‘How I Met Your Mother’: Shocking Official Alternate Ending To Be Released

Sat, April 5, 2014 12:07pm EDT by 22 Comments 14,228 Article Views
How I Met Your Mother Official Alternate Ending
Courtesy of CBS/Twitter

Nuno José Almeida

Posted at 9:09 PM on July 20, 2014

I am afraid they will do it even worst , the finale was almost perfect, but the last seconds ruined it all, please don’t make it worst by trying to please fans…..

Miles Gloriosus

Posted at 10:21 PM on July 4, 2014

Did they expect the ending to outrage the fans, and plan all along to use the “alternate ending” to sell the DVD set? I’d say it’s a 50-50 probability. Pretty sleazy if that’s what they did.

alcoholarchive.com

Posted at 10:45 AM on July 4, 2014

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is wonderful, let alone the content!

Mary jordan

Posted at 8:59 PM on April 7, 2014

Loved the show, hated the finale. The writers killed off a young woman (36/37 years old) leaving two children without their mother, just to reunite Ted and Robin. CRUEL!!! Robin never appreciated what Ted offered her, he made it perfectly clear , in words and more importantly through his actions that he loved and was committed to her. Robin never wanted children. She pursued her career and seemed to be successful. If she and Ted were to marry, she would be the stepmother of teenagers! Not always the easiest of parenting years. I personally like comedies to make me laugh (which I often did through-out the previous years) however, the writers missed the mark on the laugh meter. As far as the DVD series, definitely not interested, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Susy

Posted at 11:44 PM on April 6, 2014

They lost my respect so don’t care about either ending. I’ll just be happy with the fan made ending.

Natty Pagaran

Posted at 7:36 AM on April 6, 2014

The series should end up to season 12. But its okay. I hope to see a better ending this time.

Mister Baja

Posted at 1:28 AM on April 6, 2014

agree, her life is complicated…………

Jade

Posted at 12:37 AM on April 6, 2014

I liked the ending they aired on tv, don’t care about the alternative ending as it was meant to end how it ended and people should accept that, otherwise shut the hell up! It was an awesome ending!

Valent

Posted at 10:29 PM on April 5, 2014

BTW, I started to read the HIMYM blogs a couple months ago and a few commenters had speculated about this very ending, so it wasn’t a complete shock or twist. A better twist would have been for Robin to be standing outside of Ted’s window with the blue French horn.

valent

Posted at 9:30 PM on April 5, 2014

No, we are not friends. Will not watch anything else these creators are involved in and will not even watch HIMYM re-runs. To me the show was about fate/destiny and how something or someone better is out there and although we might not understand why we can’t have what we want now (Robin), one day we would see the big picture when that something better arrives (the mother). It was about hope and love and fate.

I’m fine with the mother dying. I’m fine with the Barney/Robin divorce. But, Robin was the symbol of an idealized love. In reality, she and Ted do not work. In show symbolism, I would imagine Ted’s balloon not just floating away but popping when he realizes that the idealized version of Robin he’s conjured in his mind does not translate to real life, especially after having found his soulmate.

And, Robin is a strong, career-driven woman. She doesn’t need a man to have a complete life. She can be fulfilled without Ted.

That’s why I was disappointed. I always thought the premise was about fate, destiny, and trusting that better things will happen – I watched to see that a-ha moment when Ted realized that there were reasons he did not end up with Robin and that all the events of his life did have a purpose that he couldn’t force or manipulate (I.e., he really couldn’t make it rain if it wasn’t supposed to rain).

Preston Drake

Posted at 1:09 AM on April 6, 2014

that’s putting way to much thought into it. It’s a flipping sitcom. No need to overanalyze the crap out of it.

joyce

Posted at 7:35 AM on April 6, 2014

actually what he/she said makes sense. I don’t think she’s overanalyzing it. It’s painfully obvious by how the show was written over 9 seasons that Ted and Robin’s personality do not work romantically.

Audrey Lively

Posted at 4:02 PM on April 13, 2014

Clearly you weren’t the target audience. Have you met Ted? He’d be analyzing the crap out of this. So would every other intelligent romantic sensitive and intuitive person who really got into the characters. It’s okay not to understand people who think and care about things you don’t but it’s immature to belittle and mock their feelings.

Mike

Posted at 8:08 AM on April 6, 2014

I think the comment about over-analyzing is not fair. Let people say what they want. Agree or disagree but don’t suggest they shouldn’t speak.

About Robin and Ted, I agree about the fate, etc, but also I feel this misses one important point, which is change.

Ted and Robin were not right for each before, but the journey, the loss, the divorce showed that, in fact, they needed to be together.

In fairness, I stopped watching the show mid season 3. So I appreciated very much that the writers paid off the original fans that were there before we even knew there would be another season.

Husky

Posted at 11:11 PM on April 8, 2014

I agree with you. I watched every episode of every season and I don’t understand why Robin and Ted are together. I would have preferred Robin to die and Ted telling the story to the kids because Robin was in bed alone and she doesn’t have a family. Ted realizes that if it wasn’t for her the wouldn’t meet the mum. Every one says good bye to Robin and she dies.

dunjav2013

Posted at 6:55 PM on April 5, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

crollysandy (@crollysandy)

Posted at 6:25 PM on April 5, 2014

my buddy’s mother makes $74 /hr on the internet . She has been out of a job for eight months but last month her payment was $12205 just working on the internet for a few hours. over here
WWW.B­­­­a­­­­y­­­­­9­­­­­2.C­O­M
=======================================

joshkm (@joshkm4)

Posted at 6:09 PM on April 5, 2014

=======================================
W­­WW­­­­.WORKS7.­­­C­­­­OM­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
=======================================

MelissaLBronson (@MelissaLBronson)

Posted at 3:19 PM on April 5, 2014

=======================================

­­­­­­­­W­­WW­­­­.J­­OBSPLAY­­­­ER­­­­.­­­C­­­­OM­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­
=======================================

vilesbarbara (@vilesbarbara)

Posted at 2:40 PM on April 5, 2014

I basically make about………$6,000k-$8,000k a month online………. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old jobs income, especially considering I only work about 10-13 hours a week from home. go to this site home tab for more detail ..WWW.B­­­­a­­­­y­­­­­8­­­­­7.C­O­M

rory

Posted at 1:28 PM on April 5, 2014

Amazing that they actually thought about the ending and chose so poorly . . . .

keira007