Miley Cyrus Cries On Stage Paying Tribute To Dog Floyd — Watch

Thu, April 3, 2014 10:37am EST by 16 Comments

Poor Miley. After the death of her beloved dog Floyd, the singer took to the stage in Boston on Wednesday, April 2, and dedicated her performance to her pup. But not without lots of tears. Keep reading to watch the touching video.

Miley Cyrus is grieving over her late dog through music. After tweeting devastating messages about Floyd, Miley put on an emotional performance and broke down on stage. We feel so horrible for Miley!

Miley Cyrus Breaks Down On Stage After Dog Floyd’s Death

Miley has proven that she can deal with the haters and even awful rumors about her, but when it comes to losing her dog, she just can’t hold it together and we don’t blame her. We are so sad that Miley lost little Floyd!

The usually eccentric and playful singer, who’s been making crazy headlines for her raunchy Bangerz tour, switched it up with a very somber and touching song in Boston on Wednesday, April 2, where she invited fans to sit in on her sound check before her Bangerz performance.

Miley sang one Coldplay‘s “The Scientist” and one of her and Floyd’s favorite songs, Fleetwood Mac‘s “Landslide,” but before she poured her heart out, she told the audience why she was dedicating the special song to her pup.

“I’m sure you guys already know, but the reason that I’m so upset is my dog,” Miley said through tears. “I shouldn’t say he was my favorite but he was my favorite, he passed away. I just wanna do a song for him. We used to always listen to Fleetwood Mac together, it’s his favorite song.”

Miley took the mic, and announced, “I wanna do this song for Floyd.” During the emotional performance, Miley’s little sister Noah came up on stage to support her sister. We’re so glad that Miley has her family to lean on.

Miley Tweets Her Love To Floyd

Before her heartfelt Boston concert, Miley took to Twitter to let her nearly 18 million followers know that Floyd had passed away, tweeting, “I don’t wanna say it because I don’t want it to be real…But my precious baby Floyd has passed away…I am broken,” adding, “Today is the 2nd worst day of my life.”

Miley also warned her fans that she may not be herself in Boston. We are so impressed that Miley worked through her tears and performed for her fans — what a trooper!

The Alaskan Klee Kai dog, who has been spotted with Miley in paparazzi pictures throughout the years, sadly died on Tuesday, April 1, and Miley is still grieving.

HollywoodLifers, have you ever lost a pet? Do you feel Miley’s pain? Share your stories below.

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More Miley Cyrus News:

1. Justin Bieber: Did He Hang Out With His Ex-Flame Miley Cyrus?
  2. Miley Cyrus: Stop Promoting Drugs
  3. Miley Cyrus’ Pretty Pink Lip In Miami — Get Her Gorgeous Gloss

Ericaa Cecil

Posted at 3:09 AM on April 5, 2014

I know how you feel Miley. I lost my best friend 2 years ago, & I’m still not over it. I’m pretty sure I’ll never be myself again. My condolences, as you try to get over this horrible tragedy. xoxo

Bebe

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 4, 2014

Last week my dog my baby Bebe disappeared,we searched everywhere for her,tried everythng we could but there’s no sign of her.Im broken n hurt . . .and i feel bad for miley,its horrible losing our precious little baby..it hurts alot :,(

Nick

Posted at 5:36 PM on April 3, 2014

Losing your dog breaks your heart literally. My sympathies to miley

Nicole V.

Posted at 4:18 PM on April 3, 2014

Poor Miley, I feel bad for her. It was nice of her to do this, I repsect Miley for this.

Rescue the Innocent

Posted at 2:00 PM on April 3, 2014

The Society of Prevention for Cruelty to Animals should intervene and evaluate Miley Cyrus. She is seldom home to care for her pets and is an admitted user of illegal drugs. Molly and peyote are illegal. One of her pets viciously killed another so she got rid of the violent dog. A year and a half later another adopted puppy under her care dies mysteriously with no explanation. Three different animals under her care suffer within 18 months while she is off constantly partying and bragging about her drug use. Quit pitying Miley and rescue the innocent animals.

MtothaE

Posted at 3:16 PM on April 3, 2014

True…but this dog was not a rescue. These dogs are very expensive and very hard to find. This dog was also only 4 yrs old and died of supposedly natural causes. Weird.

MtothaE

Posted at 1:25 PM on April 3, 2014

I don’t like Miley but damn this is sad! I have a dog that I feel the same about as she did Floyd and he is sick right now. I don’t think he is gonna die sick but still sick and I just sit there and hug him and cry. I know how it is to love a pet like that. Sorry for your loss, Miley.
And to that Baja guy..that was just rude and uncalled for. You should never be happy when someone loses something that they love.

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:57 AM on April 3, 2014

just be glad this hepatitus pup is gone…………

Brandon Clement

Posted at 12:14 PM on April 3, 2014

show some damn respect for crying out loud… you know what, Mister Baja….. that was INCREDIBLY and VERY rude…. miley was an AWESOME dog owner and you can’t show some respect for the dog or miley…. i have met types like you and despite my respectfulness to other people, you don’t even deserve my respect..

redskins959

Posted at 12:48 PM on April 3, 2014

People like baja, can’t call him mister, is just pathetic and their lives are probably the same.

lisa

Posted at 2:34 PM on April 6, 2014

Brandon, I agree. I think this Baja idiot is a kid that has mental problems. (really) He ALWAYS posts weird s*it. look back. I don’t like Miley, but she DOES care about her animals and family. I think it was brave of her to get on stage for her fans. In her heart, she must have been sick. I feel for her. I just don’t like her OR her style. Sorry.

redskins959

Posted at 12:47 PM on April 3, 2014

Jealous of a dog that was loved more than you? The dog showed love, which is more than I can say for you.

Brandon Clement

Posted at 9:37 PM on April 3, 2014

redskins959: i agree with you about that comment you made about baja being pathetic.. just that, why can’t there be more amazing people like you because people like you i really respect a lot. pets do show love and other animals in the world… i will continue to show my respects for miley and always and forever will respect her, support her, defend her, and love her because right now, in my opinion, she will need the most love and i am going to show her that my heart is as big as a tiger’s heart because i don’t put myself first… i put myself dead last and put others before me… see ya

kohutlajvbcv

Posted at 10:59 AM on April 3, 2014

Are you still single? If you think black and white is a beautiful combination. JOIN
—–>♥ BlackWhitëHub.COM ♥ site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women. Millions of singles have joined it. What are you waiting for?xnxn

EllaB

Posted at 10:52 AM on April 3, 2014

I nearly cried because of this. Miley I’m sorry for that and I give you all my prayers … it’s nice of noah.. hope you’ll be good soon

Kristen

Posted at 10:45 AM on April 3, 2014

I admire her! She is so strong!!!