Boy, 12, Hangs Himself & Dies After Being Tormented By Bullies At School

Wed, April 2, 2014 6:16pm EDT by 30 Comments
12-Year-Old Boy Hangs Himself
Courtesy of Facebook

Kyle Darker, 12, made the tragic decision to hang himself inside of his family home after school on April 1. While his family remains heartbroken at their massive loss, Kyle’s friends claim he was the victim of ruthless bullying at his school. How sad.

Kyle Darker‘s family is now paying tribute to the little boy they described as always being happy and outgoing.

Kyle Hung Himself After Being Bullied At School

Another life has been lost due to the viciousness of school bullies.

Kyle, an innocent 12-year-old schoolboy was found dead in his family home shortly after being released from St, Patrick’s Roman Catholic High School on April 1. A family member immediately called for an ambulance, and Kyle was airlifted to the hospital. Sadly, it was too late for him.

According to the Daily Mail, local police were not treating the death as suspicious, though they did block off the street where Kyle lived as they gathered evidence about his death. It’s been suggested by family and friends of Kyle that the boy was the victim of bullying by some of his classmates.

“Hate bullies so much. RIP Kyle sleep tight little man, had your whole life ahead of you,” a friend of Kyle’s named Jess Davis wrote on his memorial Facebook page after news of his death spread.

Friends & Family Say Kyle Was A ‘Happy’ Child

Even though Kyle was bullied, no one seems to know why. In fact, his family and friends have not had a single bad thing to say about him.

“Tonight we lost our very happy, outgoing, funny little boy. Your loss has left another big hole in our hearts. We are going to miss you terribly sweetheart,” his aunt, Margaret Tunnacliffe wrote online.

A family friend even called out the school for not intervening and helping Kyle with his bully issue.

“This is just so very sad and so very wrong. It’s heart-breaking that this little boy did not get the help and support,” family friend Jean Wilde wrote. “This is just so very sad and so very wrong. It’s heart-breaking that this little boy did not get the help and support. What a lovely little boy, my heart goes out to his parents and I fear for other boys like him that fall prey to bullying. God bless and may you RIP Kyle, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.”

When St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic High School was reached for comment, they said the following: “It is shocking and a lot of people will be affected by this. The thoughts and prayers of all staff members and the school are with the family and friends of Kyle.”

– Lauren Cox

More Related News:

1. Dying Girl, 11, Campaigns To Make One Direction Dreams Come True
  2. Pregnant Mom Stops For A Pedicure While In Labor — Gives Birth In Nail Salon
  3. Oregon Mother Beats Son, 4, To Death — Thought He Was Gay

Debbie

Posted at 10:44 AM on April 5, 2014

Rest in Peace Kyle

Laura Wilson

Posted at 4:07 PM on April 4, 2014

So sad :( R.I.P. Kyle Darker. My heart goes out to your dear family and friends.

I really think schools need to step it up and do something about bullying. Every time I turn around, I hear about people committing suicide, especially young children and teenagers.

David

Posted at 2:58 PM on April 4, 2014

R.I.P Kyle, my Thoughts go out to your Family and Friends, i hate bullies and am 100% against bullying

Lilly

Posted at 3:28 PM on April 3, 2014

R.I.P klyle, my best wishes 2 his family and the bullies how mean they should go to hell!

Lilly

Posted at 3:25 PM on April 3, 2014

R.I.P Kyle and my best wishes 2 his family and the bullied go 2 hell!

Shade..athon

Posted at 1:21 PM on April 3, 2014

well, damn

Tut tut

Posted at 12:55 PM on April 3, 2014

The mistake this article makes is copying inaccurate information from that rag The Daily Mail.
This sort of thing is extremely dangerous and potentially hurtful for the family.

1. Kyle wasn’t even at school that day.
2. Kyle was not bullied
3. No one knows the answers. Speculation helps
No one

Shame

Posted at 4:27 PM on April 4, 2014

Someone states the truth and about time. I agree the rumours help no one, least the family. Poor research by the journalist who just want to sensationalise a tragic waste of life for profit….shame on you…

concerned family member

Posted at 1:30 AM on April 3, 2014

The problem here is that you facts are wrong and your are printing untruths in the interest of a promoting a shocking , tragic story. As a result, Lauren, you are causing unnecessary pain to the family.

Theresa

Posted at 10:08 AM on April 3, 2014

Please share the truth. I have to really read all her articles with a grain of salt.

Salt & Pepaz

Posted at 12:20 AM on April 3, 2014

rip to lil guy 12 year old and it too many kids that know so much about hanging themselves to death it hAPPEN anywhere Smh the dang school should’ve done something about it

Mister Baja

Posted at 12:13 AM on April 3, 2014

his dad was a beating Brawler?

guest43

Posted at 11:12 PM on April 2, 2014

R.I.P little guy.

kriss

Posted at 10:02 PM on April 2, 2014

To the family of the lil boy KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND AND PRAY TO GOD ALMIGHTY HIS IS THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN HELP YOU. MAY THE LORD BE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

anonymosme

Posted at 9:31 PM on April 2, 2014

Dear Lord, please help the parents of the sweet little boy who is now in your care. Please don’t abandon them in their time of need. Bless the beasts and the children. rest your soul little man.

alzheimer

Posted at 8:12 PM on April 2, 2014

don’tcha hang this. it’s…

Mrs. wright

Posted at 7:40 PM on April 2, 2014

Schools and parents need to make a stand and call for harsher punishment for bullying. It is such a sad and unnecessary loss of such a young life. If bullying was the true reason he took his life, something drastic needs to be enforced at their school. Kids that bully and get away with it, can often turn out to be abusive adults too. Kids need to band together and stand up to the bully. It is hard to do, but there is strength in numbers. The school should expel the bully. Pray for the family to get through this tragedy. So sad. Stand up to bullying. Sometimes you need to fight back and make a stand. Be brave.

