‘Resurrection’ Recap: Rachael Gets Some Shocking News

Sun, April 6, 2014 11:33pm EST by 5 Comments
Resurrection Recap Insomnia
Courtesy of ABC

Rob O.

Posted at 2:58 PM on April 7, 2014

The pregnancy news was this show’s shark jump.

Sad thing is, had the show creators adhered more to the source material, it could’ve been fresh, inventive television that explored the psychological and emotional impact of loved ones returning from the dead. Instead, they’re grasping for merely paying homage to J.J.Abrams and miring the show in meaningless mysticism and answerless mysteries.

Rose

Posted at 8:55 PM on April 8, 2014

You think they aren’t exploring the psychological and emotional impact that these Returns have on the people who knew them? If so, you haven’t been watching the show that I have. I don’t know the source material, but I do know that it’s a darn good show and I can’t wait to find out what happens next.
Caleb since his resurrection has damaged his family more than he did before. Jacob’s return has his parents divided and sleeping in separate beds. Rachel’s returned has a man of God lying to his wife, sneaking off to see her and possibly heading down the road to adultery. How is that for psychological and emotional impact.
This isn’t exactly like the book, so what? The book is still there to be read. The are a whole range of things that this series can explore. Was Jacob the first to be resurrected in this town? Are there others being resurrected in other town.?Why are these people coming back? WHO are these people? How are they connected to each other? What do they know? What will their impact be on others? We see some of that happening now? Are there other Returns being hidden by their families and friends? When will the town start a witch hunt? You know people are like that.

I don’t know how long this show will last, but I don’t want the entire book dumped in my lap, I could read that if I wanted. I want the series to take it’s time.

Whether the pregnancy was a shark jump or not, it added a hell of a complication for the minister.

Guest

Posted at 1:07 AM on April 7, 2014

This show blows, totally boring.

Walter

Posted at 7:02 AM on April 7, 2014

And yet you felt compelled to come to an article about the show and comment on it.

Mister Baja