have all the answers you need. Pathetic.

phil

Posted at 2:10 AM on April 18, 2014

I did not read the book, so, will not read the comments. There are always jerks to spoil things in the comments. However, I feel confident that it was the knight turned fool. All I know is that I was pleasantly shocked. I was getting sick of all the Starks dying andnone of the Lannisters. Now get rid of the mother.

Blair Fleming (@Blair_Fleming)

Posted at 10:24 AM on April 17, 2014

In the books Petyr Baelish conspired with the Queen of Thorns and Ser Dontos to poison Joffrey. The poison was brought to the wedding embedded in Sansa’s hair net and dropped into Joffrey’s cup. The poison is called “the stranger” it’s very rare and makes one stop breathing (Sansa was kept out of the plan)

Lauralee Haley

Posted at 1:51 AM on April 17, 2014

In the book it is Tywin Lannister who poisoned Joffrey … And he deserved every last drop of it…it will be interesting to see if the producer’s follow the as closely as they did in the first 3 seasons…

joe

Posted at 9:06 PM on April 16, 2014

o ya another thing he had some many people that wanted him to be dead . hard to say who . but probably people that where loyal to winterfel go way to get back at him thur his wedding

joe

Posted at 9:04 PM on April 16, 2014

I don’t think it was the wine . I believe some one poised the pie . no one else ate the pie . if you where watching close . the cup he was drinking from the queen drank from to . and she did not die .

HappyJpffreysDead

Posted at 5:01 AM on April 18, 2014

That’s what i thought. i thought the dry pie was poisoned.

Hodor

Posted at 8:59 PM on April 16, 2014

It was Hodor

Ultracape

Posted at 8:36 PM on April 16, 2014

It had to be someone who had something to gain and nothing to lose by his death. That’s why I don’t think it was either of the Tyrells. If Margaery had gotten a child and given birth to a boy, an heir, then Joffrey would have been dead by either her hand or Olenna’s hand then next second. But until or unless that happened, then they would lose far more than they could gain with this. I don’t think it’s Sansa or Tyrion because neither seem like killers to me. I’d put my money on grandpa Lannister because he needed someone to rule for him, preferably sane and someone he could control, or at least someone who had the same agenda as him. He has another granddaughter and so she could possibly be heir. She’s very young and so he or Cersei could be regent.

Cline

Posted at 1:01 PM on April 16, 2014

It was little finger, lady olenna, and ser dontos mainly. The necklace had the poison in it. U can see olenna grab it and u see a piece missing after…look closely

simoneee

Posted at 10:42 AM on April 16, 2014

it was lady Olenna and Petyr Baelish who plotted this. it’s in the books?

Lauralee Haley

Posted at 5:13 AM on April 16, 2014

It was Tywin Lannoister, not a doubt in my mind…..

Cline

Posted at 1:02 PM on April 16, 2014

Nope

George

Posted at 11:04 PM on April 15, 2014

It was the old lady Olenna. She used a crystal from Sansa’s necklace which was given to her by the fool in the previous episode. You can see the old lady fondling the right end piece and then it is missing in Sansa’s close up shots.

rui

Posted at 8:50 PM on April 15, 2014

Pretty sure it was Oberyn who killed him, seeking to have revenge.

Shantel

Posted at 12:35 PM on April 15, 2014

I think it was an allergic reaction to the pie because remember when he cut the pie, they showed a clip where he killed some of the Dove’s and there was blood in the pie.

Susanna

Posted at 10:14 AM on April 15, 2014

I am wondering if it was the wine that was poisoned though… I mean he had been drinking it for a while, but it was not until that pudding that he started coughing and what not…..

masoud

Posted at 9:50 AM on April 15, 2014

Joffrey’s mother or new Queen

Joe

Posted at 4:50 AM on April 15, 2014

I’d guess that the gay guy (with the black hair) did it. The one that called Joffrey’s mother “Former Queen”

Susanna

Posted at 10:13 AM on April 15, 2014

It is possible. He hates the Lanisters enough.

Shaunoez

Posted at 4:35 AM on April 15, 2014

The necklace.
the god damn necklace.
the amount of people that were behind the death of joffrey was staggering.

Chris

Posted at 1:02 AM on April 15, 2014

Olenna Tyrell is part of it. She took a piece of Sansa’s necklace “blue gem” which had the poison. She didn’t like Joffrey.

Larry B

Posted at 12:33 AM on April 15, 2014

I think it was his mom. Look closely at her face as he dies. She “sounds and acts” devastated yet NO TEARS rolling down her face. Hmm… I think I see a trace of 1 single tear at the end but that’s about it. His mama did it !

Des

Posted at 11:28 PM on April 14, 2014

I’m thinking that maybe Cersei killed him cos he was getting outta hand and she wants to 1. get rid and frame Tyrion 2. she doesn’t like Margaery 3. She wants to remain Queen.

“Ned Stark: I’ve heard it said that poison is a woman’s weapon.
Grand Maester: Yes, women, cravens and eunuchs.” #Season1

LSB

Posted at 10:34 PM on April 14, 2014

I think the grandfather did it. As the hand of the king he will occupy the throne until the heir apears wich there is none.

Joseph McAuliffe

Posted at 10:07 PM on April 14, 2014

The Tyrells had time to poison the wine when it was handed to Margaery, she turned away with it while all eyes were on the events, it was also placed on the table in front of Lady Olenna… they knew the king was a cruel out of control boy and knew it was inevitable he would abuse Margaery.

AL

Posted at 1:26 AM on April 15, 2014

I go with the Tyrells killing Joffrey, way to go

Yo

Posted at 5:19 AM on April 15, 2014

Maybe it was that tall blonde man-looking lady… Or perhaps a conspiracy between several people?

Joseph McAuliffe

Posted at 10:02 PM on April 14, 2014

It seems to me that Lady Olenna Tyrell and Margaery Tyrell would have the most to gain… I think they may have snatched the Crown away from the Lanisters…