Peaches Geldof: ‘At Risk Of Cardiac Arrest’ Because Of Odd Diet

Tue, April 8, 2014 7:37am EDT by 24 Comments

After authorities allegedly revealed on April 7 that Peaches’ tragic death didn’t appear to be an overdose or a suicide, the coroner is exploring the possibility that the 25-year-old mother of two died of natural causes. A day later, a new report now claims that Peaches’ was at serious risk because of her diet, which consisted solely of juiced vegetables.

The entertainment world is still searching for answers two days after 25-year-old mother of two Peaches Geldof died suddenly on April 6, and with no evidence indicating the most obvious possible causes of death — suicide or a drug overdose — a new report alleges that Peaches may have put herself at risk because of a strict diet.

Peaches Geldof Killed By Her Diet?

Peaches revealed in 2011 that she had started dieting by living off nothing but vegetable juices for weeks at a time, in an effort to shed baby weight after giving birth to her two young sons 13 months apart. “I do juicing. You juice vegetables and then you drink it three times a day. It’s gross. I do it usually for about a month,” Peaches told OK! magazine.

Peaches Geldof: Friends Were Worried About Her Shocking Weight Loss

Peaches Geldof: Pregnancies Could Have Caused Sudden Death

“I have days when I wake up and think, ‘I’m so fat,'” Peaches added in the interview.

Sadly, Peaches’ intense weight-loss efforts may have unwittingly been putting her life at risk. “Surviving on fruit is a very dangerous diet,” Cath Collins, a spokeswoman for the British Dietetic Association, told Mail Online at the time in 2011. “Peaches is at high risk of electrolyte abnormalities which could lead to acute cardiac arrest. It is what kills anorexics.”

Peaches Geldof’s Bad Childhood: Why She Embraced Attachment Parenting

So could this explain why Peaches died at such a young age?

Peaches Geldof’s Death ‘Unexplanined & Sudden’

Answers have been hard to find so far in the wake of Peaches’ tragic death. Police told HollywoodLife.com that “the death is being treated as an unexplained and sudden death,” and later a report claimed that police did not find any “hard drugs” or “suicide note” at the scene, according to Mail Online, leading authorities to believe that her death was from natural causes.

But something unusual — like Peaches’ odd diet — must be at play, because there is seemingly nothing “natural” about a healthy-looking 25-year-old dying suddenly.

Our thoughts continue to be with Peaches’ loved ones during this difficult time.

– Andrew Gruttadaro

More Peaches Geldof News:

1. Peaches Geldof’s Last Interview Before Death: ‘I Won’t Let My Boys Down’
  2. Peaches Geldof Dies: Simon Cowell, Lorde, & More Mourn Tragic Loss
  3. Peaches Geldof’s Last Moments With Her Two Children — Pics & Video

yujuni

Posted at 4:32 AM on April 9, 2014

Peaches Geldof was plain murdered as many people surrounding her know. She exposed many pedophiles, some of them famous names, just 5 months ago before she was murdered on her tweets. Please do research. Tragic death of a brave young woman.

DWTS

Posted at 10:29 AM on April 9, 2014

where can i find info to prove your statement. WOW did not know this.

spencer

Posted at 10:59 AM on April 9, 2014

you can’t because it’s not true.

ruthmoseley

Posted at 2:49 AM on April 9, 2014

til I saw the bank draft ov $7073 , I be certain …that…my friend was actualie making money in there spare time at their computer. . there neighbour started doing this 4 less than six months and just took care of the dept on there place and got a brand new Mitsubishi Evo . pop over to this website

>>>>>>>> WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

Twigg Cheryl

Posted at 3:39 AM on April 9, 2014

my best friend’s half-sister makes $62 /hour on the internet . She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her income was $20290 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this website
=======================================
>>>>>>­­­­­­­ W­WW.­WORKBARR­­­.C­­­OM­­­­

Anakin (@grindinghalt)

Posted at 1:04 AM on April 9, 2014

lets get something straight here, sudden death at 25 is NOT “natural causes” JS

You dummy

Posted at 1:24 AM on April 9, 2014

You obviously don’t understand the meaning of the term “natural causes.”

Anon

Posted at 11:23 PM on April 8, 2014

SO! Her loving husband was gone with their two children, leaving Peaches behind. Peaches, who was absolutely attached to her children and seemed to be spending every moment she wasn’t working – with the children. WHY was Tom gone with the children…..? I smell foul play. Sorry. Insurance? Beneficiary?

