Ed Sheeran’s New Song Reveals Ellie Goulding Cheated With Niall Horan

Wed, April 9, 2014 2:28pm EDT by 45 Comments 101,067 Article Views

Ed Sheeran is the sweetest singer in the music biz, but he’s taking aim at an unfaithful ex in his brand new song ‘Don’t’ — and it sounds like the culprit is Ellie Goulding. Keep reading to see Ed’s lyrics, plus, what he had to say about the cheating scandal!

Poor Ed Sheeran! The lovable lyricist is upset over a cheating ex, and he took to his music to express his heartache. But what could really make the song hit platinum is that he’s singing about Ellie Goulding! Even more scandalous? Ed believes that Ellie was cheating on him with One Direction‘s Niall Horan!

Ed Sheeran’s ‘Don’t’ Lyrics Fuel The Fire On Ellie Goulding Cheating Rumors

Ed Sheeran and Ellie Goulding were a short lived item, but apparently their relationship took a toll on Ed. The “Sing” hit-maker took to his music to express a past situation, in which a singer ex-girlfriend cheated on him, and fans believe that the said ex is Ellie Goulding.

“I never saw him as a threat, ’til you ­disappeared with him to have sex,” Ed sings in his new lyrics from his upcoming X album, out June 23.  The song continues, “If I show courtesy and respect to someone, I expect to receive it.”

Ed didn’t only sound off in his lyrics. He also spoke on the record to Billboard about his “Don’t” lyrics, adding more fuel to the fire.

“The last album was more young and dewy-eyed and innocent. I’ve still got very nice songs on this record. But some of them are bite-y,” Ed told the magazine. “The story in ‘Don’t’ is 100 percent true. I could have gotten nastier – there was more shit that I didn’t put in.”

Ouch! Tell it like it is, Ed!

Did Ellie Goulding Cheat On Ed With Niall Horan?

Not only did Ed tell Billboard that his new song talks about a cheating ex, but he also confirmed that his former flame was fooling around with one of his friends!

“I was seeing someone for a bit of time, and then they ended up physically involved with one of my friends in the same hotel that we were staying in, while I was downstairs,” he said. “And I feel like: Treat people how you want to be treated.”

According to the Daily Mail, fans have been buzzing about an alleged hook-up between Ellie and Niall Horan! The two reportedly hooked up at V Festival just days before the 2013 VMAs.

But the One Direction member is denying the rumors. He tweeted a very telling message to his 17.9 million followers, which has us wondering, is he talking about the Ed and Ellie saga?

Back in September 2013, after the Ed was spotted holding hands with Ellie at the 2013 MTV VMAs, Ed confirmed that he was indeed dating Ellie, telling Washington radio station Click 98.9, “I mean, normal people don’t hold hands if they’re just friends.” He also added that they had since broke up after being linked together during the summer. “It was going on. And now it’s not.”

HollywoodLifers, what do you think about this rumored love triangle? Do you think Ed is singing about Ellie? Do you think that Ellie cheated on Ed? And did Ellie actually hook up with Niall? Let us know!

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More Ed Sheeran News:

1. Ed Sheeran Teams Up With Pharrell For Sexy New Song ‘Sing’ — Listen

2. Ed Sheeran Serenaded Teenage Fan As She Took Her Dying Breath

3. Ed Sheeran Wants ‘Passionate’ Collaboration With Taylor Swift & One Direction

Claire

Posted at 7:23 AM on July 16, 2014

I honestly think that she cheated on him with Niall. Niall may not have been told what was going on between the two at the time or ellie just thought it was just a friends with benfits thing and slept with niall, we don’t know. But what really annoys me is all of the one direction fans coming on here saying that Niall can do no wrong. Yes he can. He is a human being and he is not perfect. Nobody is perfect.

Vanessa Damiano

Posted at 5:12 PM on July 8, 2014

One.Dirction. Niall Can you com my house
September 12 sleepover.

Niall Horan

Posted at 5:20 PM on July 8, 2014

Umm…Vanessa….I’d love to, really I would but I have a really busy schedule and besides I don’t even know where you live…sorry but I guess I’ll leave you with a maybe? Would it just be you or would there be other people?

Niall Horan

Posted at 12:12 PM on July 7, 2014

That’s right people I’m the real Nialler and I saw this please take it back

Mychaela Jade

Posted at 12:39 PM on July 10, 2014

I highly doubt that a pop star would spend is free time on a hollywood gossip site.

