‘The Good Wife’: Josh Charles Consoles Fans Over Will Gardner Death

Wed, March 26, 2014 4:22pm EST by 14 Comments
The Good Wife Josh Charles Death
Courtesy of CBS

Shelly (@ShellyHearn)

Posted at 9:01 PM on April 13, 2014

Here’s the thing — the relationship he had with Alicia and he was portrayed and unique, real, and a rarity….Many want to have this experience or believe if they were with the person they think of often, it would resemble the couple on The Good Wife. I think that’s why it was so dramatic. And Will is an excellent actor.

Shelly (@ShellyHearn)

Posted at 9:02 PM on April 13, 2014

I poorly worded that comment…oops

Dawn

Posted at 6:20 PM on April 10, 2014

LoL, reading some of these comments…wow! Seems to me that some of you are a bit selfish. Poor guy can’t decide to quit the show and live his own life. I love the show and he will be missed, but really guys, ragging him because he made a personal decision the opt out at the end of his contract is just silly. Entertaining, but silly. =)

Carol

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 10, 2014

Still saddened by Will’s death.Not fair!

BIG Good Wife Fan

Posted at 8:20 PM on April 1, 2014

They better damn well find someone to fill the hole Will has left – pronto!!! (And not with the ridiculous “Governor”. Alicia is heads above that creep.) Otherwise – I’m done!

hr

Posted at 10:16 PM on March 31, 2014

I cant believe how it ends, definitely I wont see the good wife again

Donna maselli

Posted at 6:05 PM on March 31, 2014

The one darn show I missed and Will gets killed off! The dynamics between will and alicia are what made the show! I’m still hoping that it will be like the last episode of Dallas and it was just a dream pay h what he wants and bring him back!
It can be a ruse by Eli to protect the Gov from Will’s testimony. That’s believeable.

LisaG

Posted at 11:18 AM on March 30, 2014

Huge fan of the show and it’s characters. The killing off of Will Gardner (Josh) has now ruined it for me. Josh, I didn’t know who you were before this show. I’ve come to really like you and your character. But you clearly don’t care enough about the fans that made you so popular. Good luck in whatever you do, I doubt it will ever equal your role as Will Gardner. I’m done watching this show.

Theodore Christenson

Posted at 7:27 PM on March 28, 2014

man… shocking episode. The cinematography set the tone and the episode felt , feels like despair. Tells lots about the art / life connected mirror dichotomy I suppose. But the way the show played with invested fans by doing this really bugs. Hey, everyone’s a critic: particularly, if they follow this show.

D

Posted at 6:58 PM on March 27, 2014

I was shock that Josh Charles was killed. I was very upset . I know it is only TV… but I will miss seeing him and of course …wish him the best. hmmmm not even sure I want to continue watching Good Wife …

Charlene

Posted at 11:28 AM on March 27, 2014

I understand the writers wanting to make Will’s leaving the show a big story, but being that he was such a major character in The Good Wife, I myself as I’m sure many others are very shocked and distraught the way he left.

Yvonne

Posted at 10:03 PM on March 26, 2014

Very selfish of Josh Charles. Why would anyone trust him in a future role? Fans deserved better.

sam

Posted at 2:47 AM on March 27, 2014

lol, really?

roxanne

Posted at 10:34 AM on March 27, 2014

Kudos to the writers! You all did an excellent job of writing Will out. So dramatic and unexpected. Luv, Luv, Luv, The Good Wife and am looking forward to what’s yet to come. Keep us on the edge of the couch! :)))))))) P.S. We will miss you…..Will :(