Joan Rivers: Did She Body Shame ‘Fat’ Lena Dunham?

Thu, March 27, 2014 10:41am EDT by 17 Comments
Joan Rivers Lena Dunham Weight
FameFlyNet

Colette

Posted at 2:51 PM on September 20, 2014

After I initially commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are
added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the same comment.
Is there a way you can remove me from that service?
Cheers!

joan rivers spaceballs

Posted at 8:50 PM on September 3, 2014

I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your
blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your
theme? Exceptional work!

englishteachertesol

Posted at 2:00 PM on May 5, 2014

Joan is in no position to talk about anyone. What message does she think she is sending to women having as many face lifts she has had and she probably had some body lifts as well. She is the last one to give advice when she is so obsessed with her looks. Of course, her surgery is a tragedy. She looks awful. Let us talk about her furs. What message is she sending to the abuse of animals by wearing furs.
Her daughter does not display any talent and if it weren’t for Joan, her daughter would not even be recognized. Let her start talking about her obsessions first. I think Lena was adorable and I think that she was telling young people not to be ashamed of their bodies. Of course, it is important to stay healthy, but that doesn’t mean you have to be ridiculously thin or mean you have to have what ever they call the perfect body. Joan needs to retire. I saw her perform in New York and her vulgarity is really off limits.

Debra B.

Posted at 12:43 AM on March 31, 2014

I can’t help but wonder what joan rivers would look like now if SHE had’nt had all that plastic surgery that she has had over the years. She looks like The Cat Woman, Jocelyn Wildenstein, the socialite that had p.s. surgeries to look like a cat. J.W. is much better looking than joan rivers ironically enough. Joan Rivers you need to just retire, you’re a Hollywood has been.

zyggie

Posted at 10:16 AM on March 28, 2014

I think we all have received Lena’s message. “ALL women are sexy no matter the shape, size etc.” Now I think she’s becoming a person who likes to be nude on camera all the time. what happened to great acting and story lines. I personally think she’s getting carried away with nudity on her show. I stopped watching it after this last show where she was in her bikini the bulk of the show. And as for Joan, she is a comic like all the others out there who speak about different things. I don’t agree with her delivery so I don’t watch her shows. It is up to us to turn it off both Joan and Lena’s show. Everyone has a comment about everything right or wrong.

lola

Posted at 10:27 PM on March 27, 2014

Joan is an idiot – Lena is a lot healthier than all the women who starve themselves, have surgery and take pills to stay abnormally thin. Ever wonder why so many actresses and models have problems having children naturally – and have to adopt or do IVF to get pregnant – it is because they are not healthy!!! There is a huge difference between being healthy and being skinny or obese – neither extreme is good – in the middle is better – where Lena is!!!

al dean

Posted at 5:42 PM on March 27, 2014

It was painful watching Lena’s nude scenes week after week.
I guess she was trying to send a message: Hey, it’s ok to look
like a stuffed derma.
I wish I could erase the vision from my memory.

Ruby

Posted at 5:56 PM on March 27, 2014

@al…easy to do, just don’t watch the show. I think Lena has nice breasts, stand-up perky but she is built wide and solid at the bottom The show with the bikini was what just about all women look like, unless you are one of the stick thin Hollywood babes.

Immarisela

Posted at 7:05 AM on March 28, 2014

Oh shut up its called embracing yourself n her body if it was hard to watch you should of changed it or looked away if you wanna be immature about it..FN LOSER

Polina Loringbob

Posted at 1:29 PM on March 27, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister brought home $20864 a week ago. she has been making cash on the internet and bought a $519900 home. All she did was get lucky and apply the advice exposed on this link

>>>>WWW.C­­H­­­E­­C­­K­­­4­­4.C­O­M

janet

Posted at 12:29 PM on March 27, 2014

Lena IS fat !!! truth hurts!

paula

Posted at 12:28 PM on March 27, 2014

she always go too far…but sometimes she is right…she should look to herself though.

amishawpixcb

Posted at 11:38 AM on March 27, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixëdLuv.Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful.Have a try.eryeryer

Lol

Posted at 10:48 AM on March 27, 2014

This old lady thinks she’s perfect when her face has been reconstructed that she looks horrible. I don ‘t care if she’s 80 and healthy. She shouldnt be bashing other people with the way they look because she is an UGLY FAG! When she dies, she’ll go straight to hell. I bet she wouldnt stop criticizing souls same as hers.

paula

Posted at 12:30 PM on March 27, 2014

you can be sure of that…she has a specific world waiting for her….

al dean

Posted at 5:44 PM on March 27, 2014

Joan’s looks aren’t the subject.
She is right about Lena.

Christine Wilson

Posted at 1:17 PM on March 28, 2014

She’s putting down someone for their appearance. Her looks ARE the subject just like Lena’s.