‘The Little Couple’ Recap: Jen Finally Finishes Her Intense Chemotherapy

Tue, April 8, 2014 10:30pm EDT by 10 Comments

On the April 8 episode of ‘The Little Couple,’ Jen finally gets the news that she has waited months to hear — she is officially cancer free! After undergoing rigorous chemotherapy treatment, the mother of two is able to celebrate her final visit when Bill and the kids surprise her in the hospital.

Dr. Jennifer Arnold  finally got the news that she waited four months to hear — she is cancer free! After four long months of chemotherapy,  Jen received a clean bill of health. Husband Bill Klein and their two kids, Zoey and Will, were of course on hand to celebrate the good news on the April 8 episode of The Little Couple.

Jen Receives A Clean Bill Of Health

Jen’s life was turned upside down when she was suddenly diagnosed with cancer, but now the reality star and mom of two can return to her normal life, thanks to her clean bill of health. Jen was overjoyed to hear that she was cancer free, but of course all of her worry was not taken away.

“I’m definitely looking forward to getting back to work and walking into the hospital as a physician instead of a patient, but I don’t think it’s just going to be the flip of a switch,” Jen explains during the episode. “I think it’s going to be a transition time. Hopefully this is just knocking down one of the big stress’ in our lives, and hopefully moving on to some more fun times.”

Jen and Bill entered the hospital one last time to undergo the final round of chemotherapy. Of course, upon completion, the entire family came to congratulate and celebrate with Jen — complete with flowers, balloons and  Will’s favorite treat, cake!

Once the kids left to go back home with their nanny, Jen and Bill were able to talk privately and Jen was able to thank her wonderful, supportive husband for the strength he has shown and given her over the last few months.

“The only reason I could have any strength and courage is because of you. You’ve been my rock through this whole time,” Jen tells Bill in an emotional private moment. “When I’m crying miserable in bed at night, you rub my back and make me feel better. You support me, you tell me everything is going to be okay. It’s been harder as it’s gone on, and you’ve just been getting stronger despite it all. You take care of it all, you take care of me and the kids.”

Wow. These two are really so in love, and definitely in it for the long run. What a lucky couple they are!

Jen Gets To ‘Ring The Bell’

Hands down the best moment of the episode is when Jen gets to ring the bell.

“When you ring the bell, it essentially signifies that you are done. You are cancer free, you’re in remission,” Jen explains, letting us know why ringing the bell is so important. “You don’t need any more chemotherapy. It is a day to celebrate, and we had a couple of folks there that have been really instrumental in my care as a patient.”

Finally, the cancer is gone! Jen, forever being the optimistic, bounces right back. In fact, she quickly agrees to be a keynote speaker in San Francisco — just ten days after her final round of chemo was completed. Nothing can hold this inspiring woman back!

This chapter is finally over, and now the entire family can move on and put this cancer behind them!

Jen Is Thrilled About The ‘Bright Future’ Ahead Of Her

Even though she is cancer free, Jen admits that her cancer scare really taught her something important about life.

“I want to enjoy life a little bit more, and I want to stress a little less,” Jen confessed. “I don’t want to be any less productive, but having gone through this I’ve realized that life is short and I think I just want to better embrace life and not feel like it’s passing me by.”

That is a great lesson to take from such a scary experience, don’t you think?

We could not be happier for Jen and the entire Klein family! She has been through so much these last few months, and we are so excited that she will be able to focus on returning to her normal life as a mom of two. Bill has been so wonderful throughout Jen’s sickness, he truly was her rock. Hopefully Jen can now take some time to relax and hang out with her newly expanded family.

What do YOU think, HollyMoms? Have you been watching this season of The Little Couple? Should Jen go to San Francisco so soon after being sick? Let us know your thoughts below!

– Caitlin Beck

More ‘The Little Couple’ News:

1. ‘The Little Couple’: How Our Kids Helped Jen Heal During Cancer Scare
  2. ‘The Little Couple’s’ Jen Arnold: Why I Shared My ‘Struggle’ With Cancer
  3. ‘The Little Couple’ Recap: Jen Fears Her Cancer May Ruin Christmas

drarvindkumar.com

Posted at 6:34 AM on April 12, 2014

Dear Jen, I would really like to wish you all the very best. Also thing that I always admire as a fact is – What we survive, Defines Us…….

