Adam Levine Disses One Direction On ‘The Voice’ — Watch

Wed, April 2, 2014 10:59am EDT by 61 Comments

Contestants Stevie Jo and Morgan Wallen headed into battle on last night’s April 1 showdown and it was quite the competition, but the real heat was one One Direction! Coach Adam Levine took aim at the boy band after the two male vocalists sang ‘Story Of My Life’. Click to WATCH Adam’s diss!

One Direction wasn’t even in the room on last night’s round two battles, but they sure got a piece of Adam Levine‘s mind on The Voice! Stevie Jo and Morgan Wallen went head-to-head with smash hit “Story Of My Life,” and Adam had some fighting words for 1D! So who won the battle? Keep reading to find out which singer was sent home!

‘The Voice’: Adam Levine Disses One Direction

The Voice contestants are truly bringing their A-game to the second battle rounds. Last night’s episode opened with the incredible Sisaundra Lewis and ended with a show-stopping performance by pals Stevie Jo and Morgan Wallen — and a show-stopping diss from coach Adam.

The singers are so good that when Stevie Jo and Morgan Wallen took the stage to duke it out to “Story Of My Life,” Adam thought they were better than One Direction!

“That was a song originally sung by boys, [now] sung by a couple of men up there on that stage,” said Adam after Stevie and Morgan’s battle. Ouch! Did Adam just call out 1D for not being manly enough? It sure sounds like it!

Who Was Sent Home — Stevie Jo Or Morgan Wallen?

Regardless of the 1D disses, these guys did a great job covering “Story Of My Life” — we think One Direction would be honored! Their rendition was so impressive that coach Usher had a very tough time deciding who to keep around for the playoffs. But ultimately, he kept Stevie Jo on Team Usher.

Don’t feel too bad for Morgan though. Adam surprised  the audience with another shocker — he stole Morgan! And it was the best steal ever. He pulled a super bromantic move by faking Morgan into a fist-pound, which quickly turned into a button-pound. Congrats, Morgan, and welcome to Team Adam!

HollywoodLifers, do you think that Adam’s One Direction diss what serious or all in good fun? Let us know!

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More ‘The Voice’ News:

1. ‘The Voice’: Pharrell Officially Named New Season 7 Coach
  2. ‘The Voice’: Chris Martin’s Debut — Watch Never Before Seen Video
  3. ‘The Voice’: Are Contestants Madilyn Paige & Tanner James Dating?

Loel

Posted at 1:14 PM on June 9, 2014

1d

britney spears

Posted at 5:07 PM on June 3, 2014

Re: divinah – just because you are on antipsychotic medications doesn’t mean you are going to “die” or “stroke out”. I know plenty of people (including myself) who take antipsychotics and have for a long time and are not on a count down towards death. Sheesh. Having a mental health issue is not a death sentence.

LivandMaddieGirl17

Posted at 10:27 PM on May 25, 2014

Adam Levine is not a moron. He’s a talented genius and his music is good and it rocks.

TheSlap16

Posted at 10:26 PM on May 25, 2014

Maroon 5 rocks One Direction sucks.

lolly

Posted at 6:02 AM on April 23, 2014

Adam shud nt hv said that cause those “boys” can sing unlike him…..and they have a waaaay more manly voice than Adam

Maha

Posted at 2:27 AM on April 23, 2014

LOL What’s so dissy about that? 1D are boys… he’s just stating the facts as they are.

tori

Posted at 10:30 AM on April 22, 2014

my name is victoria baldwin. i live at 3404 prairie view circle in danville, indiana, 46122. my fav person everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is zayn beyonce malik. i lov him soooooooooooooooooooo much i want his d sooooooooooooooooo much

Creepy One Direction stalker girl

Posted at 3:13 PM on April 24, 2014

oh okay then

hi

Posted at 3:22 PM on May 24, 2014

yeah

lilly

Posted at 10:26 AM on April 22, 2014

my name is lilly i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee liam so much lyk omg that 10 inch payne train tho

makeupandcupcakez

Posted at 1:07 PM on April 18, 2014

That was a baaad move on Adam’s part. One Direction has millions of fans, and he may as well have said that he hates every one of their fans, fans are all gonna come crashing down on him. He should just keep negative comments to himself. I’m a Directioner and I’m proud of it, it’s the girls who are saying “Omg they are the most amazing boy band in the world and OMG I love them!!” that are giving us Directioners a bad name. Not all 1D fans are like that, and the people hating on 1D and their fans aren’t making it any better. Tbh, I think this story was put on here to start all this drama. Everyone has an opinion that they can share, but if it’s negative, they should probably keep it to themselves. I mean, I really thought 1D was better, but the other guys weren’t bad at all. They just really didn’t get the right… idk, emotional sound I guess. That’s my opinion, I don’t want any hate, and I totally respect anyone who thinks the other two guys were better than 1D. No need for hate.