JP

Posted at 7:08 PM on April 28, 2014

He was gone with one of their children the other was with her. They didn’t say why. If she was sick from looks of probably shouldn’t have been left alone or in that place to begin with or be be caring for the children. But care for herself so then could be strong for them. In interview said wouldn’t let them down but hen dieted or went to extremes to be that for her unnaturally thin. Seems incredibly selfish.

Jayne

Posted at 7:04 PM on April 8, 2014

So which was it? Vegetable or fruit juices? You quote both in this article.

paz

Posted at 4:20 PM on April 8, 2014

everyone is an expert now. why not wait until they release the autopsy results first…wow

Red Sonja

Posted at 2:59 PM on April 8, 2014

Diet can’t kill you suddenly, either. She would have been sick and weak for weeks and then died which is not the case.

Jacky Maguireuro

Posted at 1:58 PM on April 8, 2014

$87 an hour! Seriously I don’t know why more people haven’t tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Heres where I went

,>>>>>>>>WW.DOESJOBS.C

tuftelpevcn

Posted at 11:45 AM on April 8, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixëdLuv.Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful.Have a try.cvncvn

Mister Baja

Posted at 10:49 AM on April 8, 2014

people stop seeig things clear while using this diet.
others just die.

Wilma Faynes

Posted at 10:32 AM on April 8, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister makes $71 an hour on the laptop . She has been laid off for nine months but last month her income was $20857 just working on the laptop for a few hours. try this website CashStaff.com

Ellie

Posted at 10:25 AM on April 8, 2014

well, my take is this…young just had two babies back to back…postpartum depression, her extreme dieting, are possible factors. Remember Mary Fran ( from the second Newhart show) she did extreme exercising and dieting and took some meds to get the weigh off. She died from a heart attack in her early fifties. Celebs do weird stuff to look good. Its sad but, it happens.

coco

Posted at 9:27 AM on April 8, 2014

I thought, when looking at very recent photos of Ms. Geldof, that she looked unnaturally thin and thought that anorexia may be at play. I’m so very sorry that nobody was advising her of the dangers of wanting to be thinner than your body wants to be. It’s so hard to be a woman who feels that she must be razor thin. My heart goes out to her family who love her so very much. So sad.

battlefield 1942 hacks

Posted at 9:06 AM on April 8, 2014

I am extremely inspired with your writing abilities and also
with the format on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it your self?

Either way keep up the excellent quality writing,
it is rare to peer a great blog like this one these days..

Lisa Williams

Posted at 8:42 AM on April 8, 2014

Pity the fast food giants are going to profit from speculation that a veg juice diet can kill. I drink juiced veg every day and am strict vegan, no longer have the health probs I used to have and have not one ailment. On the other hand, I’m not anorexic or bulimic. It’s not the fruit and veg that kill, it’s the senseless extremes of attempting to lose weight. Peaches could also have died from kidney or liver failure from prescription drugs taken to combat a condition left by previous street drug abuse.

CelticQ

Posted at 11:14 AM on April 8, 2014

Exactly. I’m vegan, and my diet is more varied than my omnivore friends (many of whom live off of processed foods). I don’t juice that often; however, I do live on fruits,vegetables, (a little) grain, beans, nuts, and seeds. I’m in better health now than ever before. I think perhaps the problem involving Peaches’ health was one of too-severe dietary restriction. Whether that involves just drinking vegetables or just eating meat, the result is the same: A lack of balance that poses a threat to one’s well-being. My sympathies to her family. What a terrible loss for them.

Nate

Posted at 12:28 PM on April 8, 2014

me too , I am healthier than ever , my weight is great , I agree veganism is not necessarily if you eat junk , but if you eat raw food 80% percent of time you will be healthy for sure . and most important it’s good for animals and environment :)

catalinda8

Posted at 12:46 PM on April 8, 2014

I find it very hard to believe that a veggie juice diet could kill anyone. It had to be something else.

Patty

Posted at 3:50 PM on April 8, 2014

I read somewhere else that on top of her strict diet, which I juice all the time and feel very healthy, she exercised excessively and would spend up to 4 hours a day in a sauna. It’s too bad though that THIS story will get the attention.