Josh Elliott Quits ‘Good Morning America’ In Wake Of Failed Contract Negotiations

Mon, March 31, 2014 8:13am EDT by 28 Comments
Josh Elliott Quits
FameFlyNet

Virginia Brock

Posted at 12:51 PM on May 5, 2014

GREEDY!!!

Gail

Posted at 11:47 AM on April 19, 2014

Not that anyone in the networks will listen to what we say, but I have watched GMA for 30 years, But I am leaving now. As I was so unhappy when Sam left and I figured he was forced to leave, Now Josh is going and that really cinches the deal. I feel that there are to many women now and Do not enjoy it anymore, I feel in my gut that they have been unfair to both Sam and Josh. I loved them both and am so sorry to see them leave, I am switching to CBS, will not watch NBC cannot stand any of their anchors.

Abetterplace

Posted at 1:47 PM on April 7, 2014

Forget Josh, I’ll take it!!!!!They can pay me what they countered or even what his salary is now and I will play nice for Gma

Ree

Posted at 3:14 PM on April 5, 2014

I miss Sam Champion the most. Loved his great laugh. Josh was okay, but I will still watch GMA without him most definitely. Will NOT miss the affected way Josh read the news. It was always in that old, studied broadcaster style. Pause near the end just before the last. three. words. Just like that… every… single… time he read the news that way. lol. It got to where I would count between the affected last-three-words pauses.

Charlotte B. Teagle

Posted at 8:59 PM on April 5, 2014

You nailed it, Ree. Josh’s dramatic delivery drove me crazy. When he first jointed GMA, he talked so fast that when he took a breath, it sounded like a giant slurp. Even worse was later on, when he began those last three word pauses. Ugh!

Sherrie

Posted at 2:02 PM on July 6, 2014

OMG. I agree with Ree! Everything you said I have always said about Josh. He’s OK but I LOVED Sam!! So wish he was still there. I did; however, like watching Sam and Josh together–good bantering and a sincere friendship comradery. Can’t stand Ginger Zee, ugh! I turn the channel when she is on. I do think greed was a factor for Josh–too bad for that. My three favorites-Robin, George and Lara.

rachel

Posted at 11:56 PM on April 2, 2014

Why does he need millions of dollars for reporting shallow news. It isn’t even like he was reporting actual, relevant, information…

Mary Ann

Posted at 11:02 PM on April 2, 2014

I think Josh is making to much money and anyone that makes more than $1 milion a year makes too much money. I can’t believe any of this. It’s greedy. But I will miss him.

Penny

Posted at 6:44 PM on April 2, 2014

I will miss Josh and agree GMA falls short now. I always taped and watched it but without Josh I am going to move on also. I find GMA has lost it’s edge. Bye GMA

Disappointed

Posted at 8:53 PM on April 2, 2014

Then again, 10 mil is a big jump. Too bad he wasn’t more reasonable and stayed because it would be the right thing to do. Obviously they could care less about their GMA fans so good riddance. I am still upset about the whole thing and am giving up GMA. I just hate to be suckered by anchors who are loyal only to themselves. He really acted like he liked being there. It feels personal so I am dropping the show and maybe take up the paper.

Barbara turlich

Posted at 8:59 AM on April 2, 2014

I can’t imagine a show without Josh! How many more do we have to lose. First Diane, then Sam and now Josh. Shame on ABC.

Jack squat

Posted at 6:36 PM on April 1, 2014

Jack strap

Ice

Posted at 12:55 AM on April 1, 2014

Ratings don’t lie!

honesty

Posted at 8:23 PM on March 31, 2014

I liked the team together but Josh drove me crazy with his intenations and how his endings of news segments were paused a little too much. Going from $1million to $5 million would have been a nice appropriate raise. Too bad he didn’t think so!!

Loleka

Posted at 4:50 PM on March 31, 2014

I love watching Good Morning America because of the current crew: Robin, George, Josh & Lara (I miss sam ) it’s not going to be worth taping anymore, it’s going to be a regular not so exciting show.

Jeannette

Posted at 4:22 PM on March 31, 2014

Im going to missJosh…Really what is going on? Enjoyed the original cast. They were an awesome melting pot. It will not be the same.

Rose Nicol

Posted at 4:01 PM on March 31, 2014

Josh really took over the show and not in a good way always. He obviously wanted more money …hey Lara Spencer can go too. The ratio of men to women is off and will be somewhat strange to watch. I hope George can take over the nightly news shortly as I think he would rather do serious news.

Kathy Daley

Posted at 3:54 PM on March 31, 2014

I’m so trilled for Josh Elliot. GMA hasn’t been the same since they spend so much talking and putting Robin Roberts on a pedestal. Now she’s going to be a guest judge on DWTS. And she finally came out (like the viewers didn’t already know) Love George, Lara, and Amy . GMA won’t be the same. Without him…. Loved Sam, Chris and Josh.. Hmmm what have you done ABC?

Charlotte B. Teagle

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 31, 2014

I am so happy Josh has left GMA. He is so full of himself. What a narcissistic, obnoxious camera hog!

Liz

Posted at 2:56 PM on March 31, 2014

I’m going to miss Josh I thought he was kinda funny and that he got along with the news team,(Robin, George, Laura, Elizabeth) In away I’m a little shock But I wish him the best

Mark

Posted at 11:41 AM on March 31, 2014

Josh Elliott is a real scumbag. Now NBC can deal with his perverted and sexual antics! Anyone with a daughter at NBC…BEWARE! Especially the female interns.

Larissa Dadonput

Posted at 11:30 AM on March 31, 2014

My neighbour is working part time and averaging $9000 a month. I’m a single mum and just got my first paycheck for $6546! I still can’t believe it. I tried it out cause I got really desperate and now I couldn’t be happier. Heres what I do,

>>>>>>>> CHEK44.COM

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:04 AM on March 31, 2014

he will be homeless in time…………………..

Ice

Posted at 10:29 AM on March 31, 2014

He’s the reason it’s number 1! ABC got played by NBC, Sam Champion went to the Weather Channel-owned by NBC-Now Josh. How long untill those two are on the Today show? Well played NBC. You poached their talent.

Ha

Posted at 6:05 PM on March 31, 2014

He’s not THAT great, he just thinks he is.

GMA

Posted at 10:21 AM on March 31, 2014

This guy needs to get over himself. He’s not worth $10M/year. He’s the most obnoxious person on the show…although he’s dialed it back a bit, he still acts like a childish clown most of the time.

GMA Staffer

Posted at 11:45 AM on March 31, 2014

THE bottom line is that Josh Elliott is way overrated. NBC will choke on this contract once they see just how bad he is on his own without the other talent propping him up.

elsie.mickel (@elsiemickel)

Posted at 9:33 AM on March 31, 2014

==============ONLINE JOBS==============
I basically make about………$6,000k-$8,000k a month online………. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old jobs income, especially considering I only work about 10-13 hours a week from home. go to this site home tab for more detail ..WWW.J­­­­O­­­­B­­­­S­­­­­C­­­­­S.C­O­M