‘Duck Dynasty': Robertson Wives Reveal All In Interview — Watch

Mon, March 31, 2014 12:39pm EDT by 7 Comments

‘Duck Dynasty’ wrapped it’s fifth season on Wednesday, March 26, but on Monday, March 31, the Robertson wives sat down for a brand new tell-all interview.

The Robertson family has endured its fair share of ups and downs over the past year, and now, they’re setting the record straight. How? By coming clean about their family secrets on national TV. Korie Robertson and the Duck Dynasty wives came together to speak up, and you’ve got to hear what they had to say. Keep reading to see what secrets they spilled about their famous family.

‘Duck Dynasty’ Women Tell All

Last week, Korie sat down with her husband, Willie Robertson, on CNN New Day, but this week, she’s joining forces with her fellow Duck Dynasty wives — Kay, Missy, Jessica and Lisa Robertson — in a series of revealing, new interviews. Fresh of the heels of the Season 5 finale, the Robertson women took flight to New York City to promote their new book, The Women of Duck Commander, which is full of “surprising insights from the women behind the beards about what makes this family work.”

Korie and the self-proclaimed “women behind the beards” explained to Good Morning America on March 31 that their husbands have become unlikely sex symbols, resulting from the fame of their family series, which (despite dropping ratings this past season) is the highest-rated reality show on cable TV.

WATCH The Robertson Women’s Interview

“Last year a lady asked to take a picture with Jep, and during the picture he said she, like, grabbed his rear end,” said Jessica Robertson, the wife of Jep Robertson. Missy Robertson chimed in: “The women are after the men.”

But the women are sticking together through all of the Hollywood hustle bustle. “We’re no Real Housewives who argue all the time,” Korie told Us Weekly in their March 31 cover story. “We all work and vacation together; we’re all each other’s village.”

And that village has created quite an empire! Thanks to the Robertson’s books and other Duck merchandise, the family is worth a reported $400 million, according to Access Hollywood.

Kay Robertson’s Big Revelation — And The Truth On Her Husband, Phil Robertson

Buzzing about their husbands and their suddenly sexy beards was lighthearted, but the GMA interview did take a turn to serious discussion when Kay Robertson, wife of Phil Robertson was asked about her husband’s infamous comments to GQ last year, which put the family under fire. “You know as far as Phil with the gay thing, love everybody that is gay. But yes because he quoted the scripture that said that he would do it again because that’s just who he is,” said Kay. “He’s honest. He loves people. He really does.”

Kay also admitted that her and her husband would embrace a gay grandchild in their family, and then dropped a major bombshell: she was pregnant with son, Alan Robertson, before she and Phil were married.

“It is so easy for me to be honest now,” Kay said. “God loves me, my fans love me, my family loves me so I tell it all.”

Kay’s revelation was shocking, but another “duck diva” addressed family rumors, as well. Lisa Robertson spoke about being molested as a child, which led her to cheat on her husband, Alan, which caused their temporary separation.

HollywoodLifers, do you appreciate the Robertson’s honesty? Let us know if your pro-Duck Dynasty or not, down below in the comments!

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More ‘Duck Dynasty’ News:

1. ‘Duck Dynasty’ Finale: Willie Robertson Comes Clean — Watch
  2. ‘Duck Dynasty’ Recap: Willie & Jase Robertson Throw Down
  3. ‘Duck Dynasty’ Recap: The Robertsons Versus A Smoke Detector

Dianne Shaw

Posted at 9:16 PM on April 20, 2014

I’ve read all the comments good and bad about the Robertsons. Let you who are without sin cast the first stone. I’m a preachers kid and I know what it,s like to be talked about but I never even snuck out of a window as a teenager. Our family was a lot like the Waltons,poor but unconditional love was LIVED in our family, so if you don’t like the Robertsons and Duck Dynasty, shut your mouth and TURN THEM OFF. I will watch them as long as they run,and all shows as well as people have their ups and downs in life. At least their show has offered a clean show with a theme of love, no other show on TV has offered this, reality or otherwise. I bet these REDNECKS laugh all the way to the bank, do you? America can take a lesson.

JC

Posted at 5:53 PM on April 10, 2014

Yeah real touching. But whats realy happening here is thier ratings are beginning to drop alittle bit and they are coming out with “secrets” to get ratings back up.

Peggy

Posted at 4:00 AM on April 9, 2014

I appreciate the honesty of the Robertsons and by being true to themselves and their belief system. Sharing their life stories and their challenges helps the world to know that we are all human and go through many trials and tribulations in this life. In the end, all that matters is to love one another, get your priorities straight and put God before all else. I commend the Robertson’s for living their truth.

Susan Castro

Posted at 11:01 PM on April 1, 2014

Can anyone tell me how many employees they have at the Duck Commander facility making duck calls. Only recently became a huge fan. Now I can’t get enough of the series. I must have watched each episode at least 10 times. Great family interaction. Love Phil & Kay.

rochelle

Posted at 11:52 PM on March 31, 2014

I never watched till the controversy. .i will now..never miss it…best thing on TV or cable there is..Bravo is just sick n angry people being paid for being dysfunctional. ..will never watch bravo again..only duck Dynasty..deep down probably 95% of people agree or want to have their convictions

Angie

Posted at 10:38 PM on March 31, 2014

I enjoy duck dynasty the daughter in-laws are something I can do without. They are to snooty for my liking.

Jeni

Posted at 7:14 PM on March 31, 2014

I love duck dynasty. I wholeheartedly agree with each & everyone of them. I love the fact that they are so family oriented it’s not something you see much of in today’s society. They show what family really is how families should be there. Every individual in the world are entitled to there own opinions so how Phil feels on gays is his prerogative I feel that if you ask someone their opinion you should not get your panties in a bunch when they give it & you don’t agree if you can’t handle the truth maybe you shouldn’t be asking certain things on national television. I respect Phil & Kay as if they were my own parents i only wish that my family were as close as this family. What I love the most about the Robertsons is how rich they are but they don’t act it they remember where they came from they live like ordinary people basically what I’m saying is they make the money they didn’t let the money make them. All in all I do think they are the best reality show to date & probably the best there ever will be. This show has changed my perspective outlook on rednecks a lot because I’m not a fan of rednecks by far mainly because if the experiences I have had in the past with rednecks but by watching this show I have falling in love with these rednecks & have a whole new outlook on rednecks period I only hope that A&E does not make a mistake on ever canceling this series because I look forward to Sundays & Wednesdays lol!!! Last but not least one of the biggest reasons I have the utmost respect for this family they keep God in their lives they never forget to thank him for all their blessings & unlike this country they don’t let nothing or no one stop them from showing on national television how strong their faith is in the good lord. Love ya, DD Your biggest fan Jeni