Peaches Geldof’s Last Interview Before Death: ‘I Won’t Let My Boys Down’

Mon, April 7, 2014 5:57pm EDT by 12 Comments

Less than one month before her sudden death, Peaches Geldof spoke to a magazine about her relationship with her children. The 25-year-old mother of two stated that having her children healed her, and that she would not let them down for ‘anyone or anything.’ So sad.

Peaches Geldof, 25, spoke openly about her struggle with becoming a mom and how it eventually changed her life for the better just one month before her death.

Peaches Last Interview Before Sudden Death

In an interview with Mother & Baby magazine, Peaches gushed about her two boys — Astala, 23 months and Phaedra, 11 months. The haunting interview took place less than one month before her sudden death, according to Daily Mail.

The 25-year-old mother of two openly spoke about her “unstable” childhood, and claimed that even though having children “broke” her, it eventually led to her soul’s healing.

“Becoming a mother was like becoming me, finally,’ Peaches shared. “After years of struggling to know myself, feeling lost at sea, rudderless and troubled, having babies through which to correct the multiple mistakes of my own traumatic childhood was beyond healing.”

Peaches also stated that no matter what, she would never let her children down. Sadly, she will no longer be present in their lives to keep her word.

“I felt finally anchored in place, with lives that literally depend on me, and I am not about to let them down, not for anyone or anything.”

Peaches Was Very Into ‘Attachment Parenting’

During the heartbreaking interview, Peaches also reveals that she is a fan of attachment parenting.

Apparently, the mother of two truly believed that attachment parenting allowed her to properly respond to her childrens needs as they continued to grow.

This meant that Peaches allowed her babies to sleep in the same bed every night, and was also prepared to breastfeed longer than usual.

– Lauren Cox

More Peaches Geldof News:

1. Peaches Geldof’s Last Moments With Her Two Children — Pics & Video
  2. Peaches Geldof Dead At 25: See Her Life In Pics
  3. Peaches Geldof Dies: Simon Cowell, Lorde, & More Mourn Tragic Loss

Lucy

Posted at 5:27 AM on April 9, 2014

We as the public don’t know anything and that’s how it should be.The autopsy will give a reason for the death so speculating is a waste of time.A young women has died leaving two little boys without a mum.I dread to think how theyd feel to see all the awful things being said about her right now,and probably will when theyre older.Journalism is no more than gossip now.

jamesahoskins (@jamesahoskins1)

Posted at 3:19 PM on April 8, 2014

my best friend’s half-sister makes $62 /hour on the internet . She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her income was $20290 just working on the internet for a few hours. try this website
=======================================
>>>>>>­­­­­­­ W­WW.­WORKS12­­­.C­­­OM­­­­
=======================================

James Medeiros

Posted at 3:14 PM on April 8, 2014

=======================================
>>>>>>­­­­­­­ W­WW.­WORKBARR­­­.C­­­OM­­­­
=======================================

Jacky Maguireuro

Posted at 2:00 PM on April 8, 2014

$87 an hour! Seriously I don’t know why more people haven’t tried this, I work two shifts, 2 hours in the day and 2 in the evening…And whats awesome is Im working from home so I get more time with my kids. Heres where I went

,>>>>>>>>W.DOESJOBS.C

mariawstallworth (@mariawstallwort)

Posted at 1:09 PM on April 8, 2014

my buddy’s step-aunt makes $82 hourly on the internet . She has been out of work for five months but last month her paycheck was $16606 just working on the internet for a few hours. you could try here…………
w­w­­w­.­j­o­b­s­3­3­3­.­C­o­M

rapidcolon (@rapidcolon)

Posted at 12:51 PM on April 8, 2014

I basically make about………$6,000k-$8,000k a month online………. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old jobs income, especially considering I only work about 10-13 hours a week from home. go to this site home tab for more detail ..WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­9­­2­­­­­.C­O­M

Scallywagandvagabond (@ScallywagNYC)

Posted at 6:43 AM on April 8, 2014

Is it possible that Peaches Geldof lived two very distinct lives. One for the public, feeding off her family’s glam and notoriety and one for herself where she reeled from it in self sabotage which included extreme dieting and a predilection towards anorexia?

Was this years in the making or just a final decision that she could not bear it all anymore, the facade, the heart ache and the dichotomy she had become….and from where she had risen as she increasingly chose to abstain from even eating…?

Suzette Botes

Posted at 2:44 AM on April 8, 2014

All people dream at one stage about falling, but wake up before they reach the ground or a vein exsploding in the brain.

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:13 AM on April 8, 2014

anotr responsible mother in america?

cheryl

Posted at 9:25 PM on April 7, 2014

It’s sad for those kids. Her mother before she became self destructive had a similar philosophy about parenting. But you need to fix your life for yourself, sounds selfish but having kids isn’t a fix all. Yes it is wonderful but you should be in a good place yourself to be a parent.

JJ

Posted at 7:40 PM on April 7, 2014

So, HL…who in the world is this girl?? Never heard of her before.

As far as attachment parenting goes though…give me a break. What a stupid concept.

JJ76

Posted at 12:27 PM on April 8, 2014

Attachment parenting is a common concept amongst lots of mums I myself practice this type it means attending to my childs needs and wants- if they want carrying all day then so be it I carried them when cooking cleaning I had them wrapped to me. When they want Mum at night they were in my bed co sleeping. My six year old no longer wants to be carried the almost two year old cannot stand being in our bed – he may come for a cuddle but will clamber back into his cot when he is done and the smallest still likes both but is already moving away from both wanting more of his space in bed and wanting to be down on the floor.
Sadly this parenting will make the Mum dying even more of a wrench for the children.