Gloria Vanderbilt: Son Anderson Cooper Will Not Inherit Her Fortune

Wed, April 2, 2014 4:31pm EDT by 11 Comments
gloria vanderbilt anderson cooper
Getty

The CNN reporter has just revealed that his very famous and rich mother, will not be leaving him any money when she dies. HollywoodLifers, should Anderson receive an inheritance?

Anderson Cooper grew up in a very famous New York family, The Vanderbilts. Anderson, 46, is the son of Gloria Vanderbilt, 90, a socialite, who became very famous for a line of jeans in the 70s. Gloria’s net worth is valued at around $200 million, according to Celebrity New Worth, but Anderson told Howard Stern on April 2, that his mother is leaving him “no trust fund.”

Gloria Vanderbilt — Son Anderson Cooper Will Not Inherit Her Millions

Anderson, who has a reported net worth of around $100 million, doesn’t exactly need the money and he has no problem with his mother’s decision.

“My mom’s made clear to me that there’s no trust fund,” he said. “There’s none of that. Who’s inherited a lot of money that has gone on to do things in their own life? From the time I was growing up, if I felt that there was some pot of gold waiting for me, I don’t know that I would’ve been so motivated. She made more money on her own than she ever inherited. We believe in working.”

He reportedly makes $11 million a year at CNN.

Anderson’s Daytime Show Gets The Boot

The star released the below statement when he learned that his show, Anderson, had been canceled in 2012, after just two seasons.

“I am very proud of the work that our terrific staff has put into launching and sustaining our show for two seasons,” Anderson said in a statement. “I am also grateful to Telepictures for giving me the opportunity, and indebted to viewers, who have responded so positively.”

Warner Bros. also issued a statement:

“We are extremely proud of Anderson and the show that he and the entire production team have produced. While we made significant changes to the format, set and produced it live in its second season, the series will not be coming back for a third season in a marketplace that has become increasingly difficult to break through. We will continue to deliver top-quality shows throughout next summer.”

HollywoodLifers, do you think that Gloria should leave Anderson an inheritance?

– Chloe Melas
More Anderson news:

1. Anderson Cooper Blasts Teresa Giudice For ’12-Year-Old’ Behavior
  2. Anderson Cooper Officially Comes Out: ‘I’m Gay, Always Have Been’
  3. Anderson Cooper Kicks Barbie Mom Off Show: ‘You’re Dreadful’ — VIDEO

Peter III

Posted at 9:37 PM on May 11, 2014

Anderson cooper is a great guy, I couldn’t agree with his statement any more. I too have wealthy parents, not hundreds of millions but definitely no scrubs and I don’t care if I get all of it or none. While I’m sure the latter is not going to happen I still intend to continue working hard everyday and earning my way.. I also had the privilege of meeting Mr. Cooper while working at this past years US open in NYC. His driver got lost trying to find the VIP gate so I offered to give him a lift in my golf cart to his driver in one of the lots. Even though it was only a 5 min ride and he was on his phone most of the time he still acknowledged the fact that I was doing him a favor and thanked me very much, shook my hand and insisted on me accepting his very generous tip. Gotta say, I am definitely a Cooper fan for life!

basuyshxcb

Posted at 9:44 PM on April 2, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixëdLuv.Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful.Have a try.xcbxcb

rap goonius

Posted at 8:02 PM on April 2, 2014

not for the money

lisa

Posted at 7:59 PM on April 2, 2014

The old B*TCH is just plain RUDE! He’s a great guy, a fantastic tv personality, and whoever said the gay slur………….WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH IT?? He STILL takes care of HER. His brother commited suicide, and………….guess what?????????????????? HE STILL TAKES CARE OF HER!!!!!!!!!!!! Grow the F*CK UP! SHE IS A JERK!

Cece

Posted at 7:52 PM on April 2, 2014

SHE received an inheritance. Why shouldn’t her children receive one? What is she going to do with her money?

Kelly

Posted at 7:37 PM on April 2, 2014

THIS IS NOT NEWS PEOPLE ARE DYING WHO CARES ABOUT HOW ANDERSON COOPER ONLY GETS TO BE SUPER RICH INSTEAD OF SUPER SUPER RICH.

me

Posted at 7:26 PM on April 2, 2014

She’s not going to leave money to her fudge packing son especially when he’s left no grandchildren behind.Anderson has amased his own fortune and when he dies out he will also have no one to leave it to as he still has no children at age 46.

sharon johnson

Posted at 6:01 PM on April 2, 2014

She knows he dont need the money, evidently they discussed this. Maybe they want some to go to charity

Sara N.

Posted at 5:43 PM on April 2, 2014

Is she ashamed of him cos he’s gay?

Christine motz

Posted at 5:42 PM on April 2, 2014

Doesn’t Gloria have 2 other sons. They should all split including her son that died family if he had one

Sherry L.

Posted at 4:52 PM on April 2, 2014

I don’t care what his mother says I would leave my child some money because as a mother it would be something I left my chil. I could see if Andersonwas a person that would spend the money in a wrong type of way but hes a person that has good value so I would definitely leave him my money if I was his mother! I just don’t understand rich people I think its good that she wants him to have good value but he does, so what’s the problem! What better way to leave your child something’ , especially when hes such a great person like Anderson?