Chantel

Posted at 10:32 PM on April 17, 2014

You should not diss One Direction because there better than you.You can go away and never say anything about the boys again!

Hey

Posted at 3:19 AM on April 16, 2014

They are good but one direction was better. But yes those 2 people singing are good singers.

Hey

Posted at 3:23 AM on April 16, 2014

Ohh yeah I love one direction ” I’m a one direction fan” but I under stand not everyone is going to like one direction. Ok I done bye 😊

Nicole V.

Posted at 10:09 PM on April 11, 2014

Adam should’ve kept that comment to himself because they were chosen. But if he doesn’t like them, he doesn’t like them. You fans have to know that not everyone likes 1D.

Nicole V.

Posted at 10:15 PM on April 11, 2014

They’re not really that good in my opinion, I don’t like 1D that much. But yeah, now Adam has to deal with angry fans.

Audri

Posted at 10:47 AM on April 14, 2014

I have to ask you a question. R u crazy One Direction is everything? Every one loves 1D if they dont they are a big fat nobody who cant do anything but spread hate!!!!!!

kyrstin baldwin

Posted at 10:41 AM on April 8, 2014

my name is kyrstin baldwin. i am 12 years old. i live at 3404 prairie view circle in danville, indiana, usa and i want harry to have my babiezszsz

Erin Steinway

Posted at 2:40 PM on April 10, 2014

Omg Krystin or my brudder why would you put this that is hilarious :)

lili

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 11, 2014

Because it we want a crazy guy to come get her

Kelsey And Kyrstin

Posted at 11:34 AM on April 18, 2014

omfg

makeupandcupcakez

Posted at 12:53 PM on April 18, 2014

Have fun getting kidnapped…

kyrstin

Posted at 10:53 AM on April 21, 2014

OMG WHT R U GOING 2 DO 2 ME

one direction lover

Posted at 10:39 AM on April 8, 2014

one direction is WAY better then those people

Sharon Kirk

Posted at 6:31 AM on April 4, 2014

Love both these guys. Morgan is awesome

Charli

Posted at 2:58 AM on April 4, 2014

Can anyone else not actually find the comment? I’d like to hear it for myself before deciding what I think, but they’re kind of making it hard here.

Hating One Direction because they have a bunch of young crazy fans without knowing much else about them is as bad as being obsessed with them unconditionally without knowing anything about them. They’re people who deserve to be judged on their own merit, actions, and words and not by media reporting and stereotyped reputation.

Yasmin

Posted at 12:44 AM on April 4, 2014

What is wrong with you people? Let One Direction be.Stop judging them for God’s sake because they have the most awesomest fans and they are the best at what they do and you wish that was you doesn’t give you the right to bully them by sending hate.What are you trying to achieve cause you’re sure as hell not getting paid for it.
So stop we all know One Direction is the greatest band ever you all just find it hard to admit it.
So yeah…whatever adam levine.

Sharon Kirk

Posted at 6:32 AM on April 4, 2014

It’s ok to like 1D. But, I think people are sick of the manufactured sound and the pop stars that come with it. It’s not from the heart…but more from from the wallet.

Laura Wilson

Posted at 4:12 PM on April 4, 2014

I’m just sick and tried of everybody acting like they’re the best boy band in the entire world. They copy people’s music, they don’t even write they’re own songs, and they’re not hot, at all. It’s so annoying and people need to get over it. -_-

Audri

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 14, 2014

mmhm

Piah

Posted at 9:55 PM on April 3, 2014

Hey now, it’s the truth 1D are bunch of boys, but what he’s implying is that these two men give justice of the song and make them their own. Media likes to twist the story and all of you people fall for that crap.

