‘Are You The One’ Finale: Are Shanley & Chris Engaged? — Watch

Wed, March 26, 2014 12:47pm EDT by 8 Comments 13,925 Article Views

MTV’s new reality show ‘Are You The One’ kissed away it’s first season with a drama-heavy finale last night, March 25. Did the gang get a perfect 10? Keep reading to find out, and WATCH our in-studio interview with couple Shanley and Chris!

Shanley and Chris stole each others’ hearts on the very first episode of Are You The One. They also stole the hearts of America, and everyone is dying to know if they’re still together! We had the duo in at HollywoodLife.com‘s Times Square studio to dish on their relationship status — are they getting married? Plus, we’ve got your full finale recap.

The Final Truth Booth Sends In Jacy & John

MTV’s breakout reality hit Are You The One ended its freshman finale last night, March 25, and we admit it: we’re hooked. Thankfully, the love-to-hate guilty pleasure was just renewed for a second season, hours before the big season ender. But before Season 2 begins, here’s how the first round wrapped up.

After the last challenge, which had the female contestants rubbing their bodies all over the lubed-up men (standard), Jacy and John were sent into the Truth Booth. Jacy has been torn between Chris Scali and John, and with the contestants having previously matched together with an efficiency rate of 80% in last week’s episode, lovelorn Jacy could have easily screwed up the gang’s chance at 1 million dollars. (Do the math and it’s $50,000 each player — minus taxes.)

Turns out, Jacy and John are not a match! So does that mean Jacy’s perfect man is Scali?

Do Shanley & Chris Stick Together?

Now that we know Jacy can’t stick with John — at least for the ceremony — Scali chose Jacy as his perfect match. Ryan ended up choosing Jessica, saying that he’d bet a million dollars on it. What a comedian!

Adam selected Shanley, and let’s just say Brittany was pissed off! But it may have all worked out for her because Joey chose Brittany,  and let’s be honest, Brittany is completely crazy to think that Adam still wants her.

Shanley — who’s deeply in love with Chris, who was un-perfectly, yet somehow perfectly, matched with Paige earlier in the season — even admitted to having some fun without Chris in the house, and had a good time with Adam. That’s all great, in the name of $1 million, but we’re willing to bet all of our money on Chris and Shanley living happily ever after. Why? Because they told us so when they visited HollywoodLife.com‘s Times Square studios (watch above)!

The Final Lock-In Ceremony — Did The Gang Get A Perfect 10?

Going into the final matchup ceremony with only three perfect matches, the love-hungry (and money-hungry) players were anxiously awaiting all 10 light beams to go off. So did they all shine bright? Cue the confetti…10 perfect matches! (We never saw it coming.)

“Everyone just won money for, like, trying to f*** each other,” said John, oh so eloquently.

But the real question is, did the love experiment gameshow actually create true love? There’s only one way to know, and that’s by tuning into the reunion special next week, Tuesday, April 1.

Whatever the outcome, we know that Chris did admit his love for Shanley, pointing out that he fell so quickly for her. “When you know, you know,” he said. We’re rooting for these two! We’ve even heard that there will be a big proposal during the reunion and we hope it’s Shanley and Chris!

In true Are You The One fashion, all 20 contestants celebrated their 10 perfect matches by taking a communal round of shots. Stay classy, lovers!

HollywoodLifers, did you fall in love with this guilty pleasure? Do you hope that Shanley and Chris admit that they’re an official couple during next week’s reunion? And are you excited that the show has been renewed for Season 2? Let us know!

– Elizabeth Wagmeister

More Couple Relationship News:

1. Gwyneth Paltrow & Chris Martin Announce Separation
  2. Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Planning To Get Married — Report
  3. ‘Bachelor’ Juan Pablo: Is Nikki Ferrell Pregnant With His Baby? — Report

khadijah

Posted at 7:14 PM on April 30, 2014

At first I was all over cris and shanley to be together. But after it was clearly she was seeming to completely move on with Adam. And the more I think about it I realise she is being jealous and don’t want cris and paige to end up together. She is good looking and charming and appear innocent but I can notice some weird personality with a blink eye.

and for poor paige she missed the whole fun for being there and finding out her perfect match to be chris.and so she didn’t have much fun like others in the house.
I can notice them being together for life time but I guess chris is all for physical attractions to shanley like I was and am still though confusing mysrlf about it.

Marie

Posted at 4:48 PM on March 31, 2014

Every time I see someone claiming that Shanley and Chris were the fan favorite couple of Are You The One I have to LMAO! Really? They had their moments but overall they were selfish and at times insufferable. Yes they have fans but they certainly were not who I tuned in for and feel that the only two fan favorite couples were Dillan and Coleysia and Ethan and Amber. Admittedly, they did have some moments as the show got closer to the finale where I tolerated them better than previously, but still, not impressed by the pseudo-Romeo/Juliet thing that some want to use as the “epitome couple” theme for Are You The One’s success. And while they may be in love (more likely lust) I still see nothing unique in their connection or relationship. The fact that Dillan/Coleysia and Amber/Ethan weren’t giving it up to just anyone or even with each other sends a much stronger message about what truly matters when you are trying to keep a realtionship going the distance.

melissa

Posted at 3:42 PM on March 28, 2014

Did everyone really fall in love with Shanley and Chris? I hated them. It annoyed me to no end.

William M. Beal

Posted at 2:56 PM on March 28, 2014

money is very important for every person.I earn a lot lo money through online jobs.I earn at least 90$ per hour,I work at least 5 to 6 hours a day and fulfill my all necessities.if you also can get an online job plz visit the site given below…………………… W­­W­­W.­­V­­O­­X­­­­J­­O­­B.­­C­­O­­M­­

Fernanda

Posted at 5:25 PM on March 26, 2014

I love this new show and enjoyed watching the struggles and happiness shared through this emotional journey. I can’t wait for the next season!

Victoria

Posted at 3:09 PM on March 26, 2014

I think the engagement is Dylan and Coleysia, or Ethan and Amber.

Lyn206

Posted at 1:43 PM on March 26, 2014

I think it’s Ethan and Amber. They are all over twitter with professional pictures and candid shots and they seem to be a much more stable couple than Chris and shanley

heller.laurie (@hellerlaurie)

Posted at 1:26 PM on March 26, 2014

I basically make about………$6,000k-$8,000k a month online………. It’s enough to comfortably replace my old jobs income, especially considering I only work about 10-13 hours a week from home. go to this site home tab for more detail ..WWW.J­­­­O­­­­B­­­­S­­­­­2­­­­­3.C­O­M