BeeBee

Posted at 9:21 PM on April 2, 2014

Amen to that, I agree with you.

lisa

Posted at 7:33 PM on April 2, 2014

When I was this age, I wouldn’t even know what hanging meant. Social media has RUINED EVERYTHING! Our kids, our driving, EVERYTHING! I saw something on a SHOW and they should NOT be on computors. PERIOD! My kids grew up without them and they all are important people. Everyday someone is killed texting. Videos, they think are real. How I wish we NEVER GOT CELL PHONES TOO! I saw on a show…..they showed little kids………..A REAL PHONE………..and they had NO FRIGGIN IDEA WHAT IT WAS! How sad is that? What if something happened with a preditor and he was old? Maybe he has a REAL PHONE! They wouldn’t even know how to use it. I’m keeping my old one for my grandson. HE WILL KNOW WHAT IT IS! This world is SO OUT OF CONTROL AND FAST PACED! IT’S REDICULOUS! I wish we could go back 15 years ago. I didn’t know EVERYBODYS PERSONAL BUISNESS unless I was a friend. Now, kids are KILLING THEMSELVES! I JUST HATE IT! I hate that kid that invented it too. Sorry he went to collage.

JoyB

Posted at 7:28 PM on April 2, 2014

Schools claim they discourage bullying, but in truth they do little to nothing to stop it.

Damn!

Posted at 11:08 PM on April 2, 2014

You are so right @JoyB.
That is why I teach my kids to fight, like my mom taught me.
Bullies want it easy and sometimes they travel in packs like wild dogs.
My mom always told me if a group comes up on me, grab the ringleader and inflict as much damage as possible on them.
Bullies don’t want to fight everyday, it’s too hard.
They would rather make a kid they feel is weak feel bad about themselves, enough so they will want to end their life to end the bullying.
The parents need to stay up on what is going on with their child as well.
My kids tell me everything.
Some things I have to drag out of them but I get the info & it doesn’t take days.
I know my kids and if they come home acting different then usual, I go into mamma mode.
If the school won’t protect your child then go over their head.
Also let them know(The school) that it is with in their power to stop the bullying.
If they don’t do anything then they must condone it.
Some parents don’t know what their kids are doing. Their kid could be the worst bully in the school and they think the kid ids an angel, because they’re out of touch.
Whatever my kids are learning, I make it my business to learn it too.
If it Facebook,Vine,Instagram,Snapshot, whatever.
I have a no social media rule in the house now.
We have none of those accounts.
If we want to talk to someone, we call them on a land-line phone!
I wish I could go back in time and destroy the guy that invented all this crap.
In some ways it’s good and in others it’s bad.

Emmieri@yahoo.com

Posted at 7:25 PM on April 2, 2014

R.i.p. little guy

me

Posted at 7:20 PM on April 2, 2014

Bullies are not learning ,more than ever people are taking a stand against bullying and yet it is causing kids to kill themselves.The parent’s of this boy should have switched him to a new school if they couldn’t find a solution to the problem at school.All it takes is one person to stand up for someone else and get it to stop.Whoever these bullies and people at the school that were doing this will have to live with this for the rest of their lives.

lisa

Posted at 7:41 PM on April 2, 2014

How can you BLAME THE PARENTS? You owe them an apology. They don’t run to parents for everything. YOU ARE WRONG!

Colette Hugh

Posted at 8:38 AM on April 3, 2014

You are wrong. The parents share partial blame for this. An engaged parent, especially one that doesn’t live with their head buried in the sand, would notice any behavioral changes from the norm: not eating lunch at school, downward-spiral in grades, not wanting to go to school, not participating in school activities, becoming withdrawn, etc., etc., etc. Unless parents are totally oblivious, they would notice if their child was being ruthlessly bullied, which is the case here since the child wound up hanging himself at 12!!!

Get a grip!

Posted at 11:39 AM on April 3, 2014

@Colette Hugh, you are right.
If something is going on with your kid, you should know and get to the bottom of it.
Don’t ignore the signs and put it off as the child being moody.
Get to the bottom of their changed behavior. There is always a reason. Kids don’t change overnight for no reason.
Of course the bullies are mainly to blame but the adults failed this child also.
The school I am sure was aware something was going on and failed to step in.
A lot of the time it’s not just kids being kids. And what the hell does that mean anyway.
We need to do better people.

KT

Posted at 7:16 PM on April 2, 2014

Poor boy. RIP.

newageoftruth

Posted at 7:08 PM on April 2, 2014

Reblogged this on newageoftruth.

roxy

Posted at 6:33 PM on April 2, 2014

This is so sad.something must be done.iam a nana.mother and just a caring person.dont anyone see what’s going on.we must stop this.as a kids we’d come home with a bloody nose from standing up to bullys.but it healed and we had another day.this sweet one will not.this is forever.my prayer are w family.

lily

Posted at 11:30 AM on April 7, 2014

i no how you feel i am sorry for you