‘American Idol:’ Majesty Rose Didn’t Deserve The Judges’ Save

Fri, March 28, 2014 9:53am EST by 15 Comments
Majesty Rose American Idol Save
Courtesy of FOX

Calen

Posted at 10:22 PM on April 6, 2014

I think she lost who she was as an artist on the show. Doesn’t anyone else think that she would have been PERFECT for this past week’s show? Her audition song was smooth yet powerful, the REAL Majesty. But I know she’ll do very well in the future !!

J.D. (@JphD87)

Posted at 1:59 PM on March 31, 2014

I think Majesty Rose is a great singer. And I think for many of the songs, I am sure she did well too. The problem was her mic. For some reason, she always sounded drowned out by the band on my TV. Whoever is doing the sound/mixing wasn’t doing a very good job for Majesty. Actually, I think the same could be said for Jena. I am sure her power vocals are great, but the sound of her performances like Clarity or Wake Me Up have not sounded all that great on my television, whereas I can always seem to hear Caleb just fine. I also think the band is terrible. The band cant seem to play the right key for the singers (e.g., Malaya singing “I Believe” during Hollywood week or MK during her performance of “Perfect”). Something needs to be done because it’s not giving the contestants the opportunity to accurately represent their talent.

Maggie

Posted at 12:38 AM on March 30, 2014

Why does this page have so many pictures of Jennifer Lopez while putting Majesty Rose down?
Answer: Jennifer Lopez is desperately trying to save face and your article is probably funded by the show and her contract investment..

Lopez never got over being offended by one of Majesty’s comments in response to Lopez’s nonsensical comments. And just when I was starting to think Lopez was maybe not so bad after all, the sweet face she has been presenting this season fell to reveal something ugly. Play back her response to Majesty’s performance. Now I know why Majesty was terrified.

I am done with American Idol because Jenifer Lopez is the boss of this show. And I look forward to Majesty Rose’s future success.

Manjit

Posted at 12:33 PM on March 31, 2014

This is the worst American Idol ever. I am so disappointed with the judges choices this year. i have been a big fan of Idol throughout the years, but i think it’s time to call it quits or I say bring back the old judges or someone like Kelly Clarkson.

Ramonica

Posted at 10:41 PM on March 29, 2014

I am not going to say she didn’t deserve it. But I don’t think the judges should have used it to save her. Majesty became my favorite when she sang, “123,” Hollywood week. She sounded like Corinne Bailey Rae! But she is so diverse that it was hard for her to gain a fan base. I know she lost me….I didn’t know what she started singing after Hollywood week. I really think she should have kept it in her Corinne Bailey Rae tone to keep her fan base. I think the judges are saving their save for Gena or Caleb. Alex is going to win so there’s no need in saving it for him.

Emma Rose

Posted at 3:51 AM on March 29, 2014

I hate Majesty ! She ruined Let It Go for me ! I can even say that Jessica Meuse is better than her ! No offense all the Jessica livers out there but really Jessica Meuse is better than Majesty !! Goodbye Majesty Rose, Hope that we won’t see you again

Calen

Posted at 10:22 PM on April 6, 2014

Wooooow douche :)

Betty

Posted at 3:33 AM on March 29, 2014

Not feeling any of the contestants this go around, and for that, this season is forgettable!

Velinda Franklin

Posted at 6:16 PM on March 28, 2014

I think Majesty knew she was going home, she knew the judges was not gonna save her so she decided to go out with a bang instead of singing for her life, cuz that was def not a save me performance, she was a quirky little thing I love her personality but she is not ready for The Big Time yet, but I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

Cheryl

Posted at 5:10 PM on March 28, 2014

Majesty was really good in the try outs, but I agree, she lost it somewhere and I firmly believe it was song choice. She has a good voice, but the last 3 songs were off key, something was missing. Poor little thing, I felt bad for her last night and you could tell so did Ryan. I wish her the best of luck, maybe we’ll see her back in a few years! I agree with the Judges..I have a feeling they will have to use it on Caleb..he’s so good, but America never really votes for an Idol Rock n Roll type, I hope this year is different, I think he should win. He has the best voice, Flawless!

Carla Shoppe

Posted at 4:24 PM on March 28, 2014

I think the judges were right not to save her. She seemed to be lost the past few weeks I thought her to be off key a few times even when she sounded good for most of the song. What I don’t understand so far this year all of these contestants sounded great hollywood week and before hollywood week. They get her now and they all do not sound as good. I am sorry I don’t think the kids are getting good advise in their songs choices or how they are singing. I miss Jimmy as their mentor he really found ways to find the best out of the contestants.

Army wife 03

Posted at 3:52 PM on March 28, 2014

I agree 100% that she didn’t deserve the save from judges. I do believe as well that their are people that’s still there that need to be going home as well. They all are great people, but not the great performers that deserve to be the next American Idol. I wish Majesty Rose all the best, she needs practice , maybe in time she will be the performer that the judges thought she could have been. Good luck to the remaining contestants! May America Vote for the true talent & not because they JUST like the person. It has to be on their TALENT, NOT their personality!

Joyce

Posted at 4:52 PM on March 29, 2014

She was all for herself. She did not seem to care about the other girls, because she really thought that she was better and should never be in the bottow But you were wrong,

Ramonica

Posted at 10:30 PM on March 29, 2014

That is not true!

Sherry L.

Posted at 10:05 AM on March 28, 2014

Majesty is a good singer I love her singing the judges got it right! I think theyare giving herthe wrong songs. Good luck Majesty fool America and show them what you are made of! Remember the time they disqualified Jennifer Hudson look where she’s at now!