Kate Gosselin Defends Return To TV: ‘I Have 8 Kids To Support’

Fri, March 21, 2014 2:14pm EST by 153 Comments
Courtesy Of NBC, SplashNews

Kaylan

Posted at 10:10 AM on February 6, 2015

I find most who hate Kate don’t even have large families of their own. They can’t compare their life to hers or what is required of her. I’ve enjoyed watching Kate try to manage such a large family and it’s sad that she has to do that on her own now. If anything, her plight should connect with other single moms out there who really have to do everything.

Kaylan

Posted at 10:01 AM on February 6, 2015

I think Kate is a very down to earth person when it comes to motherhood. Unless her ex is paying child support, she does need to make money and the show allows her to be at home with her kids. I think as long as it’s family-friendly, the show is fine and my children (and we have a big family too) enjoy watching the other kids. We really enjoy watching the children having events and fun together.

Pat Mulholland

Posted at 9:42 PM on January 26, 2015

I would never watch her!!! Absolutely cannot stand her, and Jon is probably so much happier without her

Kaylan

Posted at 10:02 AM on February 6, 2015

Jon should have remained a husband and father to his family. I don’t know how the divorce situation started, but whoever left first is the one at fault. Every parent should try to make the marriage work for the sake of the children.

MMMMKay

Posted at 12:48 AM on February 10, 2015

I watched this show the first go around. I can tell you how the divorce started. Kate is a humorless, controlling, shrew. She emasculated and humiliated him in public at every opportunity. I always felt sorry for him because she made it seem as if he could never do anything right. By that, I mean, read her mind and whatever crazy was going on up in there. If Jon left first, it was to protect his children from what was sure to be an unbelievably overbearing woman berating him until he did leave. It’s been reported repeatedly that this is and was the case.

Kate was manipulative and verbally/emotionally abusive toward Jon. Would you expect a woman in this situation to “try to make the marriage work for the sake of the children?” I think not.

amazing

Posted at 7:03 PM on January 8, 2015

I hate to say it, but the fact that this woman can get a good job without any trouble, and she still says, “I have to support 8 kids.” Its annoying because there is absolutely no problem from that standpoint because she is perfectly capable of working. On top of that it was her decision to pop out six kids, and then have two more. Sorry Kate, but your excuse annoys me.

Sarah

Posted at 4:26 PM on January 9, 2015

She would have to work multiple ‘good’ jobs to pay for someone to look after her 8 kids while she was at work. This way she is with her kids. Raising them, supporting them.
Also – she popped out 2, then had 6 more. The facts are not that hard to keep straight.

Mel

Posted at 6:01 PM on January 9, 2015

You mean she would have to work and have a sitter or aftercare at school like every other family. Listen Kate is only interested in finding a rich man. That’s it. She could care less about going back to work and she is going to pull every trick in the book to avoid that. She wants fame and fortune she’s shallow and a moron. I feel so sorry for the kids who have a witch of a mom like her.

Kaylan

Posted at 10:04 AM on February 6, 2015

Working a regular job would not pay enough for childcare unfortunately. I know moms with only one kid who can’t afford childcare. If you don’t have relatives who can babysit, you are NOT going to be able to make enough as a single mom. I’m guessing though that her ex pays child support–or should, since he is still a father no matter what.

allie

Posted at 2:43 PM on December 23, 2014

Jon’s a loser!

Abigail

Posted at 5:02 PM on December 13, 2014

Yes kate plus 8 should be back on tv ok she can do what she wants it’s not you quys who get to make that choice and have 8 kids. The tv show is not doing any harm to those kids life or anything like that kate even said so in an interview. Kate knows what is best for those kids. She would never do anything that was not good for those kids. And anyways her kids love being on tv. When they stopped the tv show they cried (also said in an interview). Cara mady Alexis Hannah adden collen Leah and Joel all love this and don’t take that away from them with all the hate.

Kaylan

Posted at 10:06 AM on February 6, 2015

I agree. From what I have seen on the show she is a very loving mother who really worries about and tries to take care of her kids. Yes, she might act frustrated or exhausted, but so do all moms. And they edit things to show only the emotional parts of the show. Those who are saying mean things about her don’t know her entirely as a person or what happens off camera. I think it is just very sad that they had a divorce because all parents should try to make things work out, especially when you have a big family like that. I have no respect for Jon at all. He’s very much to blame too.

Cynthia

Posted at 12:57 PM on December 12, 2014

Good God!! Please TLC…noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Please get rid of this show and this woman for GOOD! I don’t know who would possibly show enough interest in this for you to give her a new season but, seriously, PLEASE stop it already!!! Kate, please just go away…get your nursing job back and raise your children like any other parent would. Thank you.

Kaylan

Posted at 10:07 AM on February 6, 2015

If you hate it that much, don’t watch it. I enjoy the show now that Kate is older and my kids enjoy watching her children. It is realistic and not fluff for those who don’t even know what raising a family that big is like. Those of us who have large families know how difficult and rewarding it can be at the same time. Most people who comment either don’t have children or have only one or two kids. They really don’t have any experience in what Kate goes through.

Rosemarie Back