Zendaya Returns To Disney Channel With ‘Zapped’ — Hilarious First Look

Wed, March 26, 2014 3:52pm EST by 25 Comments

Great news, ‘Shake It Up’ fans — Rocky Blue is back! A little over a year since the Disney Channel cancelled the hit show ‘Shake It Up’ (co-starring Bella Thorne), the Mickey Mouse Channel is welcoming Zendaya back to the network with a starring role in her own original movie, ‘Zapped!’ Read on to watch the first teaser!

Zendaya already conquered summer 2013 with her hit song “Replay,” and now she’s poised to become the new Queen of the Disney Channel! A year after Shake It Up, her show with Bella Thorne, went off the air, the 17-year-old is back with her own original movie, Zapped!

‘Zapped’ — Zendaya Shows Off Her Sick Dance Moves

So what’s Zapped about? Well, the movie centers on a sixteen-year-old girl named Zoey Stevens (Zendaya), a skilled dancer and straight-A student who has to deal with a bunch of problems all at once: she has to adjust to a new high school, a new dance squad, a new step-dad, three new rowdy step-brothers and an uncontrollable dog. (Whoa, that’s a lot to deal with for a teenager!)

We love that Zapped will give Zendaya the opportunity to show off her amazing physical comedy talents (she’s like the Jaleel White of a new generation!), but we also love that the former Dancing with the Stars contestant (and singer) will get to put her fierce dance moves on display (make sure to see her busting a move in the trailer above!).

The movie is also a huge opportunity for the triple threat. She co-headlined Shake It Up for 75 episodes, but now she’s all on her own, leading up a Disney Original movie — this is the big leagues.

So HollywoodLifers, are you happy to see Zendaya back on the Disney Channel? Dish in the comments below!

– Lee Hernandez

More TV News:

1. Bella Thorne & Zendaya Coleman Are Obsessed With Spring’s New It Bag
  2. Zendaya Coleman Named New Face Of X Out — Congrats
  3. ‘Shake It Up’ Star Bella Thorne On Being The Next Miley Cyrus: ‘It’s A Very Unfair Comparison’

Lyndsee

Posted at 5:09 PM on June 24, 2014

I love the new movie.

Amanda

Posted at 10:31 AM on June 24, 2014

I just finished the movie. It was the best movie I’ve ever seen! Way better than other movies. (:😻☺️😉

Tianna

Posted at 8:58 PM on June 22, 2014

I love your new movie. Zendaya

BJ Jackson

Posted at 2:21 AM on June 22, 2014

You rock zendaya follow your dreams and dont let no one stop you love you forever and your dance moves are so cool hope you can teach me awesome forever

China

Posted at 11:16 PM on June 17, 2014

I can’t wait to watch it on my phone if I can cause I have to go some where at 8:00 ^…^ I’m so sad

Shaniyra

Posted at 3:50 PM on June 9, 2014

Can’t wait to see the zendaya and spencer play in zapped

Imani

Posted at 2:53 PM on May 27, 2014

I like what i’m seeing. Totally psyched about the premier of Zapped!

wildana jean pierre

Posted at 4:56 PM on May 19, 2014

i like it

Kitty guerrero

Posted at 9:23 PM on April 28, 2014

I can watch the zapped

Brittany Eidsor

Posted at 3:29 PM on April 22, 2014

Dude im totally skyked !! i cant wait to see Zendaya again! She is an awsome singer and dancer and now this movie is kinda portraying the Shake It Up! life again! Totes can’t wait!.

Kay

Posted at 9:45 PM on April 14, 2014

I heard that zapped is based on my fav. Book boys are dogs! Btw awesome! You should read the book before you watch the movie.

jamia

Posted at 1:25 PM on June 12, 2014

I can’t wait to see it I heard it is a good movie to

Tamera

Posted at 9:20 PM on April 13, 2014

I am sooo excited to see this movie can tell its going to be good by just looking at the advertisement☺☺☺☺

dnashia

Posted at 12:59 PM on April 28, 2014

do you go to stokes-beard

Zoey

Posted at 10:44 AM on April 9, 2014

Go Iam so pumt to see ZAPPED

Tiarra

Posted at 8:45 PM on April 8, 2014

I am so happy but at the same time im sad that shake it up went off air…but its great for her to come back and do a comedy

omni

Posted at 5:06 PM on March 29, 2014

y she leave shake it up [really crazy to leave i loved it]

Love U forever (@aleksandra980)

Posted at 5:06 PM on March 27, 2014

OMG! It will be fantastic! I’m looking forward to see the first episode! I love her, because she’s sooo talented! She’s a wonderful singer (she sings like an angel :’))), a great actress and especially – an incredible dancer! Nobody can dance like she does it. Her moves… This is not to describe

Kayla

Posted at 5:54 AM on March 27, 2014

I absolutely love zendaya but I have to be honest a bit… this just doesn’t seem like a great movie. I think a lot of the reason people will watch it is just for the fact that Zendaya is in it. I feel like Zendaya is really starting to expand her career in a more bigger adult way and this movie just feels a bit misplaced. like this movie should have aired right after her show got cancelled. For whatever reason disney has sort of lost its spark a bit. Disney use to have such amazing movies and shows like, that’s so raven, Lizzy McGuire, Phil of the future, wizards of Waverly place, etc. Now every show or movie just seems really cliche and lacking in the humor department. Almost like the writers of the shows are trying too hard to add humor to a show and at the end of it you find yourself saying ‘wow that was a really lame joke.’ It’s gotten to the point where even little kids seem kinda confused and its a kids network! My ten year old niece actually said she thought that spongebob squarepants was more funny then that one show antfarm. I get what they are trying to do with adding a new cool dance twist but it’s been done before! There was that one movie starstruck that had an alright cute story line but it’s like they are still trying to come up with the next high school musical! I’m sorry but camp rock was as close as they are ever gonna get and zapped is falling into that watch it once and then you realize how cheesy it is. Like I said I am a huge zendaya fan and I actually liked shake it up and voted for her on DWTS but this movie just feels like it’s coming out a little late.

Zula

Posted at 8:06 PM on April 30, 2014

I feel the same exact way. I’ve been saying disney channel used to be my favorite channel no matter what, but now the only time i EVER watch it is when my little sister is watching t. I really understand and feel the same exact way. I just hope zapped doesn’t fall into their cheesy lack of humor categor

ify

Posted at 3:43 PM on June 20, 2014

Hey do you guyz think that bella thorne and zendaya are still bffs?

Isamar Morales

Posted at 1:24 AM on March 27, 2014

Yes i am so excited to see Zendaya back on Disney Channel.

Dayjah Burton

Posted at 1:15 AM on March 27, 2014

YES ! Can’t Wait. Love Zendaya

Spygirl1234@aol.com

Posted at 3:58 PM on April 5, 2014

Go for it zendaya I am proud of you and I’m a big fan of you and when this movie will come out on Disney channel and I need to know.

jahala graves

Posted at 10:41 PM on June 23, 2014

zendaya can you pleaes make me famis because my family need the money and i love to a acters
because i love acting