Dying Girl, 11, Campaigns To Make One Direction Dreams Come True

Fri, March 28, 2014 11:27am EST by 12 Comments
Bethany Cobb One Direction
Courtesy of Facebook/Columbia Records

Bethany Cobb, 11, has sadly been diagnosed with stage four melanoma. Though Bethany is not going to make it, her family, with the help of thousands of supporters on Facebook, are rallying behind Bethany in hopes of making her dream of meeting One Direction come true before her dying day.

One Direction has thousands of fans all over the globe. However, it is one particular Directioner who has caught the attention of over 16,000 people on Facebook. Bethany Cobb, an 11-year-old girl diagnosed with terminal cancer, has her own campaign geared to make sure her wish of meeting the boy band comes true.

Online Campaign Started For Bethany Cobb To Meet ‘One Direction’

Bethany Cobb, who was diagnosed with stage four metastatic melanoma in September is a huge  One Direction fan. She even sleeps with a 1D blanket and teddy bear, just to show how dedicated she is.

After her condition started to get worse in January, her family, along with the help of the Make-A-Wish-Foundation, are desperately working to make her dying wish of meeting the boy band come true. Though Make-A-Wish did not think there was enough time to make this particular wish happen, over 16,000 people have liked Battle With Bethany, the Facebook page created to get the boy band’s attention.

Though Bethany’s parents are ‘overwhelmed’ by this incredible amount of support, they made sure to let everyone know that their main priority is still their daughter.

A message on the Facebook page stated, “Although Bethany likes One Direction, our focus is on Bethany going to be with The One who loves us, and saved us from our sins, Jesus Christ! More than any meeting with any musical group, we humbly ask for you to continue to pray for Bethany.”

One Direction Makes Fans’ Wishes Come True

One Direction has been known to be very generous with it’s fans. Back in January, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson posted heartfelt messages in memoriam of their fan, Magda Szablinska, who died suddenly of a heart attack while waiting for her school bus.

One Direction also sent a heartfelt message to fan Claire Daviswho was an innocent victim of the Arapahoe High School shooting back in December 2013. The band shot the video in hopes that it would help the high school student recover.

Even though Bethany will not be strong enough to travel to see the band, hopefully they can make time to shoot a video for her.

Let us know Hollywoodlifers, do you think Bethany’s wish will come true? Tell us in the comments below!

– By Stephanie Sengwe

More One Direction News:

1. One Direction Surprises Sick Kids With Private Performance
  2. One Direction Hangs With Big Bird On ‘Sesame Street’–First Pic
  3. One Direction Releases Fun ‘Midnight Memories’ Video– Watch

Kylee

Posted at 11:16 PM on August 19, 2014

Aww

she

Posted at 12:09 AM on April 19, 2014

awwww I really hope she meets them.

Chantel

Posted at 11:57 AM on April 17, 2014

That’s really cool

1Dfan Sharfaa (@1Dfan4ever786)

Posted at 10:39 AM on April 2, 2014

I hope she meets them.

Sarah

Posted at 9:23 PM on March 30, 2014

Poor girl. :( I hope she gets her wish. My support to her + her family

Sian Edmonstone

Posted at 9:16 PM on March 29, 2014

What a amazing little girl. My wish hasn’t came true but I sure hope Bethany’s because she so deserves to meet the 5 boys who mean the world to her xx

Ciara loves 1d

Posted at 7:00 AM on March 29, 2014

The poor girl. I really do hope that she does meet them. I hope the boys see that she is going to die so please boys go see her or even make a video saying how much you want to meet her. She is my age and I feel so sorry for her. I really do hope her wish comes true.

ilove1d2000

Posted at 7:58 PM on March 28, 2014

If she wants to meet one direction before she dies and her family is ok with it and there is a possibility she could meet them then yes her parents should try to make it happen. Its not “damn selfish”, if you wanted to meet a certain .celebrity you’d probably do whatever you could to meet that person or band

Kat

Posted at 7:49 PM on March 28, 2014

These parents need to teach these kids to stop being so damn selfish and entitled. Yes she’s on her death bed, but all of sudden all these terminally ill l kids and family of these kids, feel some sort of entitlement. What happened to spending your dying says with family and loved ones!??!

Sara

Posted at 8:58 PM on March 28, 2014

her family perfectly stated their main main focus is STILL their daughter, and if u check out her facebook page you will see there hasn’t been a post in several days. They just wanted to try and make her last wish come true

tif

Posted at 6:19 AM on March 29, 2014

you either dont have kids or dont get the parent thing because I tell you now, if I was in that situation I would do anything to put a smile on my childs face when I know I might not see a liftetime of them and I cant think of many parents I know who wouldn’t feel the same. I hope you have just said this in ignorance, or else I cannot fathom any parent trying to teach a terminally ill child selflessness. Comments like this make me sad for the world when people can actually think like this.

dunjav2013

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 28, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.