‘HIMYM’ Series Finale: Fans React To Shocking Ending On Twitter

Mon, March 31, 2014 11:51pm EDT by 15 Comments

We finally found out how Ted met The Mother in the epic ‘HIMYM’ series finale on March 31 — but the surprises didn’t stop there. The episode was full of twists and turns and now many fans are taking to Twitter to express their feelings about the show’s shocking final moments. See what they had to say right here, and let us know if YOU were happy with how this nine-season-long saga ended.

It’s the end of an era — and the start of an all-out Twitter war! The long-awaited series finale of How I Met Your Mother has left its loyal fans divided, and we’ve got the tweets from the first round of the fight right here. Spoiler alert! If you haven’t seen the final episode of HIMYM, do yourself a favor and stop reading now. And then go watch it because it was (all together now) legen — wait for it –

How Does ‘HIMYM’ End? — Fans React To The Shocking Finale On Twitter

– dary!

So many feels right now! We are freaking out over the HIMYM finale — and so is the rest of the Twitterverse. Here’s a look at what some fans are saying:

‘How I Met Your Mother’ Finale — Does The Mother Die In Final Episode?

Fans bid a fond farewell to Marshall (Jason Segel), Lily (Alyson Hannigan), Barney (Neil Patrick Harris), Ted (Josh Radnor) and Robin (Cobie Smulders) on March 31.

And after nine years of bad dates, blue horn red herrings, and left-at-the-alter blues, we finally learned how Ted met the woman of his dreams and the mother of his children. But before we could even do our long-awaited victory dance, our hearts were broken into a million pieces when The Mother (Cristin Milioti) ended up dying in a shocking twist!

Ted may have loved The Mother deeply but it turned out the real love of his life was right under his — and our — nose all along. That’s right, HIMYM fans. Ted ended up with Robin. Robin, the one who he loved from day one. Robin, who was happily married to Barney for all of three years before getting divorced (another shocking reveal in the finale).

So whether you like it or it makes you want to climb aboard the Murder Train — that, folks, is how Ted finally got his happy ending.

So HollywoodLifers, are YOU happy with the series finale of HIMYM? Vote and share your thoughts in the comments below!

– Tierney McAfee

More ‘How I Met Your Mother’ News:

1. ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Mother May Be Dead — Fans React
  2. ‘HIMYM’: Exes Invade Ted & Robin’s Romantic Trip Down Memory Lane
  3. ‘HIMYM’: The Mother Reveals How She Met Ted On 200th Episode

jhenn

Posted at 11:49 PM on April 1, 2014

F**K

It should have ended with Ted and Tracy under the umbrella …

im so freaking ANGRY right now……

Esme

Posted at 8:28 PM on April 1, 2014

I’m happy because I couldn’t stand the weird, creepy looking person who played the “mother.”

ruthmoseley

Posted at 6:18 PM on April 1, 2014

what Connie implied I’m surprised that a stay at home mom can profit $9440 in one month on the computer . blog here

>>>>>>>> WWW.B­­A­­­Y­­­­9­­­­­1.C­O­M

all ok but

Posted at 3:53 PM on April 1, 2014

it was never a good series. just a bad try composed of 2,5 men, Friends and own idea of story-in-story-in-Story-in…. I like more “community”.

labeyrie

Posted at 3:33 PM on April 1, 2014

I liked the end. Except the Ted/Robin moment. They should have stop to “And that, kids, is how I met your mother”. This would have been perfect! But no, we’re back to the very beginning!

“Hey kids, I just wanted to tell you, I never really loved your mom, it always been Robin. I just needed someone to have kids with. But Robin couldn’t. Now your here, your mother died so I’m just gonna date Robin again”.

Oh and, they were supposed to end up with all the secrets and the mysteries! But, we still don’t know where this pineaple came from! And how Barney is doing as a father ? Who is the mother of his child ? What does Ellie look like ? Lili’s & Marshall’s third kid is a boy or a girl ? What’s “the third baby” ‘s name ? Oh, and Barney and Robin divorced but he quitted his job! So what is he doing for living ? Is he living with the (unknown) mother of his child ? (…)

SO MANY QUESTIONS AND WE’LL NEVER KNOW THE ANWSERS!

Barney...

Posted at 12:22 PM on April 1, 2014

may be i have not seen many TV series…but i have watched HIMYM from ep 1 to last that was premiered yesterday…I can proudly say that i have not wasted a single half an hour watchin this show…this is something most awesome that i had ever watched in my life…the ending was perfect just perfect..the final ten minutes justifies the long story.. Their was appropriate humor, Emotions, Realtions and many other damn amazing things that a TV show can ever have…i wish it could continue..i request the writers and producers , directors, cast to please..please keep it going…don’t end this epic series

Emi Cornesete

Posted at 9:09 AM on April 1, 2014

Since I started with my online business I earn $58 every 15 minutes. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out.
>>>>>>>> CHECK44.

Sue

Posted at 8:43 AM on April 1, 2014

I enjoyed it but I also was not a die hard must watch every Monday night fan. I have seen it several times throughout each season and completely understood the inside jokes. Ted loved his wife and would never have cheated on her or left her. After mourning her for 6 years,he was thinking about the love of his life from his youth and that was Robin. I liked that he ended up with her at the end. Someone that has been through all of it with him.

Rachel

Posted at 6:56 AM on April 1, 2014

In all honesty, I think this show should’ve ended seasons ago. The writers didn’t bring anything new to the table for awhile. Even the last season, which should’ve been amazing, was horrible. It was 80% fluff (if not more). Then, the finale comes, and I think “But this has to be amazing, right?” Wrong. It felt like any other episode… just longer.

Am I the only one who thinks the ending was incredibly sad? And not because the mother dies, but because we find out that Ted has loved Robin all along. That’s seriously such a slap in the face to the mother. It’s like saying, “Yeah, you were only second best… And, you know, when we met, I was feeling kind of raw because the love of my life just married my best friend. You were a great rebound though”.

HIMYM sold itself to be an epic romance where we would see Ted learn from each relationship. And, though Robin had more than a single chapter in his life, it should’ve ended. He should’ve let her go. THAT would be personal growth. Then, the mother would come in and they would live happily ever after. The ending was such BS.

Exekyel

Posted at 3:21 AM on April 1, 2014

If i want to see reality and how drepressing its real life i will always have my family and other people as reference but if i want to see fantasy or fiction and funny stuffs i go to my room and look for series like himym but they failed in the whole last season, the final kills all, the entire series, the 9th season becomes useless i was expecting something legendary like a tragic final or a really happy ending not this cheap life lesson…

Elle

Posted at 3:14 AM on April 1, 2014

Yes!!I knew it from season7 that Ted and Robin will end up together!!and now i’m sooo happy :D

justincaselawgic

Posted at 3:08 AM on April 1, 2014

Screw all these comments about an honest ending. The show is a comedy that is supposed to give good feelings. There are so many unhonest parts of the whole series and the writers decide that now is the time for brutal honesty? Screw them and screw all of you sycophants that liked it. Worst finale in a very long time.

neha

Posted at 1:58 AM on April 1, 2014

i got high speed internet and waited with bated breath for this.

raeloveee

Posted at 1:34 AM on April 1, 2014

i get where they were going with it. idk why everyones trippin so hard like it was a huge failure. how i met your mother is pure amazingness<3 but i think it should've ended with marshall turning to lily and finally saying, "pay up." :)

Mister Baja

Posted at 11:54 PM on March 31, 2014

so this is the way american losers are born?