Niall Horan

Posted at 1:51 PM on July 11, 2014

Well…..why not? It’s something to do when your bored like right now I’m on here posting a comment with my guitar in hand and sports tv on. Right now I’m teaching myself how to play sweet home Alabama….so easy!

ThatChick

Posted at 11:45 AM on June 22, 2014

People are actually willing to justify cheating, wow. Just because you think they won’t, doesn’t mean they won’t (plus you don’t even know Niall or whatever his name his name personally. You only know what he wants you to know.) Can’t wait for the X to come out tomorrow and the rest of the bite-y song ;)

Niall Horan

Posted at 12:19 PM on July 7, 2014

Hello……umm I know you probably won’t believe it but I really am the real Niall and we never cheated pls take back what you said, eh?

Alyssa A.

Posted at 8:42 PM on July 13, 2014

Oh please, you’re not the real Niall! Just stop, okay? Trying to usurp a celebrity’s identity online? Wow, don’t you have something better to do? Obviously not. And besides, anyone can type in the name “Niall Horan” and say that they’re the real Niall -________-

Katia Cunninghsm

Posted at 8:44 PM on July 13, 2014

Exactly

Katia Cunningham

Posted at 12:55 AM on June 18, 2014

I don’t know these people personally but it seems to me that Ed is writing about a heartbreak because of a possible cheating. Taylor Swift does the same thing in her songs, she doesn’t tell you who she’s writing about all the time but celebrities need inspiration to write about, so if they are inspired by a recent break up, then that’s great! I think I’m just happy that they keep writing. If every artist was thinking about the other person’s feelings all the time, then there would be no new music. Plus, most songs have to do with love or breakups. I’m also not going to accuse Elli Goulding of cheating with Niall because Ed hasn’t even told anyone about who the mysterious friend was. Did he hint that Ellie cheated with Niall, because I want to know exactly why everyone says it was with Niall. It could’ve been Harry.

Niall Horan

Posted at 12:21 PM on July 7, 2014

Umm thx for saying it might not be me but why did you say it could be Harry? None of us 1D guys did it

Alex

Posted at 11:13 PM on June 7, 2014

I thing ed and Ellie had a friends with Benefits thing going on that no one knew about. And Ed thought that what they had was more than that, but they never made things official. And then Ellie went and slept with Niall. Which wasn’t his fault because nobody knew that there was something going on between Ellie and Ed. And that’s what I think happened.

Niall Horan

Posted at 12:28 PM on July 7, 2014

I never slept with Ellie

Hallo!

Posted at 8:43 PM on July 13, 2014

You’re right. And I highly doubt you ever will. BECAUSE YOU’RE NOT THE REAL NIALL.

Mee

Posted at 5:44 AM on June 1, 2014

Eds album isn’t pronounced “ex” it’s pronounced “multiply” shows how much they know.

Sam J.

Posted at 2:53 AM on May 31, 2014

This is not what I call cheating.

boobs

Posted at 3:55 PM on May 28, 2014

sry but ima have to go with niall on this one

ren

Posted at 5:01 PM on May 16, 2014

why is it that Harry styles and Taylor swift were involved hahaha

Amanda

Posted at 8:37 PM on April 25, 2014

I’m obviously not in their inner circle and I’m sure no one but those involved know the whole story but to me it seemed like they were just friends who fooled around and he probably thought that it was more than she thought it was..

El

Posted at 11:25 AM on April 15, 2014

How he does turn into Taylor Swift…

anon

Posted at 10:01 AM on April 18, 2014

OMFG PEOPLE SHOULD STOP SAYING THAT. IF YOU DONT WANT BAD THINGS WRITTEN ABOUT YOU DONT DO BAD THINGS.

Tori

Posted at 12:22 AM on May 5, 2014

i am dying this just made my life

Hannah

Posted at 3:29 PM on April 10, 2014

ed was talking about the song waaay before his flink/think with ellie. i guess its about nina nesbitt

Sarah

Posted at 11:53 AM on April 27, 2014

All the inferences point toward Ellie but I wonder….perhaps. Guess we’ll never know until Ed himself tells us..if he ever does…

CE

Posted at 3:10 PM on April 10, 2014

The interesting thing about Ellie and Ed is that Ed definitely implied that he had something with Ellie, but never specified if it was long-term or committed, and Ellie has specifically denied twice that she and Ed were together. Either she’s outright lying or those two weren’t on the same page about what they were doing. I don’t think Niall is oblivious enough to be publicly seen with Ellie like he was around the VMAs if he knew she was cheating on Ed with him, so either nothing happened, or Ellie told Niall she was available.

boobs

Posted at 3:54 PM on May 28, 2014

ikr what chick lets her guy friend, who also claimed to be dating her, feel up her leg? sounds like a prick tease

dunjav2013

Posted at 11:14 AM on April 10, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Selena Jon

Posted at 9:42 AM on April 10, 2014

Since I started with my online business I earn $58 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.