Susan Angel MeStar

Posted at 6:08 PM on April 11, 2014

Congratulations on being cancer free! I was praying for you too I’m happy for your new family YOU are an awesome woman and your husband is the same way!

Sandy S

Posted at 7:12 PM on April 10, 2014

Jen, congrats on beating cancer! You are very courageous. I had ovarian cancer five years ago and then two years later a heart attack. I think the chemo may of caused the heart attack we don’t know. But I’m grateful for the chemo and I’m grateful for the blessings and exsperance. Because like you, it changed my life. I thank our Father in Heaven everyday that I’m healed, and I enjoy every single day for my health! Look you I had great support from my wonderful husband. He too was and is my rock. I had a port in my shoulder as well as my stomach area, I can’t remember the correct name of the area.☺️ Like you, the longer I had the chemo, the harder it was. I had acupuncture that helped me through the side effects. One thing that has hung on is neuropathy in my feet. Other than that, I am in fantastic health! Lift free weights 4 days a week and have great energy. Thank you and your family for your great example! We love watching your lovely family each week.

Nancy D

Posted at 1:59 AM on April 10, 2014

Jen and Bill, as a 13 yr Breast Cancer Survivor, I couldn’t prevent the tears as you went through all the hell that Chemo Brings… You both were so incredibly strong! I had to go it alone, and would have loved to have a rock as Bill was for you…. the closest thing to a rock I had, was just a little pebble aged 4. He didn’t understand it all, but he laid down with me when I wasn’t feeling well and tried to comfort me the best he could… he is now 16 soon to be 17 and he does remember some of it; but not much; however, I REMEMBER it all. I am so proud of the two of you for sharing your struggle through this miserable trail we cancer patients have to tread…God Bless you and keep you Cancer Free. We are now Sisters in Cancer…. Lots of Love to you both! Nancy D

Christin Moffitt (@MarineMomChris)

Posted at 7:05 PM on April 9, 2014

Of all of the many, many happy and wonderful episodes of your family’s journey, this was by far the most poignant, the most inspiring, the most wonderful outcome possible. Illness stretches relationships so thin, and too often they do not survive the stress. That you have such love and admiration for each other, that you recognize Bill’s efforts and pain, that you communicate and listen to each other – these are the things of a great marriage and a life complete family unit. The best of all futures to you both.

Elaine Poss

Posted at 10:16 AM on April 9, 2014

Jen, You may be only just over 3 feet tall but you are an inspiration to the tallest person alive. You have shown more strength and courage than anyone else could have. You have been through 2 adoptions and now this. I am so happy that you are doing well and I will be praying for you each day. You go girl!!!!

Lynn

Posted at 10:14 AM on April 9, 2014

This is my absolute favorite couple on TV, along with their adorable family! I wish it was on earlier so many others could join in and view this amazing couple as they go through this journey of adopting two children and Jen dealing with cancer. I honestly am in awe over the love they have in this family…we should all take notice. I look forward to many more episodes…this is worth watching..best thing on TV!! Best of everything to you Jen!! Many well wishes coming your way!

Judy bachart

Posted at 3:07 AM on April 9, 2014

This show makes me smile, even with Jens health issues I still enjoy the wonderful family they have become. Hope they let us enjoy them for a long time. I have gone through three years of lung cancer treatments, (38 radiations, 24 cocktail infusions and another year, ever three weeks of avastin therapy treatments.) worth every minute of it…we are soo lucky to have the Drs. and meds.offered today. So to Jen, stay healthy so you can encourage the people that you will inspire. That is my goal, and that ,in itself ,makes me strong. As SURVIVORS we are the ones to thank God for our time with our children ,family and friends. Share our message when someone needs to believe their life is worth fighting for and we can win. Your viewer smiler. Judy bachart

ruthmoseley

Posted at 3:06 AM on April 9, 2014

til I saw the bank draft ov $7073 , I be certain …that…my friend was actualie making money in there spare time at their computer. . there neighbour started doing this 4 less than six months and just took care of the dept on there place and got a brand new Mitsubishi Evo . pop over to this website
>>>>>>>> WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:13 PM on April 8, 2014

so they now lived happy ever after?