Audri

Posted at 10:50 AM on April 14, 2014

UMM NO!!! HE IS SAYING THAT PEOPLE WHO DONT KNOW HOW TO SING CAN SING BETTER THEN BOYS WHO OVI CAN SING!!!! ONE DIRECTION IS THE BEST BAND THAT HAS EVER BEEN MADE!!!!! I AM NOT FALLING FOR YOUR CRAP!!! I AM LOVING ONE DIRECTION AND HATING ADAM LEVINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

latwerka

Posted at 11:36 AM on April 18, 2014

YOU TELL IT GIRL!!!!! ADAM CAN GO DIE IN A WHOLE MMMHHHMMM!!!!

Alondra

Posted at 6:42 PM on April 3, 2014

He said that because when their nominated for the same award , One Direction always takes it home because they have more fans……& are better (:

Alexa

Posted at 12:49 AM on April 4, 2014

Hahaha they aren’t better, they just win because of horny teenagers like you

lili

latwerka

Posted at 11:36 AM on April 18, 2014

YOU GO GIRL MMHHHMMM!!!

Watebir

Posted at 1:00 AM on April 3, 2014

Yeah,,,!!!!!
I just love Adam after he said that!
One Direction SUCKS so as their fans! defending them??
oh come on don’t u have better things to do than that?

blahblah96

Posted at 2:53 PM on April 3, 2014

so whats your problem if their fans defend them? jealous?

Anna Smith

Posted at 3:53 PM on April 3, 2014

Who would be jealous of on Erection?

Anna Smith

Posted at 3:54 PM on April 3, 2014

one*

Audri

Posted at 10:51 AM on April 14, 2014

Yeah cause you dont has a fan base mmhmm

lili

Posted at 10:51 AM on April 11, 2014

No how about going and not commenting on a fandom that the best things that they can do is love one direction and REVENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will find

lili

Posted at 10:52 AM on April 11, 2014

you

oh girl u go

Posted at 11:37 AM on April 18, 2014

MMMMMHHHHHHMMMMMM

Audri

Posted at 10:42 AM on April 14, 2014

Okay so you don’t have a life do you!? I bet all you do is go around dissing my babies. I am a directioner and I’m proud! I will hunt you down and force you to love One Direction. Mawhahahahaha

Audri

Posted at 10:43 AM on April 14, 2014

Okay so you don’t have a life do you!? I bet all you do is go around dissing my babies. I am a directioner and I’m proud! I will hunt you down and force you to love One Direction. Missy. Mawhahahahaha

oh girl u go

Posted at 11:38 AM on April 18, 2014

i do have a life thank you very much audri

Audri

Posted at 10:58 AM on April 14, 2014

ONE DIRECTION DOES NOT SUCK I CANT HELP THAT ONE DIRECTION IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE JUST SAYING THOSE THINGS BECAUSE NOBODY CARES ABOUT ADAM . SORRY SWEETIE. ( JK)

tori

Posted at 10:50 AM on April 21, 2014

GO SUCK YOUR MOMS VAG

Taylor

Posted at 12:17 AM on April 3, 2014

What an immature douchebag. If I remember correctly, 1D has never said anything rude to him.

Anna Smith

Posted at 3:55 PM on April 3, 2014

If he doesn’t like them,he doesn’t like them.Period.

Audri

Posted at 10:53 AM on April 14, 2014

and i dont like you. PERIOD

Audri

Posted at 10:54 AM on April 14, 2014

I KNOW GIRL MMMMMMHHHMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONE DIRECTION HAS NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT HIM SO WHY IS HE SAYING MEAN STUFF ABOUT THEM???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

ruthmoseley

Posted at 2:29 PM on April 2, 2014

just as Danny replied I am impressed that a mother can make $6613 in 1 month on the computer . visit site

>>>>>>>> WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

dunjav2013

Posted at 1:38 PM on April 2, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.

waldonfsxcb

Posted at 11:46 AM on April 2, 2014

Are you still single? If you think black and white is a beautiful combination. JOIN
—–>♥ BlackWhitëHub.COM ♥ site is for you. This is a serious Interracial dating services and mixed race dating site dedicated to those seeking real love. For black men dating white women,white men looking for black women. Millions of singles have joined it. What are you waiting for?xcbxneryeyr

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:41 AM on April 2, 2014

this moron is dumping fans of his own?

kyrstin