>>>>>>>> HECK44.COM

Quynh Anh

Posted at 9:34 AM on April 10, 2014

No way Niall’s gonna do that!

Sarah

Posted at 11:47 AM on April 27, 2014

Exactly my thoughts! Either he didn’t know of them dating or didn’t do it at all!! He is too big to even do that to his own friend…

Niall Horan

Posted at 12:30 PM on July 7, 2014

Thank you! I wouldn’t!

Bushra

Posted at 8:58 AM on April 10, 2014

My baby can’t do this he is loyal with his friends he can’t cheat on his friends no matter wat happens i’ll always luv ya niall foreva

Sarah

Posted at 11:47 AM on April 27, 2014

Just wanna say that I totally agree. :)

Niall Horan

Posted at 12:31 PM on July 7, 2014

Thx ;)

Amber

Posted at 8:00 PM on April 9, 2014

Ed is going to tell it like it is. The best songwriters write from personal experience. Writing about breakups is the one of the most common themes of songs. Just about every song writer out there has written a breakup song.

Lea

Posted at 4:01 PM on April 9, 2014

i am a huge ed fan and i cant wait for the album.i just hope ed doesnt became like taylor swift, only writing (nasty things) about her exes.

Amber

Posted at 7:54 PM on April 9, 2014

That is a stupid comment. Are some idiot or just under 10 years old? Taylor doesn’t write just breakup songs. Most of them aren’t break up songs, but if it is a break up song, you can be sure she is going tell it exactly like it is. If sounds mean, well, the guy should have acted better.

SophiaRobyn

Posted at 4:58 PM on April 10, 2014

Are you denying the rumors that Taylor is controlling and that it may be the reason why they break up with her/she has to break up with them? Just saying

Amber

Posted at 12:04 AM on April 11, 2014

@SophiaRobyn That is a pretty ignorant statement for you to make. You believe any tabloid trash don’t you? Taylor has learned to walk away from her bad relationships. That is directly quoted from her. Harry and Jake both tried to get back with her, and she wouldn’t take them back. Harry was still trying to get back with her recently. Their mutual friends and family know this, and some of their biggest fans do too. Harry has been quoted as saying she is a nice person, and they are still very much friends, and socialize in the same circles, quietly, with mutual friends. Both Harry and Taylor are good at hiding their private lives now. A girl who walks away is not controlling. BTW, all that award show drama was just that. Her words were really about John Mayer, since that is who IKYWT is about.

lmao

Posted at 1:09 AM on April 13, 2014

LMAO honey, in regards to your comment about sophiarobyn believing tabloid trash…you are so beyond gullible if you believe harry and taylor were anything more than a pr relationship. seems to me like you’re the one who needs to stop believe tabloids and start using your brain.

Savs

Posted at 8:45 PM on April 13, 2014

Ed Sheeran is a hundred times the musician Taylor Swift will ever be. Taylor Swift slut shames and it’s downright ridiculous. So if girls wear “short skirts” and are “cheer captain”, they automatically are sluts and steal guys right out from under other girls? No. And don’t even get me started on “Better than Revenge”. The line “She’s better known for the things that she does on the mattress” is HORRIBLE. It’s sickening that girls belief Taylor Swift is some big feminist when she is outright shaming women for what they do with their bodies. At least these girls Taylor slut shames are taking control of their sexuality, unlike her who seems to be emotionally stunted to that of a thirteen year old.

anon

Posted at 10:03 AM on April 18, 2014

Stop saying that, if you dont want bad songs written about you dont do nasty things. Ed already said hes going to treat people the way you want to be treated, and that writing about a relationship will come if you date a songwriter, so dont do bad things.

Sarah

Posted at 11:50 AM on April 27, 2014

Agreed!!! He’s a songwriter, duh he’ll write songs. Personal experience is a great tool and if Ellie really did do that, she deserves to have that song written about her. People are so fussy these days.. ;)

arlenedramsey (@arlenedramsey)

Posted at 3:08 PM on April 9, 2014

my best friend’s sister-in-law makes $71 /hr on the internet . She has been fired for 7 months but last month her paycheck was $19042 just working on the internet for a few hours. go right here……………
WWW.j­­­o­­­B­­s­­­3­­­­3­­­­­3.C­O­M