‘The Little Couple’s’ Jen Arnold: Why I Shared My ‘Struggle’ With Cancer

Wed, March 26, 2014 1:58pm EDT by 21 Comments

‘The Little Couple’s Dr. Jennifer Arnold and Bill Klein have no problem being open about their lives on their reality television show. However, the couple had to reconsider their sharing after Jen’s scary cancer diagnosis. In this clip, Jen opens up about the tough decision to let cameras in during one of the most trying times in her life, and also explains why it was important to do so.

Dr. Jennifer Arnold is one brave woman! With husband Bill Klein by her side, she made the difficult decision to openly share her struggle with cancer on The Little Couple. Now, Jen is explaining how and why she made the decision to let her cancer scare be documented for the world to see.

Jen Arnold Talks About Sharing Cancer Diagnosis With The Public

Dr. Jennifer Arnold keeps tugging at our heartstrings and inspiring us all. The Little Couple star was recently diagnosed with stage 3 uterine cancer, and was brave enough to share it with the public on her family’s hit reality show.

“We hope, like everything else we shared, it helps to raise awareness, it educates, and maybe it helps someone along the  line,” Jen explained. She is so brave!

The decision  to share such a large and difficult part of their lives was, naturally, very hard.

“For the first time, we had to pause and think about whether or not that was something we should and could share with you as well,” Jen admitted.

“After much thought and time, we decided that it would be important to share with you, this other struggle in our lives.”

Jen Continues To Be Strong On The Show

This is not the first time Jennifer has exhibited her strength. During the March 25 Christmas episodes of The Little Couple, Jen confessed that her immune system had been suppressed due to the chemotherapy.  Because of that, her entire family had been quarantined inside their house, being careful that they don’t contract germs from outside and potentially pass them onto her.

This did not stop this strong little woman from taking her kids on a fun holiday hayride, because her family definitely needed some fun.

As always, Bill was right by her side, saying, “It’s important that she doesn’t feel left out.” Bill is so supportive of Jen, it’s very sweet.

Jen also showed that she was not ashamed of her cancer diagnosis when she posted a pic of herself without a wig during one of her recent treatment sessions.

“Day 2 inpatient chemo – sleeping a lot, liking new anti nausea med this time, & looking to get home today! #GetWellJen” the selfie was captioned.

Hopefully Jen is right, and the story of her brave fight with cancer inspires other women who might be dealing with the same struggles. She is definitely inspiring me!

Let us know Hollywoodlifers! Do you think Jen should have shared her story?

– By Stephanie Sengwe

More ‘Little Couple’ News:

1. ‘The Little Couple’: How Our Kids Helped Jen Heal During Cancer Scare
  2. ‘The Little Couple’ Exclusive Clip: Jen & Bill Celebrate Zoey’s First Christmas
  3. ‘Little Couple’ Recap: Jen’s Illness Forces Her To Leave India Mid-Adoption

Jaylen

Posted at 11:54 PM on July 1, 2014

Hello mrs. Jen.. I love your show so much and i was very devastated when yo found out you have cancer. I was crying the whole time because i love whot you and your husband are doing to keep life going on with any and everything you have to do or deal with. Keep you head up and stay strong please and i wull do the same and pray for you
Thank you !! From your
Biggest fan: jaylen burgess
Ps: stay strong and live your life

entertainment centers

Posted at 3:07 AM on April 23, 2014

Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve visited this blog before but after browsing through a few of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
Anyways, I’m certainly delighted I came across it and I’ll be book-marking
it and checking back regularly!

Janie Hills

Posted at 6:01 PM on April 10, 2014

Thank you so very much for sharing your family and the personal nature of cancer in your life. Watching the dynamics in your family is so refreshing to see the joy, love, and laughter even through the difficult times. The love and support between you and your husband is wonderful. Bill’s personality and support along with his humor is such gift. Jennifer you must be exceptional to be loved and so endearing by this man. We all can learn and grow from you both. Thank you for being great examples for the rest of us.

MyLynda Stout

Posted at 1:11 AM on April 9, 2014

I want to thank Jennifer Arnold for sharing her story as a recent cancer survivor myself I has my husband and family support but didn’t have anyone who was able to help me understand the many things my body would go through and by telling her story someone that may face cancer in the future will have a better understanding of chemo and radiation. Congratulations on completing chemo and ringing the bell I have rung the bell twice in the last 3 months for completing chemo and radiation no greater feeling than knowing it is over and that your life will return to normal. Jwn enjo those beautiful children now.

