Vance McAllister: Congressman Caught Kissing Staffer On Video

Tue, April 8, 2014 9:08am EST by 10 Comments

Don’t you know that someone’s always watching, Mr. Congressman? The very married Louisiana Republican is in a ton of hot water after a security cam caught him full-on making out with one of his aides, just a couple days before Christmas. Keep reading to see the shocking clip, as well as Vance’s emotional apology!

By now you’d think politicians would be more careful about their affairs, but on April 7 yet another congressman was caught with his pants down (not literally, but almost). Louisiana Republican Vance McAllister, 40, landed himself in hot water after a video surfaced showing him kissing one of his staff members, who is also married.

Vance McAllister: Congressman Caught Making Out With Married Aide

Taken on Dec. 23, the video is security footage that shows Vance locked in a heated embrace with Melissa Anne Hixon Peacock, 33, his district scheduler, according to the Ouachita Citizen. Melissa is reportedly married, as is Vance, who wed with his wife in 1997. The video was sent to the Citizen by an anonymous source.

Vance has had a long connection to Melissa and her family, the Citizen reports. Both Melissa and her husband contributed to Vance’s campaign, and the congressman worked at and attended the same high school as Melissa’s husband.

Vance McAllister: ‘I’ve Fallen Short’

Knowing that he’d been caught redhanded after the video surfaced, Vance, who ironically ran on a strong family values platform in November, went into major damage control.

“There’s no doubt I’ve fallen short and I’m asking for forgiveness from God, my wife, my kids, my staff, and my constituents who elected me to serve,” Vance said in a statement. It continued:

Trust is something I know has to be earned whether you’re a husband, a father, or a congressman. I promise to do everything I can to earn back the trust of everyone I’ve disappointed. From day one, I’ve always tried to be an honest man. I ran for Congress to make a difference and not to just be another politician. I don’t want to make a political statement on this. I would just simply like to say that I’m very sorry for what I’ve done. While I realize I serve the public, I would appreciate the privacy given to my children as we get through this.

Since being elected, Vance has garnered media attention for his close relationship with the Robertson family of Duck Dynasty, and also for telling The Shreveport Times that he thought his new Washington gig “sucks.” We’re sure Vance thinks this situation sucks more though.

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Scandals:

1. James Franco: Why He Apologized For Instagram Flirting Scandal
  2. Katy Perry & John Mayer Split For Good After Cheating Scandal
  3. Jackie Chamoun, Vanessa Hudgens & 5 More Shocking Nude Pic Scandals

Bruno V.

Posted at 5:00 PM on April 10, 2014

I want to be a congressman!!!

quillerm

Posted at 8:26 AM on April 9, 2014

Democrat Senator Leland Yee was caught in a FBI sting selling arms to terrorists, and other serious crimes, but the media is covering a kiss by a Republican! Insane or just bias?

borntomotivate

Posted at 1:50 AM on April 9, 2014

If you’re gonna talk the talk……you better walk the walk! The ego of some of these politicians is unbelievable.

Vicki Ladigo-Furgison

Posted at 9:40 PM on April 8, 2014

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Fire them both. I am not paying taxes so the congressman can engage in an affair.

Angela Odom

Posted at 7:35 PM on April 8, 2014

Practice what you preach….that’s all. Don’t talk about it if you are not about it!

dunjav2013

Posted at 2:40 PM on April 8, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

Mel Raimis

Posted at 2:30 PM on April 8, 2014

that chick’s not that hot—with all his power in DC, he can go a lot younger and hotter than her—he needs to up the quality level of the women he’s doing on the side!!!

Jacky Maguireuro

Posted at 1:59 PM on April 8, 2014

$87 an hour! Seriously I don’t know why more people haven’t tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Heres where I went

,>>>>>>>>W.DOESJOBS.C

tuftelpevcn

Posted at 11:42 AM on April 8, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixëdLuv.Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful.Have a try.cvcvmreru

Mister Baja

Posted at 10:33 AM on April 8, 2014

I tell you ike it is: DN’T TRUST GUY’S WITH A WHISKER.