Aris

Posted at 3:08 PM on April 1, 2014

Jen and Bill, I truly believe you made the right decision in sharing this difficult time in your lives. Not only are you educating people as far as the process and the emotional aspect in fighting cancer, but it also helps you heal. Being a cancer survivor, speaking to others of my battle not only informed others, but helped me heal as well. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your family every program, as you are a part of mine. I love Will and Zoey . The love they receive from you and the love and affection they give to you is just wonderful. God Bless your and your beautiful family.

Susan

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 31, 2014

Jenn and Bill, I wish you many blessings. I hope Jenn recovers quickly so that she can continue to enjoy her family to the fullest. I admire you both so much. You are an inspiration for your courage, strength, heartwarming kindness, positivity and love. May God continue to bless you and your family.

Nellie Rivera

Posted at 7:08 AM on March 28, 2014

Jen keep going up..your big and strong. ..I. love you guys and I keep in my prayers. ..God Bless You..love you

mcnallyxcb

Posted at 9:36 PM on March 27, 2014

.Are you still single ? You are not alone. Free join~~~ ♥ MixëdLuv.Ćom ♥ ~~ Millions of singles have joined it.. This is a Serious interracial dating site for black and white singles seeking relationships, friendships, dating ,love and more. Single black people meeting single white people is why we are here.Hundreds of new interracial singles who same as you join here everyday. This common interest will help make dating easier, more effective, and more successful.Have a try.xcbxcbxcb

audreylamb50 (@audreylamb50)

Posted at 3:18 PM on March 27, 2014

I basically make about………$6,000k-$8,000k a month online………. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old jobs income, especially considering I only work about 10-13 hours a week from home. go to this site home tab for more detail ..WWW.J­­­­O­­­­B­­­­S­­­­­C­­­­­S.C­O­M

Polina Loringbob

Posted at 1:26 PM on March 27, 2014

my neighbor’s step-sister brought home $20864 a week ago. she has been making cash on the internet and bought a $519900 home. All she did was get lucky and apply the advice exposed on this link

>>>>WWW.C­­H­­­E­­C­­K­­­4­­4.C­O­M

amishawpixcb

Posted at 11:32 AM on March 27, 2014

barack

Posted at 12:53 PM on March 27, 2014

where da white women?

sue diaz

Posted at 10:38 AM on March 27, 2014

so happy for someone to share story of ovarian cacncer .most people don’t know it is the silent killer . we need some kind of screening. enjoy every day that you can with the family. god bless you and loved ones.

Delphine Fennell

Posted at 10:01 AM on March 27, 2014

Your family is beautiful and you will be just fine God has you in his hands keep your head up we are. all praying for you and we love you.

Christine Pearson

Posted at 3:56 AM on March 27, 2014

Jen and Bill – Congratulations on your two beautiful children. Jen, you have inspired so many people by airing your cancer diagnosis on your show. It shows how honest and brave you and Bill really are. I have watched you show from the beginning and will continue to do so. I will pray for you and your family that your cancer stays in remission. You two are the best!

Dorothy Lenihan

Posted at 12:34 AM on March 27, 2014

You are a true inspiration. God bless you and your beautiful family.

Dean Smithey

Posted at 7:37 PM on March 26, 2014

I have never been on Facebook before, My husband and I watched your show last week for the first time and we have been catching up on the episodes. We love your family and I pray for daily. My husband had stage 4 lung and brain cancer and Father God has been loving to us. He will be loving to you also. We love you all. God Bless

Eileen

Posted at 10:38 AM on March 27, 2014

Yes, they are an amazing couple. Jen has faced this cancer diagnosis head on – with courage along with being very candor about it all. A very brave person, in my eyes. I have so much respect for her and letting the public in (her fans) to keep up with her incredible journey through it all. She is one heck of a woman! God Bless you, Dr. Jen.

andrea

Posted at 7:19 PM on March 26, 2014

You are a beautiful lady.

Daphne Wallace

Posted at 5:48 PM on March 26, 2014

Prayers sent your way Jen, Bill, Will, and Zoey. Love your show very much. God is
a good God. He will strengthen you every day of your lives. Love you all.

dunjav2013

Posted at 2:26 PM on March 26, 2014

Reblogged this